The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

(edited 10 years ago)
Starting to worry I've had no acknowlgements :frown: application was sent on 6/10, and I've heard nada from the universities.
Reply 42
Original post by mpc1
Are you a re-applicant or first time applicant?

Some of them (first time applicants) were able to get into track RIGHT after applying.

first time applicant :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by maths134
first time applicant :smile:

At what time was your application sent off?

Typically, should be possible to log into track with the ucas user name, pwd and ucas ID.
Reply 44
Original post by mpc1
At what time was your application sent off?

Typically, should be possible to log into track with the ucas user name, pwd and ucas ID.

It was sent off at about 6pm today.
Reply 45
Original post by joshgoldman
Who on earth gets an offer within 48 hours?!??!!?!
It happens. One year it was Manchester that kept sending out really swift offers for all sorts of courses, the next year it was Sheffield.
Reply 46
Original post by thompsonic7
Starting to worry I've had no acknowlgements :frown: application was sent on 6/10, and I've heard nada from the universities.
Some unis never send acknowledgements at all, so don't worry.
Reply 47
Original post by Minerva
It happens. One year it was Manchester that kept sending out really swift offers for all sorts of courses, the next year it was Sheffield.

As per some of the posts, last year this time, there seems to be more number of offers in 2010 around this time!

Any idea why ? rather why not this year yet?
Reply 48
Original post by mpc1
As per some of the posts, last year this time, there seems to be more number of offers in 2010 around this time!

Any idea why ? rather why not this year yet?
Nope - except that it may be that unis are being a bit more cautious about sending out early offers than they used to be. I agree with you, though - there's usually more to report by this stage!
Reply 49
Original post by Minerva
Nope - except that it may be that unis are being a bit more cautious about sending out early offers than they used to be. I agree with you, though - there's usually more to report by this stage!

for what?
Reply 50
Original post by mpc1
for what?
Huh? Do you mean, which courses? My comment was generic - unis have found themselves in previous years having made 'too many' offers too soon, so perhaps they are taking their time this year, waiting to see what comes in by the end of October, for instance.
Original post by thompsonic7

I wouldn't worry too much, universities like to take there time.

What did you apply for? And where?
Thank you. Your payment has been accepted and your application has been sent to your referee.

:woo: Nearly there, then the long wait begins :redface:
Just logged into UCAS using the method in the OP, despite a couple of acknowledgments I've received, track doesn't show this. Is that right? Just blank with the choices.

I assume it only changes once you get an offer/rejection.
Reply 54
Original post by TotalLifeForever
Just logged into UCAS using the method in the OP, despite a couple of acknowledgments I've received, track doesn't show this. Is that right? Just blank with the choices.

I assume it only changes once you get an offer/rejection.

It's right; don't worry.
Original post by stifa
It's right; don't worry.

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 56
ZOMG Got acknowledgments from Kings, Leicester, St. Andrews and QMUL....but nothing from Newcastle?! :O I think i'm panicking too much lol. I have a long wait ahead of me...I've applied to medicine haha.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 57
Come on Manchester, give me an offer. You know you want to :colone:
Reply 58
Original post by Med_Geek
ZOMG Got acknowledgments from Kings, Leicester, St. Andrews and QMUL....but nothing from Newcastle?! :O I think i'm panicking too much lol. I have a long wait ahead of me...I've applied to medicine haha.

I've only had 3 out of 5 replies, and I applied last Friday! Don't worry, I don't think some unis even send acknowledgements! :smile:
Original post by Minerva

Yeah, before that offers thread got derailed and closed, there were a few people with Manchester offers in there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending