University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by fallenangel
Ah I've applied for Nixon Court as my #1 choice- but haven't got an accommodation offer, nor does it say they're even processing my application yet.

My offer's unconditional - hope they get round to it soon.

Mine came through last week, got an offer for my first choice. Beaumont catered, en suite :smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by darko123
Mine came through last week, got an offer for my first choice. Beaumont catered, en suite :smile:

:lolwut:

I feel even worse now :frown:
Reply 342

Don't worry mine only came through because I have an unconditional although tbf it was still pretty damn quick. What's your 1st choice?
Reply 343

Don't worry, Nixon's hardly overwhelmed with Freshers' clamouring to get in there, being city living and all, and the returners (traditionally at least, most of Nixon) will be in separate flats/blocks in the main. If you've not heard anything by the end of the week give accommodation an email.

Don't worry, every year Leicester house everyone who has them as reserve and any that come through clearing. Anyone firming it will definitely get halls!
Original post by darko123
Don't worry mine only came through because I have an unconditional although tbf it was still pretty damn quick. What's your 1st choice?

My offer is unconditional as well mate - hopefully something will come through soon. I opted for Nixon Court - you're beaumont right?

Original post by roh
Don't worry, Nixon's hardly overwhelmed with Freshers' clamouring to get in there, being city living and all, and the returners (traditionally at least, most of Nixon) will be in separate flats/blocks in the main. If you've not heard anything by the end of the week give accommodation an email.

Don't worry, every year Leicester house everyone who has them as reserve and any that come through clearing. Anyone firming it will definitely get halls!

Haha - thanks for that man, I sent my app off on the 16th, I'll give it another week or so like you said.

Where are you staying for your final year?
Reply 345

Haha - thanks for that man, I sent my app off on the 16th, I'll give it another week or so like you said.

Where are you staying for your final year?

House in Evington bit back from London Rd, with 5 other guys I lived with in halls and second year. Obviously that's an ideal mix for a really productive final year...
Original post by roh
House in Evington bit back from London Rd, with 5 other guys I lived with in halls and second year. Obviously that's an ideal mix for a really productive final year...

Haha - you're going to have to work pretty hard mate, so I'm sure you know what you're doing :wink:
Reply 347
Haha - you're going to have to work pretty hard mate, so I'm sure you know what you're doing :wink:

I'm trying not to think about it, it's just not about having to do regular all nighters. Managed it last year so sure we will again, just a case of limiting FIFA around key times and doing Shabang at least once a week.

I dread to think what medics finals are like, they certainly seem to drag on long enough and I know you have to revise all 5 years.
Original post by roh
I'm trying not to think about it, it's just not about having to do regular all nighters. Managed it last year so sure we will again, just a case of limiting FIFA around key times and doing Shabang at least once a week.

I dread to think what medics finals are like, they certainly seem to drag on long enough and I know you have to revise all 5 years.

I've never done an all-nighter - they can't be that fun can they?

Medic finals seem like hell - I'm trying to avoid that thought tbh. I think when I start my first exam will be in January (ESA1) - but again, trying to push that thought away.
Reply 349
I've never done an all-nighter - they can't be that fun can they?

Medic finals seem like hell - I'm trying to avoid that thought tbh. I think when I start my first exam will be in January (ESA1) - but again, trying to push that thought away.

You might get away with it doing medicine (no big essay deadlines) but most people will do an all nighter or, more likely, a few. They're not fun, can be alright if there's a few you there and you keep up the energy drink intake to avoid crashing but can also be hell on earth.
Original post by roh
You might get away with it doing medicine (no big essay deadlines) but most people will do an all nighter or, more likely, a few. They're not fun, can be alright if there's a few you there and you keep up the energy drink intake to avoid crashing but can also be hell on earth.

Yeah - I guess it comes with going to university. I recently discovered 'Boost' as a much cheaper version to Red Bull, so I can imagine growing very close to that.

I was wondering whether to bring a car - because I'll be living in Nixon, won't need it for lectures, but perhaps for gym later in the day?
Reply 351
Yeah - I guess it comes with going to university. I recently discovered 'Boost' as a much cheaper version to Red Bull, so I can imagine growing very close to that.

I was wondering whether to bring a car - because I'll be living in Nixon, won't need it for lectures, but perhaps for gym later in the day?

Uni's just bought this a gym about 5 mins from Nixon, you'll walk past it to lectures everyday: http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/sports-recreation/usc

Unless you have a burning desire for a full 25m rather than 20m swimming pool I wouldn't bother. If you plan on doing any sport which is up at Oadby/Stoughton (hockey, football, rugby etc.) then I'd just get a bike. It's about a 20 minute ride and saves you a bomb on petrol and a parking permit.

I'd say hold fire on bringing a car until you're a clinical, it's just expensive and not that useful as everything's pretty close.
Original post by roh
Uni's just bought this a gym about 5 mins from Nixon, you'll walk past it to lectures everyday: http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/sports-recreation/usc

Unless you have a burning desire for a full 25m rather than 20m swimming pool I wouldn't bother. If you plan on doing any sport which is up at Oadby/Stoughton (hockey, football, rugby etc.) then I'd just get a bike. It's about a 20 minute ride and saves you a bomb on petrol and a parking permit.

I'd say hold fire on bringing a car until you're a clinical, it's just expensive and not that useful as everything's pretty close.

That's pretty awesome actually - if I'm living at Nixon, will I have to fork out the £250 for the bus pass?

I'll leave the car then actually - you know the gym they're buying, is the weights section there decent?
Reply 353
That's pretty awesome actually - if I'm living at Nixon, will I have to fork out the £250 for the bus pass?

I'll leave the car then actually - you know the gym they're buying, is the weights section there decent?

Def don't bother with the bus pass, unless maybe you start going out with some up at Oadby you won't be going there anywhere near enough to justify it.

It used to be a Nuffield so I'm guessing so, people paid 25 quid a month for it. Guy I knew used to go and he was wedge so I figure he coughed up because the weights section was decent. There's a photo of the weights room here and it looks alright, so long as there's some bars and dumbbells out of shot somewhere.

http://www.nuffieldhealth.com/gyms/Leicester
Original post by roh
Def don't bother with the bus pass, unless maybe you start going out with some up at Oadby you won't be going there anywhere near enough to justify it.

It used to be a Nuffield so I'm guessing so, people paid 25 quid a month for it. Guy I knew used to go and he was wedge so I figure he coughed up because the weights section was decent. There's a photo of the weights room here and it looks alright, so long as there's some bars and dumbbells out of shot somewhere.

http://www.nuffieldhealth.com/gyms/Leicester

Thanks a lot for that man - you have seriously helped me a lot with everything on here. Remind me to take you out and buy you an energy drink when I start in september :wink:
Arrrgg, trying to apply for accomodation, and it keeps telling me that an unidentified error has occured :s-smilie:

Think it might have something to do with me trying to put 3 choices in rather than 4 (I'm a postgrad, so I should be allowed to choose three).

Anyone know anything about The Grange? Thinking about putting it as a 4th choice so that I can just get the damn thing in.
Original post by inspiration91
Just accepted my offer for accom! Woo! Anyone else in Nixon Court? (I'm in block C!)

Oh crap.
Original post by Hippysnake
Oh crap.

Haha! Why what's wrong? :smile:

I picked Nixon Court because it's close and it looks alright lol and tbh I'm not a fussy person, so I'm sure it'll be fine! And if it turns out to be awful, it's only for a year :P lol
Original post by Larsson
have you got an unconditional offer?

i thought they only gave accomodation out once you have your results...

Yeah I've got an unconditional :smile:
Ah I've applied for Nixon Court as my #1 choice- but haven't got an accommodation offer, nor does it say they're even processing my application yet.

My offer's unconditional - hope they get round to it soon.

Got it yet? :smile: Would be cool to know someone before I get there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending