Reply 21
well it could be

1. something on suffragettes
2 why for democracy
3. what for democrac

but that seems really unlikely,

okay so i probably shouldn't have said definitely
Reply 22
My history teacher told me that there's word going about that Liberal Motives, Unification of Germany and Rise of the Nazis will be in it.
Reply 23
Original post by Markayy
My history teacher told me that there's word going about that Liberal Motives, Unification of Germany and Rise of the Nazis will be in it.

I agree with the Liberal motives and unification of Germany although I'm not sure about the rise of the Nazis since that's been mentioned in 2010 and 2011. If it is a Nazis question I think it would be the methods which kept the Nazis in power.
Reply 24
what do you mean my liberal motives: like the reasons for liberal reforms?
Reply 25
Original post by caillieg
what do you mean my liberal motives: like the reasons for liberal reforms?

:yep:
Reply 26
How likely is it that a Liberals or Labour question will appear? I know there's been a question asked on either topic each year although this year the SQA could be mean and not ask one at all. The reason I'm asking is simply because I really don't want to do a democracy essay after looking at my notes for it and it's just so damn boring and I'd never pick to do an essay on it in the exam anyway! Therefore how risky is it to only learn content for issues 4 and 6? I would have learnt content on votes for women although that came up in 2010 and 2011, and I was originally planning on doing issues 2,4, and 6 but obviously now only 4 and 6 since issue 2 is on democracy.
Reply 27
Original post by Nfergs
How likely is it that a Liberals or Labour question will appear? I know there's been a question asked on either topic each year although this year the SQA could be mean and not ask one at all. The reason I'm asking is simply because I really don't want to do a democracy essay after looking at my notes for it and it's just so damn boring and I'd never pick to do an essay on it in the exam anyway! Therefore how risky is it to only learn content for issues 4 and 6? I would have learnt content on votes for women although that came up in 2010 and 2011, and I was originally planning on doing issues 2,4, and 6 but obviously now only 4 and 6 since issue 2 is on democracy.

My teacher said that it would be likely to come up however we where warned to at least learn 4 of the issues for the topic of Britain overall- hoping not for anything including women: I hate this part but everybody else loves it
Original post by Nfergs

It's your own gamble, nobody can tell you whether or not it's gonna come up, it's your grades aha so make your choice :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 29
my teacher has said that for the Britain unit we're guaranteed one on democracy (which could be extension of the franchise, women, or just..democracy..), then one on the welfare reforms (either Liberal or Labour, more likely to be Labour because it was Liberal last year) and the the third will be either. But according to him they have to put one question in on either Liberal reforms or Labour reforms. Like how with the America unit you have to have one question on civil rights and one question on the economic/New Deal bit, and the third on either.
Reply 30
Original post by NorahM
my teacher has said that for the Britain unit we're guaranteed one on democracy (which could be extension of the franchise, women, or just..democracy..), then one on the welfare reforms (either Liberal or Labour, more likely to be Labour because it was Liberal last year) and the the third will be either. But according to him they have to put one question in on either Liberal reforms or Labour reforms.

I originally thought that it was more likely to be Labour this year because Liberals has been 2 years in a row, although it was issue 5 both years, a question on issue 4 for Liberals hasn't appeared since 2008 I don't think, so there's a good chance it will be that.

Reply 31
I'm really hoping that Labour comes up and im not really bothered as to what comes up in the other topics as I have an all round good understanding of the course and topics

was 1 mark off an A in the prelim but that was because i missed out vital points in one of the essays and got like 11 for it ^^

Expecting an A but you never know.. I might panic due to the time - Labour is so hard to get done in the time given but i wrote it in the prelim and got an upper A (16)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Connor131
I'm really hoping that Labour comes up and im not really bothered as to what comes up in the other topics as I have an all round good understanding of the course and topics

I also hope it's Labour but I still think there is a chance of reasons for the Liberal reforms showing up. I'll be fine with whatever appears, although I did Labour for a NAB so I'm more confident with it, but really I just hope at least one of them appears!
hope one of the david and henry essays come up and why was the first crusade succesful. That would be perfect!
Reply 34
Original post by Nfergs
I also hope it's Labour but I still think there is a chance of reasons for the Liberal reforms showing up. I'll be fine with whatever appears, although I did Labour for a NAB so I'm more confident with it, but really I just hope at least one of them appears!

I did Labour for my extended essay which i spent months on haha
Reply 35
Original post by Connor131
I did Labour for my extended essay which i spent months on haha

Oh mine was on factors causing the growth of German nationalism 1815-150 which was asked last year so I can't rely on my knowledge for that :emo:
Reply 36
Liberals or Labour better come up or I'll have nothing to write about on Germany (did issues 4, 5 and 6) :laugh:

Still thinking it will be 2 4 and 6 because they didn't do them last year and it's only the second year of the new format... but you can never predict the SQA :tongue:
Reply 37
Original post by emmasaur
Liberals or Labour better come up or I'll have nothing to write about on Germany (did issues 4, 5 and 6) :laugh:

Still thinking it will be 2 4 and 6 because they didn't do them last year and it's only the second year of the new format... but you can never predict the SQA :tongue:

Yup, I agree although I don't know why you did 5 since it's appeared 2 years in a row. I couldn't be botherd doing 2 in the end so I'm just left with 4 and 6 for Britain... I don't know if to do an essay plan for women or not just to be on the safe side although it might not even come up. I don't think 2, 4 and 6 will definitely appear or it would be too easy for knowing what issues to revise. One or two of them will deifnitely come up and there will possibly be a repeat of an issue from last year (which I think will be 1 if it does happen). I'm just hoping that if they do a repeat, there is still a question on Liberals or Labour.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Nfergs
Yup, I agree although I don't know why you did 5 since it's appeared 2 years in a row. I couldn't be botherd doing 2 in the end so I'm just left with 4 and 6 for Britain... I don't know if to do an essay plan for women or not just to be on the safe side although it might not even come up. I don't think 2, 4 and 6 will definitely appear or it would be too easy for knowing what issues to revise. One or two of them will deifnitely come up and there will possibly be a repeat of an issue from last year (which I think will be 1 if it does happen). I'm just hoping that if they do a repeat, there is still a question on Liberals or Labour.

Just because it's appeared 2 years in a row doesn't mean anything :tongue: - you don't know whats coming up haha.

Reply 39
Original post by hollieeilloh
Just because it's appeared 2 years in a row doesn't mean anything :tongue: - you don't know whats coming up haha.

Ofcourse, I'm not saying it will or it won't come up. However if it was women and it had appeared twice in a row with a different named factor, then that's more understandable. However there's 3 different issues for Liberals and Labour, one of which hasn't appeared for a number of years so they're not going to ask the same question again when there's 2 other issues that can be asked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending