The Student Room Group

Why is my skin so clear????Is it because i don't wear any make up?

I have really natural clear skin (Mashallah) and in my 21 years I've never had a spot for more than a week and I've never had Acne,don't have eyebags.I have people asking me what's my secret.But the thing is only recently I have started putting on make up (not including foundation). People think I'm much younger than I actually am which is great because looking around at uni most girls my age look 10 years older like that Sam faiers and the TOWIE lot.

At uni this girl kept staring at me and then she came up to me asked me if I was wearing makeup and I replied I haven't got any make up at all and she wouldn't believe me.People think I apply foundation when I've only ever wore it once in my life.Plus, my cheeks get rosey and red so most girls think I have applied blusher.

I don't even put any moisturizer on my face most of the times.

I think makeup causes Acne and these girls need to let their skin breath for a bit??

I don't smoke or tan,could be that too.But honestly hard as it is to believe , I hardly put on any make up at all,don't use moisturizers,don't drink water .All I do is wash my face with water (don't even use any facial scrub) and yeah i love to sleep :smile:

Anon or delete please since knowing TSR I'll get accused of being arrogant or "Samantha Brick" :rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's called luck
Could be diet, lifestyle, genetics and as stated above, luck.

You sound pretty can we be friends?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I have really natural clear skin (Mashallah) and in my 21 years I've never had a spot for more than a week and I've never had Acne,don't have eyebags.I have people asking me what's my secret.But the thing is only recently I have started putting on make up (not including foundation). People think I'm much younger than I actually am which is great because looking around at uni most girls my age look 10 years older like that Sam faiers and the TOWIE lot.

At uni this girl kept staring at me and then she came up to me asked me if I was wearing makeup and I replied I haven't got any make up at all and she wouldn't believe me.People think I apply foundation when I've only ever wore it once in my life.Plus, my cheeks get rosey and red so most girls think I have applied blusher.

I don't even put any moisturizer on my face most of the times.

I think makeup causes Acne and these girls need to let their skin breath for a bit??

I don't smoke or tan,could be that too.But honestly hard as it is to believe , I hardly put on any make up at all,don't use moisturizers,don't drink water .All I do is wash my face with water (don't even use any facial scrub) and yeah i love to sleep :smile:

Anon or delete please since knowing TSR I'll get accused of being arrogant or "Samantha Brick" :rolleyes:

No it really doesn't, I only wear make-up when there's a reason i.e. a party, my skin isn't as clear as yours sounds, its probably average.
You're just blessed with awesome skin, it could be in your genes or just your lifestyle.

But on a side, can I ask why you decided to post this, you almost sound worried about why you have clear skin? :mute:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Congratulations, I'm really happy for you.
gosh don't question it
lucky you!
Congratulations? What do you want us to say? Some people have clear skin. :dontknow:
You think acne is caused by make-up? That explains a lot about why I had it.

You should sell you secret.
I guessing you know about "hasaad" - and to be honest a lot of the time it can come from oneself. Just know that you're blessed.

There are things that can contribute to the formation of acne and spots BUT they can also form for no reason what so ever and they can occur at any age anytime.
You and me have the same problem.
Reply 10
thank your parents.
and no, it's not caused by make-up
Reply 11
Your point is?
Original post by Formerly Helpful_C
You think acne is caused by make-up? That explains a lot about why I had it.

:rofl2:
Why did you post all that? If you wanted to show that you believe that make-up contributes to spots, then just say that. You could say about your skin but you don't need to go about other girls at uni or them staring at you.

If I were you I'd just be really happy and pleased that for whatever reason, I looked so nice!

(By the way, I posted to show that I didn't neg... trivial as it may be!)
(edited 11 years ago)
dont worry OP they jealous of you.i am also blessed with extremely clear skin. many are also jealous of my amazingly clear and smooth skin.
Seems like a lot of jealous female neggers are in here...
I have clear skin too :biggrin:
I do wear make-up though but I guess I didn't until later than most people and I don't wear it everyday. I'm sure it wouldn't be good for my skin if I did!

I do moisturise every day and night but it might depend on the product if it will have a bad effect on skin, I use nivea soft :smile:
Reply 17
Erm, that's great, but I only saw one question in that post.

I'm guessing you just wanted a chance to brag rather than asking for some help? :s
Reply 18
luck... genes and diet (dairy in everyone or something you are allergic in particular) can trigger acne/spots - hard to say... either way just be glad :P
pics?

Quick Reply

Latest