The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CharlieBoardman
Mine is 100% coursework -.-

That can't be a GCSE. I did GCSE ICT in Year 8 and 9 and we did 60% coursework and 40% exam.
Original post by TheDizzeeKid
:lol: Fergie, fergie, what's the score? Wigan 1-Man U 0

Arsenal ftw! :arsenal:

Dear Lord.

Liverpool FTW

You'll never walk alone!
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Well to do any sort of Engineering I will definitely need to take Maths and Physics. The third one will probably be Geography as it's the modt respected and needed for Civil. You?

Well yes obviously, you'd need them without a doubt. That seems a good choice, as you seem fairly confident that you can get a good grade in Geography too :smile:

Well, I will be taking Maths, Further Maths and Physics to A2. I will also be doing an EPQ on an area of Maths or Physics that is not taught in college :smile:
Original post by GreenLantern1
What an idiot! And law A-Level disadvantages your application to study Law at a top uni as well. Lecturers say those they have taught which did Law A-Level, they have had to teach them everything properly and some stuff they learnt was completely wrong!

Now that is what I call a par. Bit harsh though....Why does everyone pick on this lil dude? Sure he's a show off but he's only tryna help!
Hmmm....I wouldn't advise it tbh, but if you've excelled at Art at GCSE then it should be quite an easy option for you to take.

What career path are you considering?

If you want to do Art shouldn't you do BTEC. I heard it is better prep for uni Art!
Dear Lord.

Liverpool FTW

You'll never walk alone!

Liverpool?

Spoiler

That can't be a GCSE. I did GCSE ICT in Year 8 and 9 and we did 60% coursework and 40% exam.

It's not, it's a bull**** compulsory course. It's pathetic. Just a waste of my time for a qualification that isn't respected, needed or even wanted.

Dear Lord.

Liverpool FTW

You'll never walk alone!

I'm sorry mate, but it's all about the Arsenal.

I no longer like either of you. Move.
If you want to do Art shouldn't you do BTEC. I heard it is better prep for uni Art!

I've got no idea tbh! I've got no intention of doing Art....Limited career options methinks :holmes:
Dear Lord.

Liverpool FTW

You'll never walk alone!

Wait, don't you live in London? :s-smilie:
It's not, it's a bull**** compulsory course. It's pathetic. Just a waste of my time for a qualification that isn't respected, needed or even wanted.

I no longer like either of you. Move.

Ohh come on.

It's us who should do the forgiving! You spanked us 8-2!! :spank:
Now that is what I call a par. Bit harsh though....Why does everyone pick on this lil dude? Sure he's a show off but he's only tryna help!

No he really does try to act like a know it all when most the time he is wrong about what he is saying. And then he can never accept he is wrong.

If I told him a Law applicant is in no way whatsoever advantaged by having Law A-Level he would argue back probably saying 'It is Law are you dumb. How can Law not advantage Law'
Wait, don't you live in London? :s-smilie:

The racist tentacles of Luis Suarez spreads many places :yep:
Ohh come on.

It's us who should do the forgiving! You spanked us 8-2!! :spank:

You deserved it.
:biggrin:

Why? That's a bit unfair I think...My sixth form gives us free will to pick and choose..

:yep: It sounds really interesting....If you understand the Physics then the mechanics bit will be piss easy.

Ye, i just looked at their website....Pretty poor I think. But the prospectus really is top notch. A few months ago, I sent off for prospectus' from loads of different Uni's to see what they offer. They're all so similar!

I think when you're looking at Uni's like that, their excellence is equal. Pick a good one obviously, but they're all similar in prestige, the leaderboards change, so you may aswell find your self at a Uni you really like rather than just going somewhere because it was one place higher when you applied, then it went down a ranking.I'm not saying pick London met over Cambridge, but if you're faced with Oxford or Imperial, dont go for the best one - they're both amazing, pick the place you'd like to live nd study.

I think I'm edging towards Civil more than Aeronautics as aero is the most maths driven and I haven't take F.Maths so I'd stand a better chance at places like Imperial if I did Civil. I dont know too much about Mech, but its still a possibility!

I sent of for prospectus' last year, they're really good but some of them are unclear about the entry requirements! :fuhrer:
No he really does try to act like a know it all when most the time he is wrong about what he is saying. And then he can never accept he is wrong.

If I told him a Law applicant is in no way whatsoever advantaged by having Law A-Level he would argue back probably saying 'It is Law are you dumb. How can Law not advantage Law'

haha lol, fair enough....He does think he's a bit of a know-it-all from what I can gather....I intend to bring him in for questioning :devil:
You deserved it.

Deserved it?!

PLEASE, do not get me started on what happened at Old Trafford against City..
The racist tentacles of Luis Suarez spreads many places :yep:

Suarez is a Uruguayan prick. I can't stand the Chidish tosser. He can go and die for I care. In fact, I hope he does, it'd make my day.
(edited 11 years ago)
Well yes obviously, you'd need them without a doubt. That seems a good choice, as you seem fairly confident that you can get a good grade in Geography too :smile:

Well, I will be taking Maths, Further Maths and Physics to A2. I will also be doing an EPQ on an area of Maths or Physics that is not taught in college :smile:

Ooh good luck, you can pretty much do any maths orientated degree with those :nod:
Suarez in a Uruguayan prick. I can't stand the Chidish tosser. He can go and die for I care. In fact, I hope he does, it'd make my day.

Aww, he is a bit of a _______ , but that's a bit much ain't it?
Charlie you is now da top dawg with 388 posts, followed by multiplexing-gamer with 385 and then GreenLantern1 has 384...It's close :ninja: