The Student Room Group

Was caught peeing in the street

Scroll to see replies

Serves you right for peeing outside!
Douchebag at least now you will learn from it.
Original post by original_username
It's just a bit of skin man.

To you it's your skin but just like strangers don't want to touch your balls, they don't want to touch hands that have been there. It's basic hygiene, regardless of whether you had a shower in the morning.
Reply 22
Original post by Chiryu
That depends on where you live. Local government has the power to make it an offence under a by-law (section 235 of the Local government act 1972). There's also Section 5 of the Public order act 1986, not to mention a booking for Drunk & Disorderly if you'd had more than a few...

I don't think Indecent Exposure would hold, since the OP was in an alleyway and - hopefully - trying to be discreet.

actually no i wasnt in an alley way >.< it was in the street but there was a corner i was facing into it looked a bit like this

|-----shops-----------
|
|
|
heres the street------------------

the | is like a shop shutter which was kind of hiding me its really hard to explain were i was

so it was kinda like that i was facing in towards the corner. i have pictures that the public toilets were out of use but ill just have to see what happens.

perhaps i should of used an alleyway but i was drunk and it didnt seem such a bad place at the time i thought i was kinda hidden as he had to come around the corner to see me.

funny enough they were sitting in the car and i didnt even see them ;/
(edited 11 years ago)
The guy who designed this website is a cretin, I mean, white text on black, with loads of green and yellow?

http://www.herts.police.uk/advice/think_before_you_drink.aspx?theme=textonly

Apparently says its an £80 fine, but I've heard of people being done for indecent exposure and going on sex offender registry for it.
This is disgusting, you should be mature enough to anticipate your bladder movements and prevent such a situation from occuring or hold it in.

If the law let people off for offenses like this, then you'd have people urinating waterfalls all over the place. I don't want to step outside and slide about over streams of piss. We're not in the bloody medieval age.
(edited 11 years ago)
When I drink, I use the toilet a lot more (more fluid in = more fluid out). So while you can say you should be able to anticipate it, a 20 minute walk home can prove too much, even if you go just before leaving. Holding it in isn't always the answer either - it can just become incredibly painful after a while.

It doesn't help that the few places open at night that have toilets insist on you spending money before you can use them. I understand from their point of view, but it doesn't make it any easier for us.
Reply 26
Yeah if he was sober than he probably should have held it, but when drinking and having "broken the seal" you can go from empty bladder to borderline wetting yourself in less than 20 minutes, it's not something you can just hold.
Reply 27
Original post by Piprod01
Well, I don't see the public interest in forcing yourself to piss your pants.

It only effects him
What if you needed a ****
Original post by AkDo
Urinating on public property is disgusting, I mean how hard is it just to find a toilet? But mistakes happen... just be genuine and truthful. My biggest issue is spitting. At least urine is sterile. Spitting is imo a billion times worse and people seriously couldn't give a damn...

I hate it when people spit. It makes me want to hit them :colonhash:
Reply 30
Your first mistake was getting caught for pi**ing in the street :pee:
the second mistake was staying put when you got caught.
Original post by tu_es_jolie_x
Serves you right for acting like a small child/ animal really doesn't.

Humans are animals...
I can't believe police waste their time with stuff like this especially as it was a male officer, every lad I know does it. Serves you right for getting caught though, it isnt hard to have a quick check over your shoulder to make sure there are no police. I would have attempted a bull**** about a medical condition if he caught me that might have worked.
Reply 33
Original post by AkDo
Urinating on public property is disgusting, I mean how hard is it just to find a toilet?

Late at night, impossible. If all the pubs are closed, where are there going to be toilets? There aren't that many public toilets around, and even if there are some, chances are they won't be open at that time either.
Original post by silent ninja
Peeing in public places is uncivilised.

it's just marking your territory though innit :cool:
Original post by Chiryu
That depends on where you live. Local government has the power to make it an offence under a by-law (section 235 of the Local government act 1972). There's also Section 5 of the Public order act 1986, not to mention a booking for Drunk & Disorderly if you'd had more than a few...

I don't think Indecent Exposure would hold, since the OP was in an alleyway and - hopefully - trying to be discreet.

Yep you're spot on right, to add to this pretty much every council in the land has made it illegal as far as I know. You won't get done for indecent exposure as unless you were standing around trying to make sure everyone saw your dick it can't be proven that you intended that someone would see them and be caused alarm or distress. (Section 66 Sexual Offences Act 2003).

I'd agree you could argue it's a public order offence or drunk and disorderly, but it never seems to be done like that as the specific offence should always be prosecuted than something more general. Worst that will happen (if anything does come of it) will be a trip to magistrates court and a small fine. Also, you might get some mitigation that there was no other bogs available and you were really desperate, but don't count on it. You won't be going on sex offenders register if you did get done.

I personally do think you were a bit of a plonker to pee in a shop doorway even if it isn't crime of the century - should have chosen somewhere a little more out of the way! :P
Original post by Alexandra's Box
I hate it when people spit. It makes me want to hit them :colonhash:

Same here
Serves you right tbh
Original post by martin jol
it's just marking your territory though innit :cool:

I'll try not to slip on the wet doorstep on the way in.
Reply 39
how old are you? i know 6 year olds that know where to pee on the street. idiot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending