The Student Room Group

AQA English Language Coursework

Hey guys just wanted to know if anyone was doing A Level English Language and how you're getting on with the coursework :smile:
Reply 1
Done my first piece of original writing and started my second one :smile: First one went very well and my teacher really approves of it but struggling with my second piece. Its purpose is inform and persuade, was wondering if the facts and stats have to be completely true or can I make them up? any ideas? :smile:
i've finished both of my pieces, i think they're getting marked by examiners now (ish). i did a monologue and then a travel guide in the style of lemony snicket (don't ask haha).

@wilbourns i would assume the facts and statistics would have to be true if you have access to them but it depends i guess. i'd probably err on the side of caution and use proper facts if you know them. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Wilbourns
Done my first piece of original writing and started my second one :smile: First one went very well and my teacher really approves of it but struggling with my second piece. Its purpose is inform and persuade, was wondering if the facts and stats have to be completely true or can I make them up? any ideas? :smile:

Thats great! Good to get some of it out the way :smile: I think it's best to keep statistics as accurate as possible in case the examiner decides to check up on the off chance :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by _lifegoeson
i've finished both of my pieces, i think they're getting marked by examiners now (ish). i did a monologue and then a travel guide in the style of lemony snicket (don't ask haha).

@wilbourns i would assume the facts and statistics would have to be true if you have access to them but it depends i guess. i'd probably err on the side of caution and use proper facts if you know them. :smile:

Lucky you... my deadline's after eater :/ i just really want to get my pieces in and forget about them now!
Reply 5
Are you all talking about AS or A2. Coz Im doing A2 and was wondering about the second part of the coursework where you have to do investigation and research if I can take like articles and use it in my research or I have to record my own data (like record people or take questionaires) coz thats what it says in the book. And I really prefer to collect my own articles on whatever subject I decide to do.

Also what's the deadline? 15 May right? Coz Im an external candidate so obviosly everything is a lot more complicated. When do you people get your coursework in?
I've finished mine, I did a story extract and a magazine article, film review along with 2 commentaries explaining the linguistic features :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by SharminaSyeda
I've finished mine, I did a story extract and a magazine article, film review along with 2 commentaries explaining the linguistic features :smile:

This was for A2 the research? and so you collected existing data? Thankssss
Original post by ssmoses
This was for A2 the research? and so you collected existing data? Thankssss

No no no sorry, this is AS
Reply 9
Original post by ssmoses
Are you all talking about AS or A2. Coz Im doing A2 and was wondering about the second part of the coursework where you have to do investigation and research if I can take like articles and use it in my research or I have to record my own data (like record people or take questionaires) coz thats what it says in the book. And I really prefer to collect my own articles on whatever subject I decide to do.

Also what's the deadline? 15 May right? Coz Im an external candidate so obviosly everything is a lot more complicated. When do you people get your coursework in?

I'm doing A2 - i think in the investigation, you dont have to record your own data, just acknowledge it in a bibliography. My data was videos from youtube :smile: I'm not sure when the deadline is but my unofficial teacher's deadline is the end of this week :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by SharminaSyeda

That's cool - i think for AS i did an article and an analysis or something - it wasn't as interesting as A2 is :smile:
Reply 11
Thanks so much. It is really helpful to see what other students are doing. Phew, I self-imposed myself a deadline for the end of the week and I thought I was really behind, Ill just have to work on it now.
Original post by Pepper22
I'm doing A2 - i think in the investigation, you dont have to record your own data, just acknowledge it in a bibliography. My data was videos from youtube :smile: I'm not sure when the deadline is but my unofficial teacher's deadline is the end of this week :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Pepper22

Hey again
What exactly was your investigation on? And so you transcripted the data from spoken youtube videos?
Thanks
Reply 13
Original post by ssmoses
Hey again
What exactly was your investigation on? And so you transcripted the data from spoken youtube videos?
Thanks

hey, it was basically comparing interview techniques. I used two interviews with the same interviewee and one male and one female interviewer. Yeah i had to do two transcripts - it took ages! :smile: x
My deadline for this coursework (set by my teacher) is next friday :colone:
I've done my language investigation on the language used by males/females on the website 'Twitter' & my media article on the language used by teens etc :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending