The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing Schizophenia, Research Methods and Media... but there is a possibility we might be studying Anomalistic Psychology instead of Media! (which is stuff like paranormal, so sounds reeeeeally exciting :tongue: ) :biggrin: x
Original post by Heyimdec

Haha, I'll have to keep reminding you to check the thread every so often. :smile:
Yeah, those are a few of them. That's good that you've had a head start, I've done some of them in AS Geography and Biology too, so we should be absolutely fine. :smile:

Yeah you may have to! I've promised myself that I'm going to try and stay on top of all my work this term and revise as I go along, but I say that after every exam and it hasn't happened yet!
Reply 22
I'm thinking of doing media, depression. But i'm still confused with my third option.
Reply 23
Original post by should be revising
Yeah you may have to! I've promised myself that I'm going to try and stay on top of all my work this term and revise as I go along, but I say that after every exam and it hasn't happened yet!

A LOT of people are like that, maybe this term will be the first we knuckle down early. :tongue:
Reply 24
Original post by Hogwartz
I'm thinking of doing media, depression. But i'm still confused with my third option.

You only have to pick 2 topics, as the third (Research Methods) is compulsory.
Reply 25
You only have to pick 2 topics, as the third (Research Methods) is compulsory.

Oh cool. :biggrin:
Problem solved then, but lets just hope that the rest of my class also agrees to do this. :tongue:
What grade did you get last year?
A LOT of people are like that, maybe this term will be the first we knuckle down early. :tongue:

I'll try my best! :biggrin:
Original post by Hogwartz
You're doing shizophrenia, how do you find it? And which topics do you recommend?

We've not started it :smile: but someof my friends have and they seem to love it already :O start next week. And no idea, don't even know the topics you can do :O our teachers picked ages ago.
Original post by Abbycadabra

Original post by Abbycadabra
I'm doing Schizophenia, Research Methods and Media... but there is a possibility we might be studying Anomalistic Psychology instead of Media! (which is stuff like paranormal, so sounds reeeeeally exciting :tongue: ) :biggrin: x

I'm doing the same topics, and we also really wanted to do Anomalistic Psychology. But my teacher said that the whole point of the topic is to prove that there are no such things such as out of body experiences and stuff. Thought it was really cool at first too...
But yeah, i'm really looking forward to study Schizophrenia now :biggrin:
Reply 29
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
We've not started it :smile: but someof my friends have and they seem to love it already :O start next week. And no idea, don't even know the topics you can do :O our teachers picked ages ago.

My teachers just a bit slow to be honest. I just revise the contents on my own, i cannot rely on such people.
Reply 30
hey can someone tell me what are the easiest topics to do, my teacher is useless and i learn all the content on my own anyhow
Reply 31
are you sure the exam is on the 18th??
Reply 32
My school has this exam next friday, I would say that Addiction is the hardest out of the 3, while schizophrenia is the easiest, and research methods is not really psychology, it basically tests you on common sense.
Reply 33
We're doing phobias, media and research methods.
Sounds like fun. :s-smilie:
Love how early the thread is :tongue:
We're doing Depression, Addiction and (obviously) the Research Methods.
Was kind of hoping we'd get to do schizophrenia and addiction but oh well, started depression today and it's not too bad :smile: I've decided to actually keep up with everything and make revision notes as we go through stuff for this unit so I can pull up my presumably crap unit 3 grade! Haha wonder how long that'll last :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 35
iv not decided what im doing yet. I posted on Cara Flanagans blog to ask her whether they are releasing an updated version of the complete companion and il get back with her response as I heard it may be coming out in February.
Reply 36
Edit***

Shes replied already actually - She says the new complete companion will be out end of FEBRUARY so you guys may want to hold out for that?

Hello everyone,

Thought I should make this thread nice and early for the exam which is on Monday 18th June 2012 at 9:00am.

The PSYA3 thread was a great success especially for post-exam discussion, and I would like to follow on from that with this for the final Psychology exam!

Thanks to Mephestic for creating the PSYA3 thread. :smile:

Which topics are you guys doing if you already know?

I'm doing: Addictive Behaviour, Depression and Research Methods.

You may discuss.

Good luck! :dance:

Depression is AMAZING, Addiction not so much, and reaserch methods its obvs a massive ball ache!

I'm in year 13, but my teachers reversed the order of the exams, because unit 4s harder, so by doing it first we have the opportunity to resit (he obviously has a lot of faith in us!)

P.S, reaserch methods is SOO much harder than at AS, CRAZY.
Hey I'm doing depression, anomalistic psychology and research methods :smile:

anomalistic looks quite fun actually my teacher said we'll be watching a lot of derren brown.. yay video lessons! haha :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by Mr.mAddd
hey can someone tell me what are the easiest topics to do, my teacher is useless and i learn all the content on my own anyhow

Same, i'm thinking depressions may be good as it has less content and will be interesting to learn. Another is media, which i will be personally interested in, seeing how it influences peoples opinions about certain topics. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest