The Student Room Group

Imperial Postgraduate Applications 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Ghost6
It may have become more competitive, but given that they ask for £27,000, which is an absurd amount not matter how good the program is, they must be giving out tons of offers, because most people who can make it into this program can also make it into Oxford/Cambridge/LSE/UCL or other Imperial departments that ask for a third of this amount. It may not be "risk management" but the brand names of the schools overshadow the specific program anyway as long as its not "TV studies".

The person I know that got in was studying Economics and she had the UK equivalent of a low 2.1 and a couple of cookie-cutter internships.

I gotta agree there. They fee's that Imperial Business School want are absurd. Only the rich and people who have worked for some years and saved up can afford that. I think it's more tailored towards professionals, which is a shame.

I applied 15 days ago, my status is 'application is being processed' so it doesn't look like it's reached the department yet..
Reply 61
Original post by Akkuz
I gotta agree there. They fee's that Imperial Business School want are absurd. Only the rich and people who have worked for some years and saved up can afford that. I think it's more tailored towards professionals, which is a shame.

I applied 15 days ago, my status is 'application is being processed' so it doesn't look like it's reached the department yet..

If you click into "My Application", you should see that your current status is "Application currently under consideration by the Department."?
Reply 62
Original post by vinc10
If you click into "My Application", you should see that your current status is "Application currently under consideration by the Department."?

Yeah I checked. It still says it's being processed. No idea how long Imperial take with applications. Don't think they give a time-frame..I'd assume around 6-8 weeks, perhaps more.

Course I've applied for is slightly odd.

It's a joint programme with Imperial and UCL (Centre for Transport Studies). It subsists within the Civil Engineering Department. :s-smilie: Having both Uni's on my CV would be rather juicy. :sexface:
Reply 63
Original post by Akkuz
Yeah I checked. It still says it's being processed. No idea how long Imperial take with applications. Don't think they give a time-frame..I'd assume around 6-8 weeks, perhaps more.

Course I've applied for is slightly odd.

It's a joint programme with Imperial and UCL (Centre for Transport Studies). It subsists within the Civil Engineering Department. :s-smilie: Having both Uni's on my CV would be rather juicy. :sexface:

That sounds cool - but I guess it'll take even more time to process in comparison to other courses then.

Although mine said under consideration by the department, I guess it's still a long way until I hear anything...
Original post by firstladynaija
Yeah, the personal statement took me ages too.

The thing is, there is a similarity between the two courses(both offered by the maths department and share core some modules). Personally, I would say that would be fine. But then again, I could be wrong. You could ask someone at the department what the procedure is for applying for 2 courses at the same time. :smile:

Yes you are definitely right, anyway next Thursday I will go to the open day and will ask in person.

So you have sent off your application right?
Reply 65
I applied for MSc General Structural Engineering and MSc Structural Steel Design and Sustainable Development. Anyone else applied for that?
Reply 66
I got an email saying that I'm being considered for some sorta scholarship.

I think everybody gets considered for it.
Is anyone applying for PhD studies ?
Reply 68
Original post by Akkuz

Yeah same here - I think everyone got it lol
Original post by Akkuz

At least "All applicants for any full time Master's course" as it is stated on the postgrad scholarship website.

Has anyone of you received his/her academic decision for a Master's yet?
I got answers from St Andrews and Edinburgh so quickly and now it is taking ages for the others to come :bebored:
Reply 70
Original post by PollyAbroad
At least "All applicants for any full time Master's course" as it is stated on the postgrad scholarship website.

Has anyone of you received his/her academic decision for a Master's yet?
I got answers from St Andrews and Edinburgh so quickly and now it is taking ages for the others to come :bebored:

I haven't heard a peep. Still says mine is being "processed".

I got a feeling Imperial might take a while..
Reply 71
Original post by federvo.mala
Hi there, i have put Applied Maths as a second choice.
The first one is MSc in Computational methods for aeronautics.
No I haven't sent the application yet, still working on the personal statement.

Hey, I have a question: on my statement I am going talk about mostly about my first choice. Actually I was thinking only to give a paragraph, anyway...do you think its gonna look bad, such as they my think that im not really focused on the subject, etc?

Applying for Computational Aeronautics as well :smile:
Original post by turgon
Applying for Computational Aeronautics as well :smile:

Cool! What's your background?
Reply 73
Original post by federvo.mala
Cool! What's your background?

BSc Maths at Warwick University (predicted 2.1). By the time I graduate, I should have done some fluid dynamcis and control theory, but have no programming knowledge whatsoever. I'm looking to find employment in the aerospace industry afterwards. How about yourself? :smile:
Reply 74
Just found this thread!

I have nearly completed the my application and now get a problem: In the register referee sector one of my referee's status is 'registration unconfirmed' while another one is 'registration confirmed'... why is that? Does the referee actually need to do the registration by himself or he just need to fill in the online forms?

Also can I submit the application first and wait for both of the referee to provide reference for me... is it a good idea to do that? as Xmas is coming soon... I don want to submit my application just before the Xmas...
Reply 75
Original post by KAIIK
Just found this thread!

Also can I submit the application first and wait for both of the referee to provide reference for me... is it a good idea to do that? as Xmas is coming soon... I don want to submit my application just before the Xmas...

Apply now or later doesn't make a difference. They won't review your application until they receive and check that you have 2 valid academic references.
Reply 76
Original post by vinc10
Apply now or later doesn't make a difference. They won't review your application until they receive and check that you have 2 valid academic references.

lol Thanks for the reply! So I need to wait for the confirmation saying that all my reference letters have been received? By the way, is now a good time to apply? it is close to Christmas...
Reply 77
Original post by flss
I applied for MSc General Structural Engineering and MSc Structural Steel Design and Sustainable Development. Anyone else applied for that?

Hi, I intend to apply for MSc General Structural Engineering and MSc Concrete Structures.

I fear I've left this a little late, I've only just started thinking about it. Being swamped with work has made me completely forget about postgraduate applications!

Reckon it would be alright to apply in January?

What are your academic credentials?
Reply 78
Hi, I intend to apply for MSc General Structural Engineering and MSc Concrete Structures.

I fear I've left this a little late, I've only just started thinking about it. Being swamped with work has made me completely forget about postgraduate applications!

Reckon it would be alright to apply in January?

What are your academic credentials?

Yeah, I suppose it should be fine. However, I went to Imperial in March and spoke with a woman from civil engineering, she told me that the earlier you apply the better your chances are (first-come, first-serve)..

Im on track for a first class at University of Edinburgh. What about yourself?
Reply 79
I got an interview invitation today...... it's scheduled next Monday.......I'm trying to get it changed to the following week.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending