The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skinroll
Had my interview at South Bank yesterday and got an offer today :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm amazed, it was a tough interview.

I have Kings next week then I have to make a decision. :confused:

I have my South Bank on 21st March. Absolutely cacking it, and now I'm cacking it even more!! Weren't too nervous when I read a post that its very informal and the staff are really lovely, but after seeing this I'm ready to die. lol

Anyone else heard back from LSBU today?
Reply 1761
I am waiting to hear back from Lsbu for child nursing. Did they email you. I hope my interview is not on the 21st march coz I have already got an interview with another uni on that day.
Reply 1762
Original post by sontai
ohh yehh the cv! i dont even know what i'm going to write and how! it's so hard all this!! the website they suggested on there email is so crap, you have to oay to get help with your cv! i don't know how im going to write it! :frown: x

So i have an itnerview at UWL on friday.. have an extended cv for them... going to see what they say about it etc... and then reflect upon how i can make it better etc for bucks...
urgh so worried though as i have an insane month coming up.... and i really want to be able to prepare for bucks :frown:
I think the only advice I coudl give you on interviews is be yourself and read aroudn nursing...
If you are right for the role... they'll know! x
Reply 1763
Original post by Quiet:)
same as me haven't got a reply from them. Just have to wait but my tutor said that you are most likely to hear from your choices around the beginning and the end of march. good luck :smile:

I have had an interview and offer from them...
I think they have a lot of candidates to get through as they're currently number 1 for nursing in the uk... they took over Kings last year... so lol!
The interview they had like 30 people perhaps do the tests... but only about 10 got through to interview stage...
so you have to bare in mind they can only call a few for interview at one time x
Hi does anyone know if it's normal to have an interview & still be waiting almost 3 weeks for a response? I can't figure out if this is a good thing or not :redface: but the waiting is killing me!! xx
Reply 1765
Original post by Jesse-dee
(still havent heard from uwl..hmmm)
at bucks it takes about 5-6 hours. You go straight for the tests which are really not that bad. But they kept saying throughout the tests don't worry too much as they aren't too fussed about how good you are at maths :/ if you can, theres a book on amazon called how to master nursing calculations. (an orange book). its great! if you work through that the maths tests will be easy!
We then had some question and answers in the hall, then we got called into our groups. everyone went to the group interviews, no one was sent home. The groups were about 5-6 people. Then some people didnt get called to an individual interview, but was told this isnt a good or a bad thing. They gave us 10 working days to hear from them but I heard in 2.

Did you get made an offer? What nursing field did you apply for? x
Original post by glf2110
Now you have to choose Halls. :biggrin:

Any recommendations? :smile:
Original post by janbal
I am waiting to hear back from Lsbu for child nursing. Did they email you. I hope my interview is not on the 21st march coz I have already got an interview with another uni on that day.

Yep I got an email this morning, from 'Daniel Cottington'
Not sure when you processed your application, but mine got received and processed on 10th Jan
Hi I'm attending an open day next (wed the 15th) for childrens nursing, is anybody else attending or attended for either nursing or midwifery? Soo nervous this is the uni I really want! I have a conditional offer from LSBU so I've got a back up plan because I really want to study in London!! :smile:
Reply 1769
Has anybody else had a problem with the links provided in the Middlesex interview registration confirmation emails?
Reply 1770
Original post by JadeLucas
Yep I got an email this morning, from 'Daniel Cottington'
Not sure when you processed your application, but mine got received and processed on 10th Jan

Sorry I accidently pressed on the thumbs down button on ur above post.

I have submitted my application on the 15 th December and I am still waiting. Maybe I shud email the admission next week and ask what's going on. Good luck wid ur interview!!
Reply 1771
Original post by petebuckson

Original post by petebuckson
nursing is for people who aren't smart enough to do medicine lol u mad bro?

Actually I think you'll find that nursing is a respected profession for people who want to give their time, effort and care for a living, and a lot of qualified nurses end up studying medicine once they're qualified. Let's see where you are next time you're in accident and emergency and want a friendly face to reassure and look after you.
Reply 1772
Original post by Vsparrow

Original post by Vsparrow
Yeah i'm doing biology geography and english language. I live near Cambridge and i'm not 100% yet because still got interviews at nottingham and leeds, but it is highly likely :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: so exciting but a bit scary! do you think you will? Do you wanna do adult nursing? xxx

Hey guys! I've got a conditional from university of Birmingham for nursing too, I think it's going to be my first choice, so excited, currently doing my a levels :3 xxx
Reply 1773
Congratulations!! X
Reply 1774
Original post by ttotheay
Hey guys! I've got a conditional from university of Birmingham for nursing too, I think it's going to be my first choice, so excited, currently doing my a levels :3 xxx

Well done!! Where else hav you applie for? Xx
Reply 1775
Original post by SoftMusk
emailed bfd as they said i would hear by february, waitin for reply..im losing hope especially becoz ppl who had interview AFTER me have already got offers!!! :frown:

When was your interview?
My bradford interview was in the begining of November and apart from the aplicant's login I've not heared a peep. Then again, I've applied for childrens nursing, they said the same thing, that I'd hear in February. Try not to worry too much, we'll hear something soon.
Reply 1776
Original post by Lydia7288
Same, adult. where else have you applied? I've had an interview at cardiff and have one at swansea on the 22nd x

Cool! I got an interview at UWE Gloucester tomorrow, Swansea next Wednesday and then Glamorgan on the weeked! x
Reply 1777
Original post by SoftMusk
emailed bfd as they said i would hear by february, waitin for reply..im losing hope especially becoz ppl who had interview AFTER me have already got offers!!! :frown:

i emailed them and they said that it might take up to march until i get an offer, my interview was way back in november! :frown:
Just got an offer from Northumbria after waiting about a month after interview - YES! :biggrin:
Reply 1779
Original post by emmacymru

Original post by emmacymru
Yeah I had mine two weeks ago :smile: they're so lovely there and ask the normal questions like 'why this uni.. why this branch?' etc. good luck :smile: where else have you applied? xx

really? ahh thats not bad then :smile: i'm so nervous though :frown: i really want to get in.. Ive applied to Keele, Chester, Bangor and Swansea. where have you? X x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending