The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Louis.
He might have drawn back his hand to do a firm handshake, and RVP misinterpreted it as him drawing it away because he didn't want to shake hands :dontknow:

That's my interpretation anyway, don't think anyone is to blame and don't think anything needs to be made of it. It's a complete non-issue.

As in, try to shake his hand right hand with RVP right? I don't think so, he would have made a motion towards the other hand but he pulls away twice while muttering something, according to the interwebs "Best striker in Europe? Not on my watch mate" but that is hard to discern to say the least.

In any case, to go out to and call him a sore loser because he didn't want to shake hands is clearly bs according to that gif, he says: "He's obviously unhappy - when I went to shake his hand, he threw me away and then just gave me a wee pat, which is disappointing."

He's even winding him up with those comments trying to look like the bigger man bec his version of events is just a load of....
Reply 9381
Caldwell is such a numpty *sigh*

Ha at Caldwell victimising himself. Clearly they were both in the wrong; Caldwell for mocking RVP and withdrawing his hand and RVP for allowing it to frustrate him. Caldwell shouldn't of said anything on the matter though if he wanted to come across as the better man, especially in that way.
“But you want to have that consistency. I’ve had it in patches.” - Theo Walcott

:facepalm2:
Reply 9384
Original post by In2deep
As in, try to shake his hand right hand with RVP right? I don't think so, he would have made a motion towards the other hand but he pulls away twice while muttering something, according to the interwebs "Best striker in Europe? Not on my watch mate" but that is hard to discern to say the least.

In any case, to go out to and call him a sore loser because he didn't want to shake hands is clearly bs according to that gif, he says: "He's obviously unhappy - when I went to shake his hand, he threw me away and then just gave me a wee pat, which is disappointing."

He's even winding him up with those comments trying to look like the bigger man bec his version of events is just a load of....

Yeah....he might not be shaking it properly because he doesn't like Van Persie just holding his left arm out. No idea where anyone would have got those quotes from either.

The video can support his version of events, it can support you guys defending RVP, my point is we're not gonna know and there are far more important things to discuss. I was just giving some balance instead of having the entire thread victimise Caldwell over what to me looks like a misunderstanding.
Original post by Nucleolus
“But you want to have that consistency. I’ve had it in patches.” - Theo Walcott

:facepalm2:

He means he has been consistent over 6 or 7 games rather then over a whole season. Not really that much of a face palm comment, I kind of agree with it 2bh.
Original post by anonstudent1
He means he has been consistent over 6 or 7 games rather then over a whole season. Not really that much of a face palm comment, I kind of agree with it 2bh.

Um, I'm facepalming it because he's completely contradicting himself; he's essentially saying 'I've been consistent in patches', which contrasts with the whole meaning of the word consistency.
Jack Wilshere needs to stop tweeting.
It's going to be depressing to watch barca vs scum. i really wish we were still in the CL....
Original post by jilebinator
Does anyone know what the Emirates will be called after the deal finishes? I've heard "New Highbury" on the most reliable source (fifa 12).

Ashburton grove probably as it was meant to be that before the emirates deal came.
Reply 9390
Won't they just sell the naming rights to someone else as the stadium has no official identity so it would be easy enough to keep selling the name for ever increasing amounts thus funding the war chest each season.
Original post by jilebinator
Jack Wilshere needs to stop tweeting.

I lol'd at the one about fabs scoring.
Reply 9392
Original post by Mess.
Won't they just sell the naming rights to someone else as the stadium has no official identity so it would be easy enough to keep selling the name for ever increasing amounts thus funding the war chest each season.

Ahhh, the fabled 'war chest' the Daily Mail, goal.com etc talk about before every transfer window. When are the board going to let Arsene go to 'war' and spend it?
Oh dear, Fabregas missed a sitter and has been playing poorly. Looks like he has been taken shooting lessons from Gervinho.
Anyone else hoping Chelsea get a good result tonight? If they win then they will definitely feel confident about getting a result in the second leg and going through. They might just rest some players against us to keep them fresh for the second leg.
Not sure really, there's arguments either way but all I care about is that we win on Saturday, and Chelsea don't win the Champions League so our placings aren't jeopardized!
Reply 9396
Original post by Glow in the dark
Not sure really, there's arguments either way but all I care about is that we win on Saturday, and Chelsea don't win the Champions League so our placings aren't jeopardized! And Liverpool win the FA Cup, we get 3rd and Newcastle 4th. We all hate Nasri etc now, bit City to win the league. We can still catch Pool/United and bring glorious benefits to Arsenal being #1 in England in 2025 :redface:

:colondollar:
Well suddenly Chelsea are good again and we've just lost to Wigan at home. Crunch match on Saturday, no two ways about it. We better turn up.
Original post by De Chirico
Well suddenly Chelsea are good again and we've just lost to Wigan at home. Crunch match on Saturday, no two ways about it. We better turn up.

I think you would have noticed that we've been good when it said we have 9 wins in 12 games and when we thrashed tottenham.
Original post by jam277
I think you would have noticed that we've been good when it said we have 9 wins in 12 games and when we thrashed tottenham.

Yes but stats aside only in the last two games have you stopped riding your luck and defending like ****.