The Student Room Group

Homophobic pastor in USA says: "Beat up your kids if they look/act gay"

essentially anyway... give them a punch, crack their wrist... this is a baptist PASTOR'S SERMON.. and people actually laugh/agree with this in the background... and because he's in a position of power and influence, his "flock" will go away thinking this is blessed by god/jesus... i REALLY don't understand how some of these christians manage to twist the teachings of christ into thinking this is acceptable.. i can also bet you anything that he is one of those american's that go on and on about america being the land of the free... yet still says this?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/01/north-carolina-pastor-sea_n_1468618.html

it also annoys me because although not religious myself.. it spread such a bad image of religion..

people like this make me sick... i know it is in america which has more extreme views IN GENERAL than the UK but there are people like this in the UK... people WORSE that this all over the world.. and yet people still think gay people are equal now and have nothing to complain about and should be happy with what they have because they don't face discrimination..

as long as there are people like this in the world.. and countries that persecute gays... there will always be a need to campaign/support gay rights imo...
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*sigh*
It makes me want to weep that unmitigatedly backwards ****wits of truly monstrous proportions exist in a "modern" society. This man simply needs to be silenced. Yah yah freedom of speech and all that, but is it really worth it for this guy? I think not...

Edit: Stop negging me! I don't think we should kill him, I just think we should tell him to shut up until he does!
(edited 11 years ago)
I will never understand why people feel the need to come out and say awful things like that. To advocate and even encourage violence towards people because of something that is out of their control, makes me hesitate to call them human. They are real monsters.
Reply 3
Original post by rainbow.panda
I will never understand why people feel the need to come out and say awful things like that. To advocate and even encourage violence towards people because of something that is out of their control, makes me hesitate to call them human. They are real monsters.

especially towards children... he might be "joking" (i highly doubt it though) there will be people moronic enough to take his advice and that do abuse their children because they are or because they think they are gay...
The worst part is that some people will actually follow him, as if he were God :frown:.
this is horrific
He needs to be bitch slapped
Reply 7
You can't look or act gay. You can be gay. You can look or act like a fag.
Reply 8
Original post by Bellissima
it also annoys me because although not religious myself.. it spread such a bad image of religion.

I thought you hated religion?
I'm sure that's what jesus would have said too. what a ****ing plonker.
Reply 10
First there was the idiot radio DJ encouraging a listener to get on of his friends to rape his lesbian daughter to set her straight, now there is this ridiculous sermon...I do fear for conservative America sometimes.
Reply 11
Original post by Kiss
I thought you hated religion?

i don't hate religion... when did i say that?

i'm not a number one fan of religion and it doesn't appeal to me... and after seeing things like this i do dislike religion a lot more... but at the same time i think religion does a lot of good too... religion is here to stay at least in our life time... and i respect peoples beliefs as long as their religion doesn't cause bigotry/they don't use religion as an excuse then i have no problem with it... i hate this side of religion but i don't hate religion. i am not one of those people like richard dawkings.
**** humanity.
Reply 13
Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. Free spech is one thing. But advocating domestic violence, squashing your child's dreams "like a cockroach" because you feel that they should conform to gender binaries? Not to mention that disgusting display of misogyny on top of all that homophobia. Uck.
No one should determine how I am to walk, to talk, to smell (seriously??) just because I happened to be born with lady parts. :angry:
"Land of the free." Ha. Yeah, right. Well, not if you happen to be gay or a woman, obviously. Screw that.

People can be whoever they want to be and parents should encourage this instead of beating them up. I can't believe this even has to be said.

Edit: why the negs? :sad:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Wow, that's corrupt bro. What is it with some people? They need to get their head screwed on straight.
Reply 15
Why is it their business anyway? I will never understand...
Reply 16
This is brilliant. Such ignorant and disgraceful comments in the name of organised religon will hasten the increasing marginalisation of such outdated institutions and concepts :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Farseer
This is brilliant. Such ignorant and disgraceful comments in the name of organised religon will hasten the increasing marginalisation of such outdated institutions and concepts :smile:

If you were being sarcastic fair enough but it's not brilliant because it condones violence. You're obviously only happy because you want religion to die out and acts like this put people off religion. You're pretty pathetic either way.
Reply 18
theyve preached worse things.
Reply 19
Original post by Kiss
If you were being sarcastic fair enough but it's not brilliant because it condones violence. You're obviously only happy because you want religion to die out and acts like this put people off religion. You're pretty pathetic either way.

Not at all. What he said is totally abhorent, I'm just trying to take some positivity from it in that ignorant views such as this will be paid less and less respect over time. Thank you for your opinion too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending