The Student Room Group

Skins

Scroll to see replies

Original post by misfit3
I liked this episode, not as much as Livs, but I quite like Mini and Alo together :smile:
This whole Frankie-Nick-Matty thing is rather similar to the Effy-Cook-Freddie thing, with the whole "So what do we do now", except when watching Effy, Cook and Freddie, you could just tell it was Effy and Freddie all the way. With these three, I really couldn't tell, or care. Though I hope Frankie ends up with Matty, because I really dislike the both of them, and Nick's alright.
I am disappointed that we haven't seen much of Rich, especially since I thought he'd be an interesting character dealing with Grace's death, but it's just been Frankie overload :/

I totally agree. I swear Franky seems to have had the most airtime out of any of the other characters throughout this series. And it was a bit strange and annoying how right after his episode where Grace died, Rich disappears for two whole episodes, and I was so worrying about what might have happened to him. Then he suddenly appears again with some vague explanation about being on holiday, and still hardly shows thereafter. Still, there's one more episode to go, so maybe something will blow up then?
i'm so glad people here share my hatred for franky, there are just no words..
Reply 1802
Hopefully Doctor Foster is still alive and decides to kill half the cast. That'd be a nice conclusion to this generation.
Original post by 1Unit1
Hopefully Doctor Foster is still alive and decides to kill half the cast. That'd be a nice conclusion to this generation.

"You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!"
Damn it!
I liked that episode :h: i hope minis babay is ok :erm:

franky was just ****ing annoying man
Franky needs to just p*** off, she is so annoying.

Is there going to be a fourth generation? Skins is getting a bit dry now; apart from Alo and Rich, I don't think any of this generations characters are that likeable.
Reply 1806
skins is being axed in 2013 after the next series bringing back some old characters, don't know who though! :frown: sad times! but i hope cook comes back!
Reply 1807
I'd really like to see Cassie and Sid. I went to say "and Chris!" but he died :frown:
Yeah, the twins from last series would be cool as well, and JJ, maybe Cook. As long as Franky doesnt make an appearance I'm happy tbh.
Monday's episode was ****. Franky is being made to be overprotective and a pscho, although the Alo-Mini dancing bit at the end was sweet :smile:
The problem with this series (I used to love it but now have pretty much stopped watching it) has already been mentioned by someone else; the characters aren't likeable. I personally, and most other people I know, wouldn't care at all whatever happened to most of the characters.

I cared about Grace and Rich. But now one's dead and the other is hardly in the series anymore. They could all die in a giant fire at the Blood's house and I wouldn't shed a single tear. And I cried at Ghost's of girlfriend's past.
Reply 1810
I know it's a bit ~controversial~ to say anything positive about Skins at the moment but one thing I think was done really well in this gen. is the Grace-Mini-Liv friendship and how that has had to change - genuinely enjoy those scenes

also it seems like one of the few consistent issues Series 5 and 6

(relationships aside - has anyone noticed how much Rich/Mini/(obviously) Franky's fashions have changed? we get it, teenagers like to EXPERIMENT but gooosh)
Original post by ohdeer
I know it's a bit ~controversial~ to say anything positive about Skins at the moment but one thing I think was done really well in this gen. is the Grace-Mini-Liv friendship and how that has had to change - genuinely enjoy those scenes

Yeah, I agree. The episodes seem to be significantly better when Mini's heavily involved, for some reason. Perhaps because her storylines of teenage pregnancy, reconciling with a lost parent and struggling with grief are actually believable, unlike all Franky's BS.

Speaking of Franky, her obsession with Mini's baby in this week's episode was BEYOND creepy. Errrghhh.
i didn't use to like mini but now she, along with alo and rich, are my favourite characters... she's a really good character and she's definitely grown... but maybe the horror of frankie can make anyone look good
I liked the new episode but Frankie acted absolutely nonsense!?
Too bad, she used to be my favourite character
Alo is brilliant :biggrin:
Such a terrible show now, generation 2 was so much better.

Cook made it.
Original post by LaBelleEtLeBete
"I know people in Oxford"... Yes you do, Lyra!

Haha I never made the connection... I'm sure that was put in intentionally.
No matter how messed up Franky is, she's still my favourite? I've liked her since the beginning and it's kinda hard to just not like her. lol I loved her episode, tho. It's too bad about Luke. I liked Bad Boy Luke. lul
Someone always dies in the skins finale-ish episodes, fingers crossed it's Franky.
Original post by tu_es_jolie_x
Someone always dies in the skins finale-ish episodes, fingers crossed it's Franky.

Hahahaha. Franky dying in a car crash would be beautiful karma :sexface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending