The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Im doing schizophrenia, research methods and addictive behaviour :smile:
Reply 41
Depression (:ahee:), Addiction (:sigh:) and Research methods (:unsure:) here! :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Hogwartz
Oh cool. :biggrin:
Problem solved then, but lets just hope that the rest of my class also agrees to do this. :tongue:
What grade did you get last year?

I got an A, how about you? :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by Mr.mAddd
are you sure the exam is on the 18th??

Yes, you can look here if you don't believe me: http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/t_table_pdf/AQA-TT-GCE-JUN12.PDF
Reply 44
Original post by sarahlabrosse
Depression is AMAZING, Addiction not so much, and reaserch methods its obvs a massive ball ache!

I'm in year 13, but my teachers reversed the order of the exams, because unit 4s harder, so by doing it first we have the opportunity to resit (he obviously has a lot of faith in us!)

P.S, reaserch methods is SOO much harder than at AS, CRAZY.

Thankyou for the information. :smile: I hope the research methods is ok. :s-smilie:
Reply 45
Depression, schizophrenia and research methods..

Really cba with this considering how bad psya3 went..
Reply 46
Hey i'm doing Schizophrenia,media psychology and research methods :biggrin:
My teachers just a bit slow to be honest. I just revise the contents on my own, i cannot rely on such people.

Ah, right I see. Ours are amazing :biggrin:
Reply 48
We all are making the choice as a class, we still haven't made the decision yet, we are very behind indeed. :yep:
I think depression is something i would be interested in, research methods is such a bore :dry:

After further research, it seems the PSYA4 exam is split into 3 sections. Section A, you have to choose one topic from: Schizophrenia, Depression, Phobias or OCD. Section B, you have to choose one topic from: Media, Addiction, Anomalistic. Section C, is compulsory research methods.

This limits the combinations of topics you are allowed to study, good luck choosing. :tongue:
Original post by should be revising
Same! We're also designing and carrying out our own experiment as a sort of side project to help us with Research Methods.

got very confused when I saw your post and thought I had already written something...
Reply 50
Original post by EffKayy

Original post by EffKayy
Depression, schizophrenia and research methods..

Really cba with this considering how bad psya3 went..

This is what I wish I was doing :frown: Instead of Schiz I have to do addiction which sucks :sad:
Reply 51
Original post by should_be_revising

got very confused when I saw your post and thought I had already written something...

I knew there was two of you! Had to be...something odd was going on and didn't seem quite right :tongue:
Reply 52
Original post by Raeile
We're doing phobias, media and research methods.
Sounds like fun. :s-smilie:

.. sounds so hard doesn't it, this is the three I am doing, seems not that popular whereas depression seems popp! :L

I got confused when my homepage said I'd quoted myself!
Reply 54
Original post by ViceVersa
This is what I wish I was doing :frown: Instead of Schiz I have to do addiction which sucks :sad:

Just checked my school website and we're doing schizophrenia and addiction. Hate life.
Reply 55
Original post by EffKayy

Original post by EffKayy
Just checked my school website and we're doing schizophrenia and addiction. Hate life.

Addiction does not sound at all fun :sigh:
Reply 56
Original post by scared!
.. sounds so hard doesn't it, this is the three I am doing, seems not that popular whereas depression seems popp! :L
I wish we were doing depression. :L Our teacher said we're doing phobias because we've already learnt the basics for it... :s-smilie:

I'm not worried about research methods.
I enjoy statistics in Maths, it's my favourite module.
After flicking through the textbook I've seen a lot of stats. :biggrin:
Reply 57
Original post by Raeile
I wish we were doing depression. :L Our teacher said we're doing phobias because we've already learnt the basics for it... :s-smilie:

I'm not worried about research methods.
I enjoy statistics in Maths, it's my favourite module.
After flicking through the textbook I've seen a lot of stats. :biggrin:

Yep, ours said the same and that we touched phobias quite a bit in AS and how the others link in with last years topics like SLT and aggression. Always reasons with these peeoople ! hehe, at least we can revise together when it actually comes to it!

Yeah surprisingly, i quite like research methods i take Geography too so we do Chi squared and all that jazz there!:smile: just need refreshing :smile:
Wish I was doing anomalistic , im doing schizophrenia and addiction then research methods -.- losing motivation because of how poor psya3 went lol.
Reply 59
Original post by laurentommo
Wish I was doing anomalistic , im doing schizophrenia and addiction then research methods -.- losing motivation because of how poor psya3 went lol.

haha tell me about it.. totally failed it! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest