The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Maths/MORSE/Stats applicants and questions 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ree69
Yeah, embarrassingly enough I got an offer for MORSE last year (for 2011 entry) but missed it - I got A*A*BB. I'm not sure how good it'll look retaking and then reapplying but y'know, I really am desperate to do MORSE! I'll email the admission guys soon... The only hope I have is that I think the maths department give out offers to resit applicants and then hopefully i can meet that and then transfer to morse. That's why I'm thinking of applying to both...

You realize you need to get a grade in STEP too?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
You realize you need to get a grade in STEP too?

for my MORSE offer last year i didn't...they asked for A*AA
Original post by Ree69
for my MORSE offer last year i didn't...they asked for A*AA

Ohh right, that's fine then.
Is it common for people to be rejected with predicted grades A*AA with f.maths?
I'm so worried :s
Original post by buttermints
Is it common for people to be rejected with predicted grades A*AA with f.maths?
I'm so worried :s

Relax, you'll most likely get an offer. The issue isn't so much about getting the offer, but rather meeting it.
Original post by powermanchu
Relax, you'll most likely get an offer. The issue isn't so much about getting the offer, but rather meeting it.

This has made me very happy :smile:

is that just for maths or for MORSE aswell?
Original post by like_a_star

Just for maths, MORSE isn't dealt with by the maths department.

For Math, you have the added pressure of STEP (although, arguably, that's also there for MORSE/MathStat, depending on your A level grades, or if you want to snag that cash incentive).
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Just for maths, MORSE isn't dealt with by the maths department.

For Math, you have the added pressure of STEP (although, arguably, that's also there for MORSE/MathStat, depending on your A level grades, or if you want to snag that cash incentive).

ooh what cash incentive?
Reply 30

ooh what cash incentive?

If you do well in STEP/AEA you get a few ton. The quantities of which i'm not sure of.
Reply 31
Do they class Accounting as a soft subject? I'm doing 4 subjects, Maths,furthermaths,economics and accounting, will my offer not include accounting in it?

ooh what cash incentive?

This year, it was consisted of a one time award of £500 if you scored a 1 or higher on the STEP.
Reply 33
I applied for MMORSE today, I am bloody terrified but I sent it nice and early - also I meet the standard offer. Just a case of waiting, biting my nails and regaining consciousness.
Reply 34
Original post by DymentriX
I applied for MMORSE today, I am bloody terrified but I sent it nice and early - also I meet the standard offer. Just a case of waiting, biting my nails and regaining consciousness.

And guess what? I have applied to MMORSE around that time too and it took me 6 months to get an offer from them. So good luck, and be patient!
Reply 35
Original post by jj193
If you do well in STEP/AEA you get a few ton. The quantities of which i'm not sure of.

This year, it was consisted of a one time award of £500 if you scored a 1 or higher on the STEP.

What if you acheived a 1 in STEP I in yr 12 (so you "probably" do not have to sit it again)?:colone:

Probably will stick to Warwick maths; hopefully won't need to do step again.
Reply 36
Original post by chanc04
And guess what? I have applied to MMORSE around that time too and it took me 6 months to get an offer from them. So good luck, and be patient!

Oh dear god, but WHY?
Oh dear god, but WHY?

On the flip side of things, there's a number of people who got a MORSE offer in November and December. I got my MathStat offer around then.
Reply 38
Oh dear god, but WHY?

People who got their interviews at November and December for MORSE all got offers from Oxbridge, and I guess I'm one of the maybe pile...

Three people that I met during the interview aren't coming to Warwick with me, so I dunno... Good luck to you anyway!
Reply 39
"Thank you for your application to study at The University of Warwick.

The University of Warwick is committed to fair admissions and will give full and equal consideration to all applications received by the UCAS deadline of 15 January 2012. Warwick's courses are extremely competitive and some decisions will not be finalised until all applications have been received and considered, so you should not be concerned if you do not receive a decision within a short time of applying."

There's the comformation of what you said to me :L. Hmm, not feeling too good about my chances now :L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending