The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sockpirate
Facebook :cool: 'like' their page, and every tuesday they give out a code-word which does something different every week - this week is the only week its been worth bothering so far though. Would definitely advocate going today - so much sushi for so little money! You could have 5 free pink plates, which is worth £19.50 - I originally thought they'd take the cheapest ones off, and that you'd have to spend over £10 after the 5 got taken away, but nope!

Excellent. Going to go with a friend this afternoon. :smile: How exactly do you do it?
Original post by Athena

Original post by Athena
Whenever I think I've been a TSR member too long, I think of people like Visesh :p:

I've been on TSR for two months longer than Visesh :o:
Original post by ukdragon37
Excellent. Going to go with a friend this afternoon. :smile: How exactly do you do it?

OK, so here are the T&C http://www.yosushi.com/offers/social-tuesdays-week-3
Basically go, as you're being shown you your seat, just mention that you want to use the offer, and say 'karaoke', just to be safe (although they'll probably just tell you that it all gets done at the tills), eat whatever you like (but not red/grey/yellow plates, not that there are ever any of those on the belt anyway!) - T&C say you can only take stuff off the belt, but they'd never know if you ordered, since there's no difference in the plates so they can't tell once you get to the till.
Anyway, eat whatever, get your plates counted like normal, and go to pay - when you're paying, say karaoke to the dude on the checkout, and they take off the price of 5 plates - when I was there there were taking off the most expensive ones, so we had 2 pink, 4 purple, 2 green plates between us, and only got charged for 1 purple and 2 green, which was a grand total of £6.30 for £22.80 'worth' of sushi, but, as I said, if they're doing it the same as earlier, you could technically save up to £19.50 if you got 5 pink plates :smile:

Oh, and just remember that they charge you for stupid things like cup usage, (think it's like £1 for use of a cup for water or something outrageous), so if you want to save more money, just don't drink whilst you're there :laugh:

EDIT: AH, reading the T&C, looks like they've clarified it slightly and it's now the cheapest 5 plates free. Could still go and just hope that news hasn't filtered through to the stores yet - pretty certain it was always meant to be that, just people working on the tills are either being nice, or didn't understand...
(edited 12 years ago)
Basically go, as you're being shown you your seat, just mention that you want to use the offer, and say 'karaoke', just to be safe (although they'll probably just tell you that it all gets done at the tills), eat whatever you like (but not red/grey/yellow plates, not that there are ever any of those on the belt anyway!) - T&C say you can only take stuff off the belt, but they'd never know if you ordered, since there's no difference in the plates so they can't tell once you get to the till.
Anyway, eat whatever, get your plates counted like normal, and go to pay - when you're paying, say karaoke to the dude on the checkout, and they take off the price of 5 plates - when I was there there were taking off the most expensive ones, so we had 2 pink, 4 purple, 2 green plates between us, and only got charged for 1 purple and 2 green, which was a grand total of £6.30 for £22.80 'worth' of sushi, but, as I said, if they're doing it the same as earlier, you could technically save up to £19.50 if you got 5 pink plates :smile:

Oh, and just remember that they charge you for stupid things like cup usage, (think it's like £1 for use of a cup for water or something outrageous), so if you want to save more money, just don't drink whilst you're there :laugh:

EDIT: AH, reading the T&C, looks like they've clarified it slightly and it's now the cheapest 5 plates free. Could still go and just hope that news hasn't filtered through to the stores yet - pretty certain it was always meant to be that, just people working on the tills are either being nice, or didn't understand...

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by Zoedotdot
Chatter away Camchatters!

Had to go and get my washing out of the washing machine in order to continue packing and couldn't wait around any longer to shut the old thread :p:

Full credit to Slumpy for the depressingly nerdy title :cool:

You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!

I will give you personal rep for including that amazing clip of Dragon Ball Z :biggrin:
Reply 65
Original post by Teaddict
You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!

I will give you personal rep for including that amazing clip of Dragon Ball Z :biggrin:

Lol cheers, I only included it to educate people who didn't know the meme but I appreciate the rep :p:
Reply 66
I've done almost nothing with my two days off :sad:
Reply 67
Original post by Zoedotdot
Lol cheers, I only included it to educate people who didn't know the meme but I appreciate the rep :p:

I love that meme; I love the original anime as well but :biggrin:

Enjoy the rep.

Just been :biggrin: Me and a mate just got 14 plates in total for £14. They took 5 plates each off us and they were doing the most expensive first. I got 4 pinks and 1 purple for free. Such a steal. :biggrin:
Reply 69
Original post by Mrs Cullen

Stalking wise-I just discovered that I have 3 mutual friends with your brother:ninja:
(This is less stalkerish than it sounds, I saw his name on someone's status and recognised the surname so checked:p:)
Original post by Slumpy
Stalking wise-I just discovered that I have 3 mutual friends with your brother:ninja:
(This is less stalkerish than it sounds, I saw his name on someone's status and recognised the surname so checked:p:)

Haha, got scared there for a minute! I'm guessing you have some friends at Durham? Can't think what the link would be otherwise. (Although of course one of them is me...)

EDIT: (After procrastination via stalking... You went to school with MAW, but can't figure out how you know CB...)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 71
Haha, got scared there for a minute! I'm guessing you have some friends at Durham? Can't think what the link would be otherwise. (Although of course one of them is me...)

Yeah, 2 guys at durham, one from school, another one I met when visiting the first. Glad to induce some non-exam fear once in a while I reckon:p:
Original post by Slumpy
Yeah, 2 guys at durham, one from school, another one I met when visiting the first. Glad to induce some non-exam fear once in a while I reckon:p:

Excellent. Glad to see that even if my language skills clearly aren't up to scratch, my stalking ones certainly are!
Reply 73
Excellent. Glad to see that even if my language skills clearly aren't up to scratch, my stalking ones certainly are!

As should've become clear by now, that's the thing that counts here:p:
Reply 74
Original post by Supermerp

The e-fit of the guy is awful. We have it up in college, and it looks like a woman in a hijab.

I wanted to re-post my comments from the last thread where I gave advice about this, but I'm having trouble finding it. Basically if you think you're being followed or don't feel safe, call the police. They'd rather deal with ten people who think they're being followed than one person actually being attacked. If you don't feel you can justify calling 999, you can call the Cambridgeshire non-emergency number - 0345 456 4564. Also (as the email says) don't be afraid to head to a Porters' Lodge. In fact, it's probably one of the best things you can do. And have your own colleges Porters' Lodge phone number saved in your phone too! :smile:
Reply 75
Original post by brimstone
The e-fit of the guy is awful. We have it up in college, and it looks like a woman in a hijab.

I wanted to re-post my comments from the last thread where I gave advice about this, but I'm having trouble finding it. Basically if you think you're being followed or don't feel safe, call the police. They'd rather deal with ten people who think they're being followed than one person actually being attacked. If you don't feel you can justify calling 999, you can call the Cambridgeshire non-emergency number - 0345 456 4564. Also (as the email says) don't be afraid to head to a Porters' Lodge. In fact, it's probably one of the best things you can do. And have your own colleges Porters' Lodge phone number saved in your phone too! :smile:

Thanks, I'm saving that number now! :smile:
Anyone watch panorama tonight? Heavy stuff...
Reply 77
So apparently I would make a really good wife because I am beautiful like the sun and speak three languages. Taxi driver, you have made my day :p:
Original post by Tortious
I know that colleges don't always inform their students as soon as they receive information.

We never seem to get information about the attacker. I don't know if it's because we're in the city centre and less likely than most to be in the areas he was in but I'd feel a lot happier if the college did tell us these things...
Reply 79
Original post by gethsemane342
We never seem to get information about the attacker. I don't know if it's because we're in the city centre and less likely than most to be in the areas he was in but I'd feel a lot happier if the college did tell us these things...

I can forward it to you if you like - I sent it to Zoe via PM last night and then Alex posted it on the thread, so it's around somewhere (not sure if you've seen it). I thought it unlikely he'd be up at our end since he used to be near Selwyn, but clearly you never know...although I suppose the college was already keeping an eye out since we have hostels in Selwyn Gardens.

Anyway, I'm glad I passed it on. Zoe told her friends, one of whom happens to be their JCR President who raised it with Emma's Master at their meeting, which is particularly fortunate since a number of them go home via Botolph Lane late at night. It definitely gave me good karma for today's exam!

Latest

Trending

Trending