The Student Room Group

Shropshire Gang behind bars for 36 hour Rape ordeal of young girls

Five men involved in raping and sexually assaulting two Shropshire teenagers have been jailed for more than 38 years.

The two Telford victims, aged 15 and 16, were abducted and lured to a dingy Birmingham flat where ringleaders Amar Hussain and Shamrez Rashid repeatedly attacked them, Birmingham Crown Court heard.

Both girls were victims of a series of sex attacks after being plied with alcohol during the 36-hour ordeal in November 2009.

Yesterday, at the end of a four-week trial, Rashid, 20, was given 11 years in a Young Offenders Institution for rape and four concurrent sentences for another rape, abduction of a child, attempted rape and an attempted sexual assault.

Hussain, 21, was jailed for 10 years for three rape offences, involving both victims, and a concurrent sentence for the abduction of a child.

The court was told that after attacking the girls, Rashid and Hussain ‘in effect offered them up to their friends’.

Rashid grinned and laughed in the dock during the hearing and his supporters hurled abuse at the judge as he passed sentence.

Jahbar Rafiq, 28, received eight years for rape and sexual assault and Adil Saleem, 21, was also jailed for eight years for rape.

Amer Choudhrey, 20, was given 15 months at a Young Offenders Institution for the abduction of a child and one offence of sexual assault.

The 5 males also referred to the girls as ‘slags’.

Jahbar Rafiq, Amer Choudhrey, Adil Saleem, Amar Hussain, Shamrez Rashid deny the charge.

Read more: http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2012/04/21/247339/#ixzz1sg2SpRRG
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Skipbell
Five men involved in raping and sexually assaulting two Shropshire teenagers have been jailed for more than 38 years.

The two Telford victims, aged 15 and 16, were abducted and lured to a dingy Birmingham flat where ringleaders Amar Hussain and Shamrez Rashid repeatedly attacked them, Birmingham Crown Court heard.

Both girls were victims of a series of sex attacks after being plied with alcohol during the 36-hour ordeal in November 2009.

Yesterday, at the end of a four-week trial, Rashid, 20, was given 11 years in a Young Offenders Institution for rape and four concurrent sentences for another rape, abduction of a child, attempted rape and an attempted sexual assault.

Hussain, 21, was jailed for 10 years for three rape offences, involving both victims, and a concurrent sentence for the abduction of a child.

The court was told that after attacking the girls, Rashid and Hussain ‘in effect offered them up to their friends’.

Rashid grinned and laughed in the dock during the hearing and his supporters hurled abuse at the judge as he passed sentence.

Jahbar Rafiq, 28, received eight years for rape and sexual assault and Adil Saleem, 21, was also jailed for eight years for rape.

Amer Choudhrey, 20, was given 15 months at a Young Offenders Institution for the abduction of a child and one offence of sexual assault.

This is happening all over W.Europe.
Reply 2
Good. The men deserved it

EDIT: Why am I getting negged? These men raped these girls?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ALII
Good. They deserved

they deserved to be raped? for what exactly?
Reply 4
Not a single utterance of the word "Muslim" in the quoted article. I'm impressed!
Reply 5

I meant the men deserved it lol. I'll edit it now
Reply 6

I think he's referring to the defendant's getting convicted :colondollar:
Reply 7

horrific!very light sentences.these people should be jailed for life.when these people go out and do it again then we should ut the judges and legislators on trial.
Reply 8
Original post by JohnC2211
Not a single utterance of the word "Muslim" in the quoted article. I'm impressed!

I agree.

edit - i go on DM and look.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2132985/Muslim-gang-jailed-kidnapping-raping-girls-Eid-celebrations.html

But, I want to see harsher sentences for these vile animals.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by JohnC2211

nor the race of the victims :rolleyes:
Reply 10

they metnioned the killers of steven lawrence countless of times. no compliaints there hey?
Reply 11
I can't help but think of how the Russian army raped their way to Berlin towards the end of WWII. The German women may have had to bear the majority of the burden, but I feel inclined to speculate that such disgusting sadism was aimed more at the German men than the German women. I don't know why such a disturbing historical event just occurred to me.........
(edited 12 years ago)
Seriously, we need to start preventing this from happening in the first place.
Well deserved punishment, 8+ years. Not worth it.
Reply 14
**** thing is if you gave them the beating the deserved, you'd get done for a hate crime ¬_¬
is this 'asylum seeking'?
Reply 16
Original post by jeddows
**** thing is if you gave them the beating the deserved, you'd get done for a hate crime ¬_¬

true.
Reply 17
Original post by jeddows

The beating they deserved would have killed them.
Reply 18
Glad to see they got decent sentenses.
Reply 19
The sentences are not long enough from what information is available. They may have possibly ruined two innocent lives and damaged the lives of the victims' family and friends.

38 years each may have been acceptable for this disgusting crime ... or just give me a Colt Navy with some .36 rounds cheaper, quicker and easier.

Latest

Trending

Trending