The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Nursing 2015 firms

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations to everyone that's got a place at Southampton! It really is a great uni, and you'll all love the course! X
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
I have been offered bsc adult nursing although they offered me the pgdip adult nursing too which will start feb 2016. I chose and firmed the pgdip one. :smile:
Original post by kohkohpops
Hi Everyone :smile:

I've been looking for discussions for those who may have had an offer at Southampton for Nursing 2015?
So excited to go to Uni as I have been given an offer for Adult brand and just thought to see who would be studying nursing with me, and whether you guys are taking up accommodation etc? :smile:

I've just firmed Southampton for child nursing, so excited 😁 haven't applied for accommodation yet, really stuck with where to apply to!
Reply 103
Ehat does the pgdip one mean?

I've been looking for discussions for those who may have had an offer at Southampton for Nursing 2015?
So excited to go to Uni as I have been given an offer for Adult brand and just thought to see who would be studying nursing with me, and whether you guys are taking up accommodation etc? :smile:

Hey guys! Congratulations!!!! I will be going into my 3rd year so if you have any questions then just let me know! We have set up a Facebook page for you called "nursing at Southampton 2015"

My name is Gemma Wilbraham and you can find me on Facebook!

Xxxx
Hey guys! Congratulations!!!! I will be going into my 3rd year so if you have any questions then just let me know! We have set up a Facebook page for you called "nursing at Southampton 2015"

Xxxx

Xxxx
Original post by N!*
Ehat does the pgdip one mean?

pgdip is post graduate diploma
Reply 108
How long does the course run for? When looking at accommodation contracts they run for 40 weeks and some of them 38 but I thought I read somewhere that the nursing course goes on for longer than that.
Original post by dnimm
How long does the course run for? When looking at accommodation contracts they run for 40 weeks and some of them 38 but I thought I read somewhere that the nursing course goes on for longer than that.

Only apply for a standard contract as you will be moving out into your new houses with your friends before your standard contract finishes anyway! You don't want to have to pay for 2 contracts for a few months :smile:
Hi guys, I've recently firmed Southampton for adult nursing. I've also applied for accommodation. I put archers road as my 1st choice, glen eyre as my second and Wessex lane as 3rd choice :smile:
Original post by magggie
Hi guys, I've recently firmed Southampton for adult nursing. I've also applied for accommodation. I put archers road as my 1st choice, glen eyre as my second and Wessex lane as 3rd choice :smile:

Hi Maggie, although my halls weren't Archers road, they were in the same area! If you have any questions about the area or how easy it is to get to uni/night life just let me know!

Sophie :smile:
Reply 112
Also! When do the occupational health and criminal records check happen? There's no info about it! Does the university organise it or do we go out and do it independently?
Hi future Nurses! We've set up a page for you to help find other nurses starting at Southampton this September! :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SotonNursing2015/
Reply 114

Hey, I've recently firmed my place at southampton to do adult nursing and I couldn't be more pleased. I am hopefully staying in mayflower
When did you have the interview and how long did it take for them to get back to you? I'm still waiting for news!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending