The Student Room Group

The "I'm scared I'm going to miss my offer" thread

Scroll to see replies

I can't motivate myself to reviseee.
I'm going to miss my offer...60 ucas tariff?? Grade D LOL??:eek:
I self-studied A-level maths this year because I work full-time. I applied for foundation year and Last week I had exams which I messed up really bad. I barely can make Grade E LOL. how strict is the entry for foundation year:rolleyes:?
Reply 42
AAA for Law... FML
Reply 43
Original post by SaharaDesert
I can't motivate myself to reviseee.

this haha
Reply 44
Hi Guys

I'm heading into that last minute before exams panic here and am needing a bit of advice.
My first choice offer is 300 ucas points (BBB) however, I don't think I'm going to be able to get that. Although for AS I did get BBB, I've struggled this year and really don't think I'm going to be able to reach the 300 ucas points.
My question is how lenient are universities when it comes to offers? Will I still get my place if I achieve BBC say?
Thanks for the help!
Jess
It depends on the course and the university.
If it is a competitive course at a popular uni, then no, it's not likely you'll get in with BBC. However, if it's less popular you may have a chance.

It also depends how many other applicants meet their offers, and no-one can predict that.
Reply 46
If you email the Uni will they tell you roughly how competitive your course is this year?
Reply 47
Original post by jesstii
If you email the Uni will they tell you roughly how competitive your course is this year?
I doubt it - partly because they can't tell you. If more people than they expect put their uni down as a firm or insurance, and of those more than usual meet their offers, they aren't going to have any places left for people who miss them. The deadlines for making firm and insurance choices don't run out for a while yet, and the answer to the second part won't be known until they receive the results a few days before you do.
Reply 48
Right I HAVE missed my offer by a few ums points in one subject; but surpassed my other grades. I've contacted them and they have said that they would need to review the situation. (is this good?)

So I am in panic city at the min :'( I really could cry.

What are my chances.
Reply 49
Original post by Tim99
Right I HAVE missed my offer by a few ums points in one subject; but surpassed my other grades. I've contacted them and they have said that they would need to review the situation. (is this good?)

So I am in panic city at the min :'( I really could cry.

What are my chances.
It's good that they haven't rejected you outright. Unfortunately, they may not be able to make a decision either way until August, depending on which course and uni we are talking about, because of needing to see how the IB and A level students got on, Let's hope that they won't have to keep you waiting until then, but it is a possibility.

It's understandable that you're anxious - but you could use the time to be thinking through what your plan B is. This will give you a bit more control over what's happening, which will make you feel better.
I've had the worst luck over exam seasons for the past couple of years :/ but i've been so lucky to get an offer for medicine and i'm convinced i'm not going to get my grades :frown: if I don't .. any advice on what to do next year?
Really scared about english lit atm. Have no idea how to revise and the exam is in 3 weeks :/ Any tips?
Original post by confused dot com
Really scared about english lit atm. Have no idea how to revise and the exam is in 3 weeks :/ Any tips?

Oh my goodness, same here! Does one make notes...how so etcetc....???

I'm so scared for the exams though and it's all because of the A*AA Oxford offer....you can know your stuff really well but have an off day or a really weird paper and score an A.

Good luck for your exams, hopefully see you in Ox if we make the grades :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Chaofan88
Oh my goodness, same here! Does one make notes...how so etcetc....???

I'm so scared for the exams though and it's all because of the A*AA Oxford offer....you can know your stuff really well but have an off day or a really weird paper and score an A :frown:

Good luck for your exams, hopefully see you in Oxy if we make the grades :tongue:

Haha, same to you! I'm just regretting being lazy as there are 3 weeks left and I haven't done much revision for English :redface:
Reply 54
Freaking out over needing an A* sent me here..
Have a AAA offer for economics at Uni of Nottingham, stupid ICT exam probably (maybe not) leaves me with a B in ICT overall.

I contacted them, saying I could get A* (Maths), A* (Economics), B; they said pretty much, wait till August. Depending on the performance of other offer holders, there may or may not be places left and its doubtful there will be, as Eco is so competitive at Notts.

This uncertainty is ****ing with my head, I have no clear path ahead. And my insurance is BBB :/ (chose it only because fees are lower in N.I for me), but I really don't want to end up there.

All I can now think about is what I will be doing next year e.g on a gap year, resitting my modules, and sitting home pretty much all year, while friends are all at uni.

FML. What to do eh? and I still have my C3 and C4 maths exams left...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by dsinghdahiya257
Have a AAA offer for economics at Uni of Nottingham, stupid ICT exam probably (maybe not) leaves me with a B in ICT overall.

I contacted them, saying I could get A* (Maths), A* (Economics), B; they said pretty much, wait till August. Depending on the performance of other offer holders, there may or may not be places left and its doubtful there will be, as Eco is so competitive at Notts.

This uncertainty is ****ing with my head, I have no clear path ahead. And my insurance is BBB :/ (chose it only because fees are lower in N.I for me), but I really don't want to end up there.

All I can now think about is what I will be doing next year e.g on a gap year, resitting my modules, and sitting home pretty much all year, while friends are all at uni.

if you do end up with A*A*B you could go into clearing and still have a chance at persuading other top notch unis who want AAA/AAB to still accept you
Reply 57

Last year, someone at my school firmed Notts for Eco & French (if I'm not mistaken) and they got A*AB. They got in regardless. Hopefully it'll all work out and you may have got that A - you never know!
Original post by alexsasg
Last year, someone at my school firmed Notts for Eco & French (if I'm not mistaken) and they got A*AB. They got in regardless. Hopefully it'll all work out and you may have got that A - you never know!

For real? That's pumped up my hopes now a bit. Are you friends with that person?
Reply 59
For real? That's pumped up my hopes now a bit. Are you friends with that person?

I'm not friends with them, I just vaguely know them since they were in the year above me at school.

I just checked their facebook profile (I'm such a stalker, hah..) and they're definitely doing economics with french (and got in with A*AB). So yup, for real. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending