The Student Room Group

Do you smoke in your car?

What are your views on smoking in cars? Is it dangerous? Or a bit of harmless enjoyment? Who here likes to smoke while they drive?

Scroll to see replies

Unless you have a baby or child or animal or another living organism who minds the smoke in the car with you, go ahead.

Make sure your windows are down for your own safety and you're not near somewhere stupid while doing so (like in a cemetery).
Reply 2
I smoke in my car all the time.

I always have the window down when I do though otherwise it gets too smokey and I don't like using the little ash tray in my car.

Smoke, window open, fag out window when done.
I used to, like when I worked, on the way to work. But if I ever drive now I pull over and smoke, much nicer!
I smoke in the van on the way to work, but it's not me who drives.
I don't smoke in the car because mum's a non-smoker, and as such, I respect that she doesn't want the car smelling of stale fag smoke when she gets in it.
Occasionally, if the need presents itself.
I don't normally when there's other people in it who don't smoke, even if it's my car I like to respect their wishes.
Reply 6
I don't smoke in the car. People who do smoke in the car I think are filthy and should be shot.

Original post by Thomas x
I smoke in my car all the time.

I always have the window down when I do though otherwise it gets too smokey and I don't like using the little ash tray in my car.

Smoke, window open, fag out window when done.

Oh dear. You deserve to be shot, sorry.
Smoking in cars is dangerous.
Smoking in general is dangerous.
I don't understand why people do it to be honest...
Reply 8
Original post by dothestrand
Occasionally, if the need presents itself.
I don't normally when there's other people in it who don't smoke, even if it's my car I like to respect their wishes.

Do you use the car cig lighter thingy?
Original post by Id and Ego seek

Make sure your windows are down for your own safety and you're not near somewhere stupid while doing so (like in a cemetery).

I've thought long and hard but I just can't figure it out.

Why should you not smoke in a car in a cemetery?
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Smoking in cars is dangerous.
Smoking in general is dangerous.
I don't understand why people do it to be honest...

It's hardly a crackpipe, dear.
Original post by Arturo Bandini
I've thought long and hard but I just can't figure it out.

Why should you not smoke in a car in a cemetery?

Oh there's nothing actually wrong with it; I just found the image of a man smoking in his car whilst a funeral was being conducted, playing with death was quite an amusing scene - at least to me :teehee:
If you didn't get such an image in your head while reading that, I have failed you.
Original post by suffocation1992
It's hardly a crackpipe, dear.

But it can cause health problems not only to yourself, but to others.
Reply 13
Rarely, I don't recommend it as I find it quite distracting from driving.
Reply 14
No but have you ever tried driving inside a cigarette? It doesn't really work.
Reply 15
They are a ghastly sighty, but as long as I do not inhale the smoke, they can do as they please.

I just hope children are not present in the car.
Reply 16
I've smoked plenty of tyres at the track? :wink:
Original post by Holby_fanatic
But it can cause health problems not only to yourself, but to others.

When you become an adult, you will realise that life is not like secondary school and grown ups drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes. They are perfectly reasonable pleasures that one might enjoy in moderation, socially or for relaxation. If the OP was popping pills off the dashboard, I'd let you make these alarmist remarks, but for one Marlborough Light, pfft get out!
Reply 18
Original post by Thomas x
fag out window when done.

Oh how convenient for you. Do not worry about others who have to notice you using the world as your ashtray or the road as your bin, as long as you (high and mighty you) get your fix from smoking.
Original post by Id and Ego seek
Oh there's nothing actually wrong with it; I just found the image of a man smoking in his car whilst a funeral was being conducted, playing with death was quite an amusing scene - at least to me :teehee:
If you didn't get such an image in your head while reading that, I have failed you.

Sorry cuz.

Quick Reply