The Student Room Group

SEO London IB Summer Internships 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
For those who have yet to hear back from SEO, have you received the following email:

Dear XXX,
I hope you are well.* Thank you for submitting an application and your patience in awaiting an outcome from SEO London.*
I am writing to let you know that we are currently screening your application and will be in touch within the next 3-4 weeks. We will endeavour to come back with an update before Christmas, but if you do not hear from us before, then you will certainly hear from us after Christmas.
We would appreciate it if you would refrain from calling the SEO office for an update to you application. It is an extremely busy time for us and we will be in touch as soon as we possibly can.
Kind regards,
The SEO London Investment Banking Team
Has anyone gone to the meet & greet and had interview afterwards?

Or better yet, has anyone gone to the meet & greet, had interviews afterwards and received an offer from a bank?
Reply 462
Hello.

I've been through the whole process and have an offer for technology.

Pm any questions you have.
Original post by Indique
Hello.

I've been through the whole process and have an offer for technology.

Pm any questions you have.

when did you get recommended to the banks and how did they contact you?
Reply 464
Varied.

To be honest, most places just ask you to fill in their own stuff (all the stages) in an email. I think I was contacted within 2 weeks by most major places.

I was recommended by SEO straight after I got into SEO.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Indique
Varied.

To be honest, most places just ask you to fill in their own stuff (all the stages) in an email. I think I was contacted within 2 weeks by most major places.

I was recommended by SEO straight after I got into SEO.

I was recommended straight away as well - Trading. Havnt heard back though - I think my grades are letting me down here i.e. I dont have straight As at a level
Reply 466
Original post by Zweihander
Has anyone gone to the meet & greet and had interview afterwards?

Or better yet, has anyone gone to the meet & greet, had interviews afterwards and received an offer from a bank?

Flo,

Yeah got to meet and greet and an interview with GS and potentially JPM
Reply 467
I applied for Professional Services around 7 weeks ago and no reply :frown:
Got an email saying they would respond later. Places are getting filled up so later isnt really good!
Reply 468
Original post by Mozzy0712
Flo,

Yeah got to meet and greet and an interview with GS and potentially JPM

What division?
Original post by cookie1234
I just found out I have a telephone interview for IB operations - does anyone know what I should expect?

it said in the email it will be informal and on competencies, a run through my cv and the division i have applied for

it would be great to hear someones experience of the 10-15 min interview? thanks

i too have received an email forto arrange an telephone interview but mine said '' to talk about your interests in your chosen business area and yourselves. You should therefore be prepared to ask good questions and do as much research into your first choice division as possible. You should be reading business news on a regular basis (everyday) if you are not already, in order to help you form opinions and views on the market and the economy.''
doe this mean mine shall not be a Competency interview????? what shud i prepare for?! and also i have not been asked to any numerical or verlbal tests online!! i am very confused..please help :smile:
Reply 470
Hi everybody

I have been recommended by SEO for Risk to Investment Banks. I was recommended around November after a meet and greet in October. Since recommendation i have not heard anything. I was wondering if any people recommended for risk have heard anything from the banks? or anybody for that matter?

Thanks guys wishing you all lots of luck.
Yaknow,

Did you receive Krishna's email about filling in a form and consequently being recommended to the sponsor firm?
It is exactly same email that was ssent to me after my meet and greet and numerical test.

I don't know why they would send the same email again.

I would like to also know if there is any risk candidates who got interviews yet.

Cheers
Anybody had any news after their 'We will aim to get back to you around Christmas time' email?

I've not been invited for tests or a meet and greet. Safe to say, I've got no shot?
Reply 473
Original post by Impossible_Living
Anybody had any news after their 'We will aim to get back to you around Christmas time' email?

I've not been invited for tests or a meet and greet. Safe to say, I've got no shot?

yerr i'd advise u start applying directly.
Reply 474
Recommendation for ECM/DCM within IBD

Wondering if anyone else has had the same and how long it takes for the partner firms to respond?

Thanks
Original post by trex510
Recommendation for ECM/DCM within IBD

Wondering if anyone else has had the same and how long it takes for the partner firms to respond?

Thanks

Nice work.

Did you just get recommended? Did you do your numerical/meet&greet a while back?
Reply 476
Original post by Impossible_Living
Nice work.

Did you just get recommended? Did you do your numerical/meet&greet a while back?

Thanks, Yeah I did the meet and greet on the 23rd December and then the numerical and few days later.
Reply 477
Has anyone heard from partner firms in IBD?
Reply 478
Hi everybody

I have been recommended by SEO for Risk to Investment Banks. I was recommended around November after a meet and greet in October. Since recommendation i have not heard anything. What is the procedure after recommendation? Should banks/SEO get in touch with me regarding interviews?

Just wondering if anybody recommended for risk or elsewhere has heard anything yet? Im really tense because around late jan/early feb last year offers, rejections and interviews were given :s-smilie:. Is there any posibility we could get an internship without interview after SEO's recommendation? because a lot of people on this forum have not even had interviews yet.

Thanks guys wishing you all lots of luck.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending