The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL: AS Music UNIT 3 - 21/5/12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by anuradha_d
I keeep doing that! Its not even the soprano bass ones, its in the alto and tenor -_- GAH.

Yeah parallels are horrid. I also struggle to get flowing lines on imperfect cadence questions.
Original post by Salmonidae
Yeah parallels are horrid. I also struggle to get flowing lines on imperfect cadence questions.

I will actually do a victory dance if

Sec A Q1: Corelli/Berlioz
Sec A Q2: Symphony of Psalms/Beatles
SecB Q1: (instrumental!) Schumann/Corelli
Q2: Corelli vs Beethoven, Melody and Harmony or Berlioz vs Schumann for ANYTHING

Sec C Q1... cant really do much about it, but mostly non harmonic notes <3

Sec C Q2... PERFECT CADENCE PRETTY PLEASE
Reply 22
I will actually do a victory dance if

Sec A Q1: Corelli/Berlioz
Sec A Q2: Symphony of Psalms/Beatles
SecB Q1: (instrumental!) Schumann/Corelli
Q2: Corelli vs Beethoven, Melody and Harmony or Berlioz vs Schumann for ANYTHING

Sec C Q1... cant really do much about it, but mostly non harmonic notes <3

Sec C Q2... PERFECT CADENCE PRETTY PLEASE

I'm definitely doing vocal music for SecB, so much more stuff I can just make up haha! With you on the rest though!
I'm definitely doing vocal music for SecB, so much more stuff I can just make up haha! With you on the rest though!

Ooooo i see what you mean actually....

I have some thinking to do.

Hows the revision coming?
Reply 24
Ooooo i see what you mean actually....

I have some thinking to do.

Hows the revision coming?

Pretty good, seem to be able to recall most stuff about most pieces, finding it really hard to revise for section A though - really doesn't seem to be any good resources.

You?
Pretty good, seem to be able to recall most stuff about most pieces, finding it really hard to revise for section A though - really doesn't seem to be any good resources.

You?

Are you ready for my life story?

I'm doing Music without lessons or a teacher, as my school doesnt offer it, and I was adamant on doing it as my 5th AS.

So I'm learning the ENTIRE theory this weekend :P

Ive finished Instrumental Music, need to finish off vocal.... hopefully will retain some of it for tomorrow :'(

Whammagonnado? How was your coursework? What instrument did you play??
Hey! I'm doing music too! I'm really not looking forward to my exam, I usually forget what a minim is once I get in the hall.

Have you ever seen an example answer to the compare and contrasts? I really want to see how much depth is needed for the marks etc. What would you right for:
Compare and contrast the harmonic writing in Corelli and beethoven?

Good luck to everyone! :biggrin:

I'm doing Music without lessons or a teacher, as my school doesnt offer it, and I was adamant on doing it as my 5th AS.

Ive finished Instrumental Music, need to finish off vocal.... hopefully will retain some of it for tomorrow :'(

I'm taking my virtual hat off to you, I would never be able to do it without a teacher!
Reply 28

Yeah that's tough, I played flute and it went alright. What about you?

Original post by annaliseelizabeth
Hey! I'm doing music too! I'm really not looking forward to my exam, I usually forget what a minim is once I get in the hall.

Have you ever seen an example answer to the compare and contrasts? I really want to see how much depth is needed for the marks etc. What would you right for:

Well for the 18mark questions you would be given to aspects for comparison, for example you might get harmonic writing and rhythm or something like that.
I'm taking my virtual hat off to you, I would never be able to do it without a teacher!

Why thank you ^.^

and ahaaa I might as well not be doing it! So much stuffs to learnnsss D:

Hopefully I can scrape a pass.

I believe that if i dont sit the exam, the grade I get is a D because of my coursework.

So anything on top of that is a bonus tbh.

I do need to smash my other subjects :/

what instrument do you play?

Hi again

I wrote an answer to that question and it got 16/18

Would you like me to type it up and put in on here soon?
Yeah that's tough, I played flute and it went alright. What about you?

Oh awesome :smile:

I sang, and it went good thanks! Hopefully moderators wont put it down. How was the composition?
Reply 32

I sang, and it went good thanks! Hopefully moderators wont put it down. How was the composition?

Who did you get to mark your performance? I'm not really sure, might have gone well might not - no idea! :tongue:

I play flute too :pirateprincess: :biggrin:
Hi again

I wrote an answer to that question and it got 16/18

Would you like me to type it up and put in on here soon?

That's really good! Yes please :biggrin:
Why thank you ^.^

and ahaaa I might as well not be doing it! So much stuffs to learnnsss D:

Hopefully I can scrape a pass.

I believe that if i dont sit the exam, the grade I get is a D because of my coursework.

So anything on top of that is a bonus tbh.

I do need to smash my other subjects :/

what instrument do you play?

I play the flute, well, my performance was BAD :frown:
Reply 36
I play the flute, well, my performance was BAD :frown:

What piece did you perform? I'm sure it wasn't nearly as bad as you think.
What piece did you perform? I'm sure it wasn't nearly as bad as you think.

Just two pieces out of my grade 6 book. The CD wouldn't start so I was standing on stage for a good 5 minutes looking like a fool, then it took a good minute for my flute to warm up properly because I had been sitting in the audience for a good hour. The CD I was playing off was total rubbish, It skipped slightly which totally threw me, if my teacher had played the piano (as planned) I would of been fine. Oh, my Gran in the audience started choking so I looked up and totally forgot I was playing. I got a D for it, one teacher said it might be remarked as a C. I was really relying on that performance grade to pull me up. I think my composition is around a middle C, I have no idea tho, I got 17/20 for my sleeve note so that should pull me up a little. ugh, I hate A-levels.

What instrument do you play?
Who did you get to mark your performance? I'm not really sure, might have gone well might not - no idea! :tongue:

Music teacher at a school nearby - i got 39/40 :L

Yeh i know! I had to write on an additional page for the sleeve note Q3 as my answer was waaaay to long LOL
I joined the student room purely to comment on this ! I'm getting so panicky, Section A is really worrying me because you can't really revise... anyone got any thoughts on what sort of standard things we should know about in order to get a decent mark on that bit?
(Also I play flute too! Went for piano for my performance in the end though :smile: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending