The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 07/08/2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nerd434
You can appeal for one individual section?

Sure can, it was done for me in maths last year when I had a 1:2. They appealed the 2 and it was put up to a 1, pointless in that case because the overall grade remained as a 1 but it was a nice gesture I s'pose :P
Good luck to you all :smile:
I sat Advanced Higher Biology, Chemistry and Maths and Higher History this year. I've done a pretty good job of not thinking about results day at all if I can help it, but considering how awful I was at revision this year (I let myself get distracted) I'm dreading it now. I know I won't have done as well as I did in the Prelims and I'm disappointed in myself. That said, last year I came out of the Higher Maths exam and cried, I thought it had gone so badly but I got the grade I wanted in the end so it all came out alright. :smile: Ideally I'd like an A1 in Biology and History, and an A2 in Chemistry and Maths but I don't think that's happened. If I get anything below a B I'll be annoyed with myself because I know I should've done better. Not saying a C is a bad grade, just that I'll be angry with myself if I do worse in my final exams than I did in my Prelims.
(edited 11 years ago)
12 days guys!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 64
Original post by anthonyfl
12 days guys!

Is that all? Jeez! This time next year I'll hopefully be starting uni :smile: Time seems to fly

Original post by Direct15
Is that all? Jeez! This time next year I'll hopefully be starting uni :smile: Time seems to fly

It's going slowly for me. x.x

I've been reading cheap/free eBooks and working my way through my parents DVD collection to pass time. :tongue:
Original post by sinfonietta

I've been reading cheap/free eBooks and working my way through my parents DVD collection to pass time. :tongue:

Me too. I don't dare to count the number of films I've watched this summer. And I'm only halfway through. *bangs head against wall*
Reply 67
Has anyone noticed the past papers aren't working on the sqa site ?

Note- if it doesn't work for you hold CTRL + F and type 2012! You will then find seven 2012.pdf files.

could this mean this years papers are being uploaded?!

Original post by BigChimp
Has anyone noticed the past papers aren't working on the sqa site ?

Note- if it doesn't work for you hold CTRL + F and type 2012! You will then find seven 2012.pdf files.

could this mean this years papers are being uploaded?!

They worked fine this morning. But you're right, they're not working now.
It would be great if they started uploading 2012 PP :biggrin:
I've noticed that since I got an unconditional, I no longer care about my exam results this year. :tongue:
Reply 70
awh I'm so nervous! I can't work out if I should start my personal statement yet (hopeful dentistry applicant) because I really don't think I got the grades but I don't want to waste my time :rolleyes:
Original post by rawragee
awh I'm so nervous! I can't work out if I should start my personal statement yet (hopeful dentistry applicant) because I really don't think I got the grades but I don't want to waste my time :rolleyes:

I want to apply for dentistry too! :biggrin: What were your standard grade results and prelim results?

Original post by sinfonietta

I've been reading free manga :fluffy: The 7th seems so, so far away though :cry:

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I've noticed that since I got an unconditional, I no longer care about my exam results this year. :tongue:

I wish I was in your place! :smile: Uncoditional for what and to where? :biggrin: I need a B at Higher :troll:
Original post by nerd434
What are you studying and where?

Original post by Quick-use

I wish I was in your place! :smile: Uncoditional for what and to where? :biggrin: I need a B at Higher :troll:

Medicine at Edinburgh... and well, there is one condition. That Disclosure Scotland confirm I'm not a murderer or paedophile or anything. I've never even had a slap on the wrist from the police, so I'm all good. :tongue:

One B at Higher? You got this, pal.

To go and study what?
Medicine at Edinburgh... and well, there is one condition. That Disclosure Scotland confirm I'm not a murderer or paedophile or anything. I've never even had a slap on the wrist from the police, so I'm all good. :tongue:

Wow, an unconditional for medicine! You must be very smart and also very happy. Well done!

Reply 75
Wow, an unconditional for medicine! You must be very smart and also very happy. Well done!

Agreed ! With above

I'm finding it hard to find other females who are applying for engineering(entry 2013) don't get me wrong I don't mind males but it would be nice to have maybe one or two other females in lectures :frown:

Original post by Quick-use
I've been reading free manga :fluffy: The 7th seems so, so far away though :cry:

I've been borrowing manga off my friend. She's currently doing an apprenticeship and only gets two weeks off this summer, so she doesn't mind me stealing all her books. Hehe.

Despite having an unconditional for my course next year (a HNC rather than a degree) I'm still anxious about my results. :tongue:
Original post by Direct15
Agreed ! With above

I'm finding it hard to find other females who are applying for engineering(entry 2013) don't get me wrong I don't mind males but it would be nice to have maybe one or two other females in lectures :frown:

My brother does engineering and there are a few other females who also do the course. One thing I do know, is that engineering is becoming more popular with females :smile:

Are any other people starting highers concerned they have forgotten a lot of their subjects? Like, for me, Maths and Chemistry knowledge has probably went right out of the window. Just there I was thinking of the neutralisation reactions and I was unsure of them! How on earth will I cope?

Reply 79
My brother does engineering and there are a few other females who also do the course. One thing I do know, is that engineering is becoming more popular with females :smile:

I was unsure because I am the only girl applying for engineering with about 6/7 boys most females focus on teaching and medicine or law in our school :frown: I felt alone for a moment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending