The Student Room Group

Anybody else really worried about their Highers?

I'm in 6th year and school is coming to an end but unfortunatley there is no time to sit and reminisce over the past 6 years I have to revise to meet my conditional :eek:

So to all you fifth and sixth years currently stressing about your dreaded exams

1.What subjects are you sitting?
2.What grades do you want?
3.What grades do you think you'll get?
4. (Uni applicants) what are your conditions?

So applied to me;
1.Higher Biology, Higher Modern Studies and Higher Philosophy
2.ABB
3. Probably something like BCC maybe BBC
4. BB (achieved AAAC in my 5th year)

Good luck to you all :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RoryRorrzShikari
I'm in 6th year and school is coming to an end but unfortunatley there is no time to sit and reminisce over the past 6 years I have to revise to meet my conditional :eek:

So to all you fifth and sixth years currently stressing about your dreaded exams

1.What subjects are you sitting?
2.What grades do you want?
3.What grades do you think you'll get?
4. (Uni applicants) what are your conditions?

So applied to me;
1.Higher Biology, Higher Modern Studies and Higher Philosophy
2.ABB
3. Probably something like BCC maybe BBC
4. BB (achieved AAAC in my 5th year)

Good luck to you all :biggrin:

Good luck to you tooo :-)
1. I'm in fifth year and I'm doing higher maths, english, history, physics and art (lol worst choice ever...)
2. AAABB
3. AAABC
Reply 2
Best of luck, if you work hard and put your best effort in you can do no more, it will work out!

I'm in 5th year

1.I'm doing Higher English, Maths, French, Spanish, Business
2. AAAAC
3. AAAAC-ABBBD I'm really not sure
4. N/A
Reply 3
Firstly, good luck to you!

And secondly, I am also in 5th year so therefore I've not got to the Uni stage yet (although I want to go to Edinburgh Uni).

1. I was originally sitting Higher Art and then dropped it for Higher Human Bio thinking it would make me look academically better, and then dropped that after literally failing everything in the class. So now I am only sitting Higher English, History, Modern Studies and Int 2 Spanish (Higher didn't fit into my timetable :emo:)

2. I hope AAAA seeing as I'm now down to 3 Highers.

3. Spanish will without a doubt be an A (90% in the prelim), whilst I think I'll probably end up with a B for English, although I am determined to get A's in History and Modern Studies! But that ooks like it won't be happening any time soon since I've not started proper revision yet... :rolleyes:
Original post by Nfergs
Firstly, good luck to you!

And secondly, I am also in 5th year so therefore I've not got to the Uni stage yet (although I want to go to Edinburgh Uni).

1. I was originally sitting Higher Art and then dropped it for Higher Human Bio thinking it would make me look academically better, and then dropped that after literally failing everything in the class. So now I am only sitting Higher English, History, Modern Studies and Int 2 Spanish (Higher didn't fit into my timetable :emo:)

2. I hope AAAA seeing as I'm now down to 3 Highers.

3. Spanish will without a doubt be an A (90% in the prelim), whilst I think I'll probably end up with a B for English, although I am determined to get A's in History and Modern Studies! But that ooks like it won't be happening any time soon since I've not started proper revision yet... :rolleyes:

Yup same thing happened to me in my 5th year. I took Higher Geography, Higher History, Higher French, Higher English and stupidly picked Higher Biology for the same reason as you. Totally failed it haha. I think I got something like 26% at the prelim. But anyways good luck :smile:
Original post by hollieeilloh
Good luck to you tooo :-)
1. I'm in fifth year and I'm doing higher maths, english, history, physics and art (lol worst choice ever...)
2. AAABB
3. AAABC

Good luck too :biggrin: I'm sure you'll do fine :smile:
Reply 6
1.5th year, H Physics (Revised), Chemistry, English, Maths, French
2. AAAAA
3. AAABD - English is awful :frown:

Edit: did a maths paper and bombed it, reminded me how awful I truly am </3
(edited 11 years ago)
Good luck too :biggrin: I'm sure you'll do fine :smile:

Thank youuuu :smile: ps, if your name is a reference to Enter Shikari then highfive!
Original post by hollieeilloh
Thank youuuu :smile: ps, if your name is a reference to Enter Shikari then highfive!

Haha it is :tongue: Although my name actually is Rory, I'm not just copying Rory Clewlow haha.
Original post by rawragee
1.5th year, H Physics (Revised), Chemistry, English, Maths, French
2. AAAAA
3. AAABD - English is awful :frown:

Edit: did a maths paper and bombed it, reminded me how awful I truly am </3

Agree with you on English. I did so much revision for that one and ended up with a C :/ I'm sure you'll do fine, good luck! :biggrin:
I probably should be panicking, but I'm not. :tongue:

[INDENT]

Media Studies (Higher) & Philosophy (Int 2).

AB.

Media either A or B. Philosophy will depend on the questions.

[/INDENT]

I'm not in 5th/6th year (actually, I dropped out of 6th year a month into it). I can't believe I'm sitting only two exams this year and the SQA decided to put one of them (media studies) on my 20th birthday! :mad: At least they were nice enough to make it an afternoon exam so I can have a lie in...
Mwhahaha! Good luck you guys all sitting Highers :tongue:! I remember that was me 2/3 years ago :eek:! Very stressful time especially when you have conditional offers!
Original post by sinfonietta
I probably should be panicking, but I'm not. :tongue:

[INDENT]

Media Studies (Higher) & Philosophy (Int 2).

AB.

Media either A or B. Philosophy will depend on the questions.

[/INDENT]

I'm not in 5th/6th year (actually, I dropped out of 6th year a month into it). I can't believe I'm sitting only two exams this year and the SQA decided to put one of them (media studies) on my 20th birthday! :mad: At least they were nice enough to make it an afternoon exam so I can have a lie in...

I'm doing Philosophy this year and I really don't get it D: Majorly stressing out for the exam, especially the Descartes unit
Reply 13
Fifth year:
1. Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry, Geography
2. AAAAA (ahaha)
3. AAABB

Really not looking forward to the next few weeks...
Reply 14
Agree with you on English. I did so much revision for that one and ended up with a C :/ I'm sure you'll do fine, good luck! :biggrin:

I revised so hard for my prelim and ended up with a C as well :/ I did decent on my essays (well, really good for me) and got 15 and 17, but then I majorly bombed my close reading :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by TopQuark
Fifth year:
1. Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry, Geography
2. AAAAA (ahaha)
3. AAABB

Really not looking forward to the next few weeks...

woo 4/5 the same :smile: are you doing the old higher physics course or the new one?
love your name btw! :rolleyes:
I'm doing Philosophy this year and I really don't get it D: Majorly stressing out for the exam, especially the Descartes unit

Haha, I don't get it either. I dropped down from the Higher in March after failing the metaphysics NAB by 2 marks (and missing the resit - thanks ScotRail! :mad:) but it was a wonder I passed anything up until that point anyway. The only things I really get are critical thinking and moral philosophy. :P I'm doing the Hume unit instead of Descartes.
Original post by sinfonietta
Haha, I don't get it either. I dropped down from the Higher in March after failing the metaphysics NAB by 2 marks (and missing the resit - thanks ScotRail! :mad:) but it was a wonder I passed anything up until that point anyway. The only things I really get are critical thinking and moral philosophy. :P I'm doing the Hume unit instead of Descartes.

Yeah critical thinking isn't too bad. I messed up metaphysics at the prelim really badly but luckily the nab questions suited me and I got 13/20. I've got a twin brother who did it last year and got an A, but when I ask for help he's misteriously 'forgotten' it all :tongue:
Original post by rawragee
I revised so hard for my prelim and ended up with a C as well :/ I did decent on my essays (well, really good for me) and got 15 and 17, but then I majorly bombed my close reading :frown:

I got a B at my prelim but thats only because we got hints on what to revise. I left the exam thinking that I failed it but luckily I did just scrape a pass :tongue: I'm sure you'll do fine, just don't panic when you look at the close reading. Thats what I did and I couldn't think straight for that whole paper.
Reply 19
Fifth year:
1. Maths, English, Physics, RMPS, French
2. AAAAB
3. AABAB

Quick Reply

Latest