The Student Room Group

If you don't revise you'll end up..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by thetobbit
It just annoys me the masses upon masses of people going to uni simply cause they can/want to, to do a course which will have no real benefit to their career at all.

If you work hard, you should be allowed to go to uni

Its when someone says "Im going to such-and-such uni to do Sports management and i need 2 B's." And you're screaming in your head "maybe you're not suited to uni" --> you're skills could be used so much more effectively in another pursuit like an electrician etc (which for the record im very jealous of as when they drive past their own car, while i'm still struggling with student debts)

Uni should be academics and hard-workers, not a 3 year holiday.

The post-Blair era of everyone is special and should be able to whatever they want has had a large impact on this.

Yes but to get high up in the industry you will need a degree. I don't think you can judge other people on their choices.

It is definitely important to know the theory behind what you are doing in any industry- knowledge you can get from uni.
Reply 41
Original post by Miracle Day
In terms of jobs and salary prospects, we are.

I wouldn't be so sure of yourself until you are a graduate from a top uni with a high-flying job. It's good you have high ambitions, but don't think you're above minimum wage jobs just yet because you're not.
Original post by StrawberryKoi

Is is bad that I got genuinely excited thinking this was Sherlock in a box?

:getmecoat:
Original post by Ra Ra
I know this sounds horrible, but I actually printed off a picture of London Met and put it on my wall, so everytime I look at it I have this sudden urge to revise.

I'm an awful, awful person :frown:

wouldn't it make more sense to have a picture of the place you WANT to go to instead?

its not like london met is your ONLY alternative if you miss out on your grades
Reply 45
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
I wouldn't be so sure of yourself until you are a graduate from a top uni with a high-flying job. It's good you have high ambitions, but don't think you're above minimum wage jobs just yet because you're not.

Well, I'm aiming for a high Uni so .. :s
Original post by Miracle Day
Well, I'm aiming for a high Uni so .. :s

Okay, but that doesn't make you better than someone working on minimum wage. Going to a top uni doesn't guarantee you a top job. You're just another graduate in a long line, you need so much more than just going to a good uni to set yourself apart. Having the "I'm better than you cos I went to a top 20 uni" attitude will get you nowhere.

Plenty of graduates are struggling to find any job, let alone a job in a supermarket.
(edited 12 years ago)
This chair:

Reply 48
I didn't revise as much as I should have so ended up at my second choice, which coincidentally turned out to be way better than the first choice. Ended up getting a job in a great city with great people around me.

Moral: Don't revise!
Reply 49
Original post by Top Gear is gay
My mate went to and graduate at uni, Now works for ASDA

Yeh well... My mate Dave went to and graduate from uni, Now works for Morrison's part-time, even gets staff discount at the weekends now(won't catch me bragging on here though m8)
Reply 50
Original post by keyboard-warrior
wouldn't it make more sense to have a picture of the place you WANT to go to instead?

its not like london met is your ONLY alternative if you miss out on your grades

Not really, given that I have little to no idea of where I want to go.

I know it's not my ONLY alternative. It is however, one of the bleakest, most depressing, horrific looking universities I have ever seen:

Reply 51
Can't believe noone has posted this one

If I don't revise I'll end up stuck in Northern Ireland for another year :nooo:
THIS .........

job-centre-415x423.jpg
Reply 55
Reply 56
As much as doing well in alevels and then going to university is what the vast majority want to do on this forum. Not doing well in your alevels is not the end of the world, you can retake them for another year and reapply for uni (I did this, I couldnt resit my alevels due to new specification so did an alevel-in-a-year and got the grades to go uni) OR you can try looking for a job and get experience to get better jobs. Just sayin'
End up dead
I don't want to think about it tbh
Original post by bmqib
This :smile:

and also hot girls at uni

Not all unis have hot girls

Quick Reply

Latest