Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
nov15111990
Hi
I'm thinking of coming to Lancaster uni to study english and music.

i came for an interview, but was unable to make the open day, so don't much that much about it, and what people really think of it. can anyone help please??!

also, what are the music facilities like?! are there lots of ensembles that i can join?? i play the flute and just started the violin by the way.

thanks

Hi. You can play your flute in the Music Society Wind Band (non-auditioning) and you can audition for the Symphony Orcestra, if you want. I think you could play your violin with the orchestra without an audition (i'm not certain though) but if you've only just started playing this might be a bit too hard... Erm, not sure what other opportunities there are - I played flute in Wind Band, but that was the extent of my involvement in the society. Anyway, hope this helps!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 281
*banana
Hi. You can play your flute in the Music Society Wind Band (non-auditioning) and you can audition for the Symphony Orchestra, if you want. I think you could play your violin with the orchestra without an audition (i'm not certain though) but if you've only just started playing this might be a bit too hard... Erm, not sure what other opportunities there are - I played flute in Wind Band, but that was the extent of my involvement in the society. Anyway, hope this helps!

Yep, for stringed instruments I think it's non-auditioning or something. All other bands I've put in a previous post.
Reply 282
AAB- sociolinguistics with year abroad :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending