The Student Room Group

Medicine 2012 hopeful entrants II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurie:)

[QUOTE=laurie[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];35979217]my friend got me "the immortal life of henrietta lacks" for my birthday, which im pretty excited about :h:

:gah:
Original post by ViceVersa
:gah:

yeah its gonna be so good! just gotta finish a couple of my christmas books first :rolleyes:

Original post by apple17
Really, chemistry this year seems better for me esp cuz data response in bio got intense. :s-smilie:
Oh, true say, st.andrews is so pretty too, was going to apply there but hate the idea of moving around. :erm:
Aww, lucky, that is so cool. Have fun reading. :biggrin:

st andrews has this course where canadians can do their clinicals in canada irrc :smile: so it couldve been good for you!
chemistry is so hard :frown:

how did you find london?
Reply 3082
Original post by Revent
Yup :smile:
Yeah, it rains a lot here :p: Snow is epic but rare :sadnod:
:mmm: That's a lot of money! :eek: Didn't you buy an oyster?

Definitely not rare over here. :tongue:
I know, nope we just both 2 day pass thingies cuz oyster is not useful if we would only use it for 2 days right? :sadnod:
Reply 3083
yeah its gonna be so good! just gotta finish a couple of my christmas books first :rolleyes:

st andrews has this course where canadians can do their clinicals in canada irrc :smile: so it couldve been good for you!

how did you find london?

Ohh, true say.
It is definitely harder cuz more application and the method of prep is different but more interesting.
I LOVED london, esp the area around KCL, they had both starbucks and mc d's. :woo: and the tube is amazing. :daydreaming:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by apple17
Ohh, true say.
It is definitely harder cuz more application and the method of prep is different but more interesting.
I LOVED london, esp the area around KCL, they had both starbucks and mc d's. :woo: and the tube is amazing. :daydreaming:

ahhh when i went to starbucks after my interview i got a free drink :woo:

plus, i found out at the open day that theres a corridor linking the uni with mcdonalds! :biggrin:

london is awesome :biggrin:
Reply 3085
ahhh when i went to starbucks after my interview i got a free drink :woo:

plus, i found out at the open day that theres a corridor linking the uni with mcdonalds! :biggrin:

london is awesome :biggrin:

Hmph, how did you get a free drink. :eek: (jealous :tongue:)
What, that is simply awesome, I feel like if i do end up at KCL, I will become a serious fat ass.
I agree with that, I was so sad when I had to leave. :cry2:
Original post by apple17
Hmph, how did you get a free drink. :eek: (jealous :tongue:)
What, that is simply awesome, I feel like if i do end up at KCL, I will become a serious fat ass.
I agree with that, I was so sad when I had to leave. :cry2:

they were really busy so i had to wait 5 mins longer for my toastie so to apologise they gave me a voucher for a free drink :h: wooooop

so will i, but it will be worth it :biggrin:

make sure you come back then :biggrin:
Reply 3087
they were really busy so i had to wait 5 mins longer for my toastie so to apologise they gave me a voucher for a free drink :h: wooooop

so will i, but it will be worth it :biggrin:

make sure you come back then :biggrin:

Aww, thats so nice, over here, they just apologize but no vouchers or whatever.
Definitely worth it. :biggrin:
I know, I am keeping my fingers crossed and I am sure after I get the offer, I will fully put my mind to IB stuff to get the grades (that seems like another hurdle)
Original post by apple17
Aww, thats so nice, over here, they just apologize but no vouchers or whatever.
Definitely worth it. :biggrin:
I know, I am keeping my fingers crossed and I am sure after I get the offer, I will fully put my mind to IB stuff to get the grades (that seems like another hurdle)

i get what you mean, its so hard to concentrate on work whilst you're waiting to hear back!
Reply 3089
i get what you mean, its so hard to concentrate on work whilst you're waiting to hear back!

I know, atleast you only have UCAS, none of my canadian have given offers either. :s-smilie:
Reply 3090
Original post by apple17
Definitely not rare over here. :tongue:
I know, nope we just both 2 day pass thingies cuz oyster is not useful if we would only use it for 2 days right? :sadnod:

Oh right, forgot it was only for two days, but doesn't really matter since for an Oyster, you'd get the 5 pound deposit back at the end :p:
Reply 3091
Original post by Revent
Oh right, forgot it was only for two days, but doesn't really matter since for an Oyster, you'd get the 5 pound deposit back at the end :p:

Yeah, it was way too short. :cry2: Btw, every store had some version of chicken tikka, guess its a british fave? :lol:
Oh, I see, I didn't know that.
Reply 3092
Original post by apple17
Yeah, it was way too short. :cry2: Btw, every store had some version of chicken tikka, guess its a british fave? :lol:
Oh, I see, I didn't know that.

:mmm: Yeah, all the Brits love it :laugh:
Reply 3093

how did you find london?

It is quite interesting! I loved it :smile:
Reply 3094
Original post by Revent
:mmm: Yeah, all the Brits love it :laugh:

Figures. thought so. :lol:
It was pre funny cuz I went to an indian restaurant and a brit woman yelled cuz her tandoori chicken tasted so good. :mm:
Reply 3095
Original post by apple17
Figures. thought so. :lol:
It was pre funny cuz I went to an indian restaurant and a brit woman yelled cuz her tandoori chicken tasted so good. :mm:

:laugh: That's pretty common here. They LOVE curry especially :p:
Reply 3096
Original post by Revent
:laugh: That's pretty common here. They LOVE curry especially :p:

Now, I know the trick to bribery. :tongue:
Just feed them that. (a lot of it)
Reply 3097
Original post by apple17
Now, I know the trick to bribery. :tongue:
Just feed them that. (a lot of it)

It might work :wink: lol
Original post by Quackers93
Tbh I wouldn't worry too much about what people on here think, particularly the really arrogant idiots who post every answer and are convinced they are right and make you feel like crap. There will always be people who find it easy, and there will always be people who find it hard but chances are you're going to remember all the bad points, all the things you think you did wrong and not remember all the plus points.

It was a maths exam you did wasn't it? You'll still get marks for working remember :smile: and if worst comes to worst you'll still be able to resit in the summer :redface:

Yeah I know its not the end of the world yet, was just feeling really **** about everything yesterday so had to have a moan :L

But sadly I won't get method marks if I didn't write anything at all.. hahaa
Original post by Vulpes
I have a TSR hater :frown:

What does that even mean? haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending