The Student Room Group

Ayia Napa 2012 advice

Hey, im going ayia napa in a couple of days, i was just wondering if any other people that have gone can advice me on how much money to take atm im taking 780 euros. im self catering, eating during the day, clubbing at night also situated near the square so dont need money for taxis. and im going for 1 week? and what are the prices there like there drink and food wise thanks
Reply 1
780 euros should well be more than enough! I think 400 would do it to cover you for food and alcohol.

Drinks are relatively cheap - you always get promoters coming up to you offering you entry to a bar/club, free shots and drinks and a fishbowl (the fishbowls I had were always disgusting). It wasn't even a bowl - it tasted like capri-sun orange and vodka diluted with water. And it was in a jug. Should be about 5 euros per person (assuming you're in a group).

Clubs are OK - fairly standard tbh. The best one (by far) is this place called Club Ice. Although it's expensive entry (10-15 euros when I went last year, depending on the day) and promoters rarely got you a good deal with this. Don't go to a place called Black and White (it's a club). It's expensive and crap - biggest regret. The cool thing is you get after parties there too. This place called River Ragae has a pool and entry is often cheap. Although only a daredevil would go clubbing wearing swimming trunks! Although getting drunk until 7am isn't everyone's scene. On a night out, I wouldn't usually spend more than about 30-40 euros.

Although try to do something during the day! There's water parks and quad bikes available for rent (where I went). The biggest regret I have of the trip was not doing enough during the daytime - often because we were too hungover from the night before.

Have fun!
780 should be more than enough and you'll be able to do the waterpark and hire quads too if you wanted.

Foodwise, depends what you want to eat. A lot of restaurants do set meals for about 10 euro or theres places like maccies/pizza hut (buffet) if you preffered.

Pre drink if you can, theres a place called incredible universe that does cheap crates, but all the other supermarkets do dead cheap vodka and stuff too.

Bars on the strip are pretty much all the same price, 5 euro a drink and 3 per shot, though the PR's will try to do deals with you. Try to haggle with them if you can as they'l give you BOGOF with about 4 free shots each, so deffo don't go in without a PR.

Club drinks are about 7 euro a drink and don't tend to have any offers on. I have no idea about entry prices as I have never paid as I had a workers card.

Someone mentioned above about Black and white club, unless your really into rap/ r&b avoid this club, its not very big, full of people who think they are it and they are the worst place for watering drinks down.

Go to Castle for your house music, its huge. Go to club ice for the foam party on a monday.

There are also two after clubs, River Reggae and Aqua, both with pools and open till 7am if you really wanted to party hard!

Have a great time, wish I was going back this summer, been 3 times, epic!
Dont go into the pool in river reggeaa unless you want to get an sti,

The vodka is just pretty much bleach brought in by the mafia, the whole place is crooked

Its to hot during the day to do anything

the plus point is that there is a lot of sweedish people there, the girls are stunning, nailed a blonde bombshell, ahh napa.
Reply 4

These things hurt like hell. Won't find them on the beach though.
Reply 5
[QUOTE='rach [shikari];38144745']780 should be more than enough and you'll be able to do the waterpark and hire quads too if you wanted.

Foodwise, depends what you want to eat. A lot of restaurants do set meals for about 10 euro or theres places like maccies/pizza hut (buffet) if you preffered.

Pre drink if you can, theres a place called incredible universe that does cheap crates, but all the other supermarkets do dead cheap vodka and stuff too.

Bars on the strip are pretty much all the same price, 5 euro a drink and 3 per shot, though the PR's will try to do deals with you. Try to haggle with them if you can as they'l give you BOGOF with about 4 free shots each, so deffo don't go in without a PR.

Club drinks are about 7 euro a drink and don't tend to have any offers on. I have no idea about entry prices as I have never paid as I had a workers card.

Someone mentioned above about Black and white club, unless your really into rap/ r&b avoid this club, its not very big, full of people who think they are it and they are the worst place for watering drinks down.

Go to Castle for your house music, its huge. Go to club ice for the foam party on a monday.

There are also two after clubs, River Reggae and Aqua, both with pools and open till 7am if you really wanted to party hard!

Have a great time, wish I was going back this summer, been 3 times, epic!

Black and White worst place for watering drinks down? I found the opposite, its the only place you can get a proper drink. BnW and Club Ice are owned by the same guy btw..
Reply 6
Original post by Bear_Grylls
Dont go into the pool in river reggeaa unless you want to get an sti,

The vodka is just pretty much bleach brought in by the mafia, the whole place is crooked

Its to hot during the day to do anything

the plus point is that there is a lot of sweedish people there, the girls are stunning, nailed a blonde bombshell, ahh napa.

Excuse my stupidity but how can you catch an STI from a swimming pool?
Reply 7
Original post by jag157
Hey, im going ayia napa in a couple of days, i was just wondering if any other people that have gone can advice me on how much money to take atm im taking 780 euros. im self catering, eating during the day, clubbing at night also situated near the square so dont need money for taxis. and im going for 1 week? and what are the prices there like there drink and food wise thanks

where are you staying?
Original post by RFC1872
Excuse my stupidity but how can you catch an STI from a swimming pool?

everyones having sex in there, i got an infection in my foot from it, it wasnt pleasant haha
Reply 9
Original post by Bear_Grylls
everyones having sex in there, i got an infection in my foot from it, it wasnt pleasant haha

Christ if you got an infected fot from it God knows what some of the more randier pool-goers have come home with:eek:
I've just got back from a week in napa :smile: I took 500 euros and came back with about 50 so 780 euros should be plenty. If you get chance, go to the waterpark, hire quads and do fantasy boat party, it's absolutely amazing! As for food, there are loads of places you can get a decent, but reasonably priced meal. We bought loads of cheap alcohol when we first got there and had lots of pre-drinks before we went out but the drinks in the club weren't as expensive as I thought they would be if i'm honest. I'd recommend castle club, bedrock and club ice :smile: What hotel are you staying in?

Quick Reply