The Student Room Group

The Cider Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by rmhumphries

*stern look* I hope you have drunk between 2 pints and 2 gallons!

Pints of gin and whisky? Or wine or champagne for that matter?

You have some strange ideas :tongue:
Reply 161
Original post by laut_biru
Do you often drink more than a gallon? Your poor liver.. *hugs and comforts superwolf's liver*

My liver loves me, thankyouverymuch. I'm the only thing stopping it from being strangled by my kidneys.
Pints of gin and whisky? Or wine or champagne for that matter?

You have some strange ideas :tongue:

Can be done *nods*

However, conversion factor is 1 pint of cider = 2.5 shots of gin or whisky or 1 pint of cider = 175ml glass of wine or champagne. Then you need to double those to keep up. Are you doing so? xP
Reply 163
Original post by superwolf
My liver loves me, thankyouverymuch. I'm the only thing stopping it from being strangled by my kidneys.

Lol, if you say so.

Can be done *nods*

However, conversion factor is 1 pint of cider = 2.5 shots of gin or whisky or 1 pint of cider = 175ml glass of wine or champagne. Then you need to double those to keep up. Are you doing so? xP

Is, however, not going to be done by me tonight :tongue:

Right now I have a port glass full of 30% strength gin, will that do?
Mmmm...a pint of Woodpecker...lovely! :smile:
Reply 165
Can be done *nods*

I think you're failing to take into account the strength of superwolf cider.
I think you're failing to take into account the strength of superwolf cider.

You are right, my bad - times all the numbers I gave on the non cider side by 1.8.

Lol, if you say so.

Is, however, not going to be done by me tonight :tongue:

Right now I have a port glass full of 30% strength gin, will that do?

:O But you agreed! You can't let me down :frown:

Hmm, how big is a port glass?
Reply 167

:O But you agreed! You can't let me down :frown:

Hmm, how big is a port glass?

I am not going to pour out a pint of gin! It's not strictly speaking my alcohol.. >.>

Uh, bigger than a shot glass but smaller than a whisky tumbler.
I am not going to pour out a pint of gin! It's not strictly speaking my alcohol.. >.>

Uh, bigger than a shot glass but smaller than a whisky tumbler.

I post the conversion factors though xD

Hmm, I think you need to drink more *nods*
Reply 169
I take it that if I do go camping with you lot, that we'll all be doing our level best to avoid the horrible state of knurd and remaining in the lovely state that is being drunk as all hell?

Fair enough

/obscure discworld references :tongue:
Reply 170
I take it that if I do go camping with you lot, that we'll all be doing our level best to avoid the horrible state of knurd and remaining in the lovely state that is being drunk as all hell?

Fair enough

I am failing at the moment to recollect this reference, but in the morning I'm sure I'll be overcome with hilarity (I really love the discworld :colondollar:).

Fair enough

Naturally so. If anything, I think we should bring some Scumble to ensure we defend well against Knurdness!
I am failing at the moment to recollect this reference, but in the morning I'm sure I'll be overcome with hilarity (I really love the discworld :colondollar:).

Let me help you, Vimes is in a natural states of about +2 knurdness all the time.
Reply 173

Actually, this doesn't surprise me. If ever you did come close to understanding knurdness, it was a long long time ago, and you ran straight to the nearest alcohol and vowed never to go back :tongue:
Reply 174
Let me help you, Vimes is in a natural states of about +2 knurdness all the time.

*frantically tries to recollect, scrabbling at all remnants of coolness* Nope, sorry.

Edit: this is ringing a vague bell now, but I have a feeling I'd have to sober up to recollect, and that I do not wish to do.
(edited 12 years ago)
*frantically tries to recollect, scrabbling at all remnants of coolness* Nope, sorry.

Edit: this is ringing a vague bell now, but I have a feeling I'd have to sober up to recollect, and that I do not wish to do.

Let us know if you remember tomorrow xD
Reply 176
Let us know if you remember tomorrow xD

Aww come on, it's pretty obvious that I'll remember **** all tomorrow. :tongue:
Reply 177
Aww come on, it's pretty obvious that I'll remember **** all tomorrow. :tongue:

http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Knurd

there you go dear.
Reply 178

Do you really think that at this stage being able to read is such an easy process? I will read this mañana, when no doubt much will make sense.
Reply 179
Do you really think that at this stage being able to read is such an easy process? I will read this mañana, when no doubt much will make sense.

How are you coping with an online forum then?

A quick question, liqueur or brandy, which will mix better with coke?

Quick Reply

Latest