The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Zweihander
I dont know why everyone keeps on saying I retook my A levels because I didnt. End of story.

Mate I heard you retook your key stage 2 SATS too.
:tongue:
Reply 81
Why not create an official "Off-cycle" 2012 TSR thread ?
Reply 82
good place for us to keep track..! it'd be great if we can all share whatever opportunities we come across to those who're keen!
I was wondering if anyone knew which of the spring weeks would accept someone in the first year of a four year degree.
Reply 84
Original post by Zweihander
I dont know why everyone keeps on saying I retook my A levels because I didnt. End of story.

Did you retake anything at all? I remember someone saying you wouldn't cut it in the industry and that he gave evidence which quoted you doing so.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=13883396

Evidence above...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by ebam_uk
Did you retake anything at all? I remember someone saying you wouldn't cut it in the industry and that he gave evidence which quoted you doing so.

Evidence above...

You're allowed to resit individual modules within the 2 years and you're not a resit student. If you take more than 2 years to complete the A level then you are classed as a resit student. In that thread zwei has no intention of sitting a whole A level again, just the modules in his A2 year, hence he wouldn't be classed as a resit student.

In short, stop bashing zwei, he's a decent guy and is here to increase his employability like everyone else. He also posts useful information for those less knowledgeable than himself; so just forget any rumours about him please.
Original post by orca92
You're allowed to resit individual modules within the 2 years and you're not a resit student. If you take more than 2 years to complete the A level then you are classed as a resit student. In that thread zwei has no intention of sitting a whole A level again, just the modules in his A2 year, hence he wouldn't be classed as a resit student.

In short, stop bashing zwei, he's a decent guy and is here to increase his employability like everyone else. He also posts useful information for those less knowledgeable than himself; so just forget any rumours about him please.

Agreed, who gives a **** if you retake a module or two? I certainly wasn't completely focussed at that age and am doing just fine now.

Live your life and let others live theirs.
Reply 87
anyone know the dates (ish) for the spring weeks? planning my easter holidays :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by mimista
anyone know the dates (ish) for the spring weeks? planning my easter holidays :smile:

They're all over the place from the end of march until the start of may. Until you know which you've been accepted/rejected from, you can't really book holidays etc; and some don't tell you until like the week before you start there ie: citi, bank of america, and rbs take ages.
Reply 89
Original post by ebam_uk

Evidence above...

lol does it matter..? ^o) doesnt matter if he got CCC at a level and retook them 10 times- hes at warwick, and did spring weeks and thats all that matters.
Reply 90
So studying my third (final) year at uni disqualifies me for getting the spring weeks. Correct?
Original post by edie
So studying my third (final) year at uni disqualifies me for getting the spring weeks. Correct?

Why are you disqualifying yourself? Just apply and you may get lucky. I know a person who applied in final year - for SW then Summer Internship and ended up with Full time offer (but with Gap year). So everything is possible. Just do NOT accept the norms. Good luck :wink:
Reply 92
Original post by edie

Why wouldn't you apply for a graduate position; or an intern position (if you think you're application is too weak for graduate) if you're final year?
Reply 93
Original post by orca92
Why wouldn't you apply for a graduate position; or an intern position (if you think you're application is too weak for graduate) if you're final year?

Usually grad roles go 1st, then intern positions and spring week positions are kind of the last in the recruitment cycle.
Reply 94
Original post by ebam_uk
Usually grad roles go 1st, then intern positions and spring week positions are kind of the last in the recruitment cycle.

So? What relevance does that have to my question? I'm asking him, if he's a final year student, why isn't he applying for regular penultimate year internships with the view to take a gap year and starting a full time role after the year out (a path that is regularly taken by interns). When you consider how many more firms offer these internships, then they're probably less competitive than spring weeks. Just doesn't make sense to me; unless he plans on applying to a mixture of spring and summer internships which may be better.
What if you're not sure if you're doing a Masters or Bachelors because I applied for a Masters as it's easier to drop down to a BSc. Can I apply for spring weeks this year in Oct or are you automatically stopped from doing so if you put that you're doing a MSci?
Original post by woods.vanessa
What if you're not sure if you're doing a Masters or Bachelors because I applied for a Masters as it's easier to drop down to a BSc. Can I apply for spring weeks this year in Oct or are you automatically stopped from doing so if you put that you're doing a MSci?

Frankly I do not think it matters for SW. But they will definitely clarify with you before offering summer internship.
Reply 97

I'd switch to BSc before you apply so that you officially graduate in 2014, then choose whether you want the masters at the end of first year when you have a better idea of where you stand in terms of summer offers etc. This is what i did anyway; and the masters in my course is pretty useless for IB, so i'm just sticking to the BSc.
Original post by Dumb Economist
Frankly I do not think it matters for SW. But they will definitely clarify with you before offering summer internship.

I'm hoping the SW will help me decide whether IB is for me or not.
I'm hoping the SW will help me decide whether IB is for me or not.

Banking Industry has a huge spectrum of jobs. So it will be hard not to find one that meet your liking. :smile:

Latest