Biol 4: 58 Marks
Biol 5: 63 Marks

what grade do you guys reckon i got ?
Original post by dont leave blank
according to the unofficial mark scheme i got:

Don't trust the unofficial markscheme thought I would get an a last year looking at them ended up with a c
However that would be an a I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
Don't trust the unofficial markscheme thought I would get an a last year looking at them ended up with a c
However that would be an a I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile

True. 100% times they're usually wrong even when you have written the same thing as someone else, its usually wrong..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maggie43
True. 100% times they're usually wrong even when you have written the same thing as someone else, its usually wrong..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright thanks both

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unit 4 - A*/A
Unit 5 - B/A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know roughly how many extra marks a detailed plan would get you if didn't finish the essay ?
I completely forgot to say which essay title I'd chosen, and I don't even think I wrote it in my plan?! Do you think it will matter?!?

Use last years grade boundaries ( the grade boundaries won't change that drastically)
Reply 1228
Original post by JJ_98
Same I didnt like it but it was nicer than I thought it would be, I didnt get much time to revise so i thought i wouldnt be able to answer anything but i could. Also I just realised I forgot to put which essay q i was answering do you think that will be okay? :frown:

Yeah, I am sure that would be ok, because I'm pretty sure the examiner would be able to tell which essay question you answered from the content put in your answer, right?
For the one about the importance of maintaining core temp could you have talked about its effects on sweating and water loss?
Original post by Delvine
For the one about the importance of maintaining core temp could you have talked about its effects on sweating and water loss?

But sweating is a mechanism to maintain core body temperature

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dannyboyy0
Does anyone know roughly how many extra marks a detailed plan would get you if didn't finish the essay ?

**** knows. I didn't even write a plan. I just go in m8.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by dannyboyy0

Will just secure breadth marks
Theres 25 marks in the bin, for simply missing out the question reference!!!!!
I feel sorry for you.
Ok now being realistic... Stop being paranoid, the aqa examiners know a bit of biology (and stats and data) to know which topic you've chosen. Plus u made a mind map i guess
Original post by gcsekid
Theres 25 marks in the bin, for simply missing out the question reference!!!!!
I feel sorry for you.
Ok now being realistic... Stop being paranoid, the aqa examiners know a bit of biology (and stats and data) to know which topic you've chosen. Plus u made a mind map i guess

Bearing in mind you should have an introduction to your essay which states what you're talking about, I think the examiners will easily identify which essay you're writing about. My first sentence was something like 'Ions, although small, play a vital role in regulating biological processes.' - I think they'll guess which essay I went for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
With the extra paper I wrote 10b for the essay and continued my essay, then I wrote another question and the answer and then wrote 10b further along to write more for my essay is that accepted?
Original post by emma_1111
With the extra paper I wrote 10b for the essay and continued my essay, then I wrote another question and the answer and then wrote 10b further along to write more for my essay is that accepted?

Funnily enough I did this too, I did my conclusion on an extra piece of paper and then wrote another answer before thinking of something I could add to my conclusion so I had: 10b, 7a, 10b. The examiner will just pass the other question and continue reading your essay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1237
Does anyone have a copy of the paper?
Original post by dj3k
Does anyone have a copy of the paper?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4120615

It's here on the first post. Just scroll down a bit until you see the subtitle 'Exam Papers and Mark Schemes'. There's a collection of the papers. :smile:
Reply 1239
Original post by MoonVirgo
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4120615

It's here on the first post. Just scroll down a bit until you see the subtitle 'Exam Papers and Mark Schemes'. There's a collection of the papers. :smile:

Thank You! So I take it no one has the MS then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending