The Student Room Group

What are the Easiest and least respected A levels?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Because they end in ology.

Law doesn't end in ology :lolwut:
Original post by Playa10
More or less listed everything but for sciences and maths

Nope, I didn't mention anything traditional. Most people don't do those subjects I mentioned anyway, apart from a fourth subject.

English Literature, History, languages....
mfw there is an A level in Leisure Studies...
Original post by ChampEon
They would be respected at degree level (obviously) but the best univeristies actually blacklist them at A-level because they're not considered to involve much analysis or independent thinking. A-level Law, for example, seems to mainly consist of memorising case after case from what I've heard from friends. A potential lawyer would be expected to study something like A-level History because it is considered a more 'solid' subject.

Having taken A-level Law and now reading Law at university, they are both pretty much just memorising cases and statutes, applying them to given facts, and analysing their development .
Reply 24

Biology ends in ology :erm:
Original post by Lintu93
Biology ends in ology :erm:

Biology is also a girls science.
Reply 26

Biology is a hard and respected a-level.....
Easiest would be subjective depends on the individual certain people find certain subjects easier. A person good at engineering might not be at history.

Respected I would think the ones which have some form of skills which would look good on the CV.
Waiting for someone to say Psychology for all hell to break loose.
Reply 29
Biology is also a girls science.

so Everyone in the field of medicine and biomedical science are girls....?
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
Having taken A-level Law and now reading Law at university, they are both pretty much just memorising cases and statutes, applying them to given facts, and analysing their development .

Well you are the aspiring law student so I'll take your word for it. :smile:
No A-Level is easy! You just got to pick the ones your intrested in and motivate yourself to work hard
Edit: Not even worth the trouble of posting really, I'll just keep my mouth shut.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ChampEon
They would be respected at degree level (obviously) but the best univeristies actually blacklist them at A-level because they're not considered to involve much analysis or independent thinking. A-level Law, for example, seems to mainly consist of memorising case after case from what I've heard from friends. A potential lawyer would be expected to study something like A-level History because it is considered a more 'solid' subject.

Im not disagreeing with you regarding the blacklist but i think its really subjective. I do law, maths geography and german and i find law by far the most challenging :confused:
I'm sorry but this is just arrogance. If you were really curious you could have just googled it.
Home economics....
EDIT:What's with the negs? if you want to go into cooking as a chef it's probably better to do an NVQ or become a sous chef or something rather than doing an A-level in the subject.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by llessur123
I'd say the least respected are:

Dance, Applied Buisness, Law, Anthropology, Archaeology, Citizenship, Communication and Culture, General Studies, Health and Social Care, Leisure Studies, Travel and Tourism, ICT, Media, PE.

Probably a few more too, but that's the ones my college offer from the top of my head. Its hard to say what subject is easy because personally, I'd fail Dance miserably yet I'm quite good at Chemistry. Easiness is subjective. I'm going to get negged because there's going to be people who study these subjects, but they aren't very respected and that's hard to disagree with. Basically anything on the blacklists, Oxbridge isn't everything but its a decent guide.

I understand about the subjectiveness, but A level dance is actually not respected, cause it's totally useless if you want a career in dance :/
Reply 37
English Literature is not respected at A-levels!?

Blasphemy! Thou hath cleft my heart in twain :frown:
Reply 38
hhmmnnn.... sociology!
Original post by lukas1051
It's a silly question - people are just going to post subjects they don't do, which means they can't really give an opinion on it anyway. All threads like this do is allow elitist, naive students to go wild listing off every subject they don't have a clue about :rolleyes:

I'm not elitist in the slightest, but if I compare my physics work to my friend's travel and tourism work, it doesn't even come close...

Quick Reply

Latest