The Student Room Group

How to get a body like these guys ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BonjournoDeano
If you went up to one of them and said i admire your physique, what do you think is going through his head?

''that guy admires my physique, all that lifting and dieting was worth it after all"

at a guess... of course it depends on the tone of your initial approach, you could easily make it sound gay but it's easy to make it not sound gay too.
Reply 101
Original post by Rossshaw
A lot of people with nice bodies are jerks though. Because they spend so long thinking about themselves and how they look. It sort of snowballs. And there is no real secret to getting that body. Like people have said. 2 years of a reasonably good bulking diet with heavy lifting and protein and whatnot and then a nice clean cut at the end (still keeping protein intake high, reducing carb intake and still lifting heavy but doing cardio during rest days) and you will look something similar to that. Minus the fake tan haha!

True, I'm sure a lot are arrogant jerks.
Tbh I'm looking to be spoon-fed information cos I have no idea which heavy lifting routine is good and what things I should avoid. Starting strength seems to be referenced a lot in these forums but I havent actually seen pictures of someone who has used it.
Reply 102
Original post by A Perfect Circle
I would feel more than safe being caressed by those magnificent shoulders.

No homo.

no homo cannot save you from that one.

how do shoulders caress?
tbh I prefer the girls bodies (legs) outside gilly hicks...
Original post by martin jol
''that guy admires my physique, all that lifting and dieting was worth it after all"

at a guess... of course it depends on the tone of your initial approach, you could easily make it sound gay but it's easy to make it not sound gay too.

So you do agree its possible to take it 2 ways.
Its not my fault for taking it the gay way :closedeyes:
Original post by BonjournoDeano
So you do agree its possible to take it 2 ways.
Its not my fault for taking it the gay way :closedeyes:

Your entire post sounds rather homoerotic
Answer to your question - not by asking around on TSR. Start working out you pussy, stuff like that takes time. You ain't gonna suddenly wake up with a six, BRO
The one in the picture with his arm aloft could do me any day of the week. :colondollar:

Do me a training regime, obviously. :colone:
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
The one in the picture with his arm aloft could do me any day of the week. :colondollar:

Do me a training regime, obviously. :colone:

Three of them have their arm aloft.

Foursome?
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
Three of them have their arm aloft.

Foursome?

I meant the one rightmost in the photo.

And, nah, just me and him. :biggrin:
Reply 110
Original post by Einheri
This is where you turned gay. :biggrin:

Seriously ? Do they not have good abs and chest and shoulders?

I'm more than comfortable enough in my sexuality to be able to admit when I think a guy has an impressive physique, it motivates me to work harder to be like that :smile:
Reply 111
Original post by Luxray
. Starting strength seems to be referenced a lot in these forums but I havent actually seen pictures of someone who has used it.

Yeah that's one of the things I was thinking about, and what made me ask this question. I see and hear people go on a bulking diet to get their strength up, but then it seems like they just balloon out, get really fat and go a square shape cos they develop gigantic legs doing squat/deadlift.

I don't ever want one of those square physiques with every single part of the body being thick and massive, I simply want a 'beach body' with good arms, well-defined chest and shoulders and a nice stomach. Looks far more healthy and athletic, and not so ape-like. (to me)
Reply 112
Original post by Like a BAWS
Yeah that's one of the things I was thinking about, and what made me ask this question. I see and hear people go on a bulking diet to get their strength up, but then it seems like they just balloon out, get really fat and go a square shape cos they develop gigantic legs doing squat/deadlift.

I don't ever want one of those square physiques with every single part of the body being thick and massive, I simply want a 'beach body' with good arms, well-defined chest and shoulders and a nice stomach. Looks far more healthy and athletic, and not so ape-like. (to me)

point out any gym-goers that have massive legs.

noone does squats or deadlifts.

not being rude, but you will always look square because u have large hips, u will never taper at the waist like your typical fitness model.

funnily enough your muscles dont do from 0-10 in one jump, they grow fery slowly, and if you dont want to get any bigger you change the routine, doing a routine wont make u too big or blocky...

what? it is the upper body that makes you look 'ape-like' particularly if you dont work ur back proberly (which since you didnt mention it im guessing u wouldnt) because your chest is much shronger it pulls your shoulders forward.
Reply 113

Same here, I just want a typical beach body, nothing too big. Just lean and able to 'fill' a t-shirt.
Reply 114
Original post by sconter
point out any gym-goers that have massive legs.

noone does squats or deadlifts.

not being rude, but you will always look square because u have large hips, u will never taper at the waist like your typical fitness model.

funnily enough your muscles dont do from 0-10 in one jump, they grow fery slowly, and if you dont want to get any bigger you change the routine, doing a routine wont make u too big or blocky...

what? it is the upper body that makes you look 'ape-like' particularly if you dont work ur back proberly (which since you didnt mention it im guessing u wouldnt) because your chest is much shronger it pulls your shoulders forward.

Nearly everyone recommends a programme involving squats or deadlifts when people first start? How do you know if I have big hips or not ?

Thanks, I never would have known that muscles don't go 0-10 in one jump :rolleyes: But if you train in different ways, you get different results.

I know that, I wasn't just on about the legs when I said ape-like, I meant all over. I wouldnt want the kind of body where someone looks like they have gigantic muscle covered over every part of their body :smile: Yes thank you for that, I probably should have mentioned back too, although I don't really consider back much atm, since you never really see it much, would pull-ups alone be sufficient for the back, in your opinion ?
Original post by Luxray
Same here, I just want a typical beach body, nothing too big. Just lean and able to 'fill' a t-shirt.

Hah. Once you start you will start wanting more and more.

150 was my initial goal. Once I got there 160 started looking good. Then 170. Then 180. Now I'm looking at 200lbs, and I guarantee once I get there, I won't be happy.
And that's probably when I'll hop on the juicy juice
Reply 116
Nearly everyone recommends a programme involving squats or deadlifts when people first start? How do you know if I have big hips or not ? i can tell by your body structure (this is OP right, if not never mind) squats and deadlifts are needed u said u dont want to look like one of those people with huge legs and blocky, but those people dont exist, unless u are talking about pros, which u will never look like, and u wont look like over night, so once uve reached a certain size, u change the leg work you do

Thanks, I never would have known that muscles don't go 0-10 in one jump :rolleyes: But if you train in different ways, you get different results.

I know that, I wasn't just on about the legs when I said ape-like, I meant all over. I wouldnt want the kind of body where someone looks like they have gigantic muscle covered over every part of their bodyu say u understand muscle doesnt occur doesnt happen over night, so u know this wouldnt happen :smile: Yes thank you for that, I probably should have mentioned back too, although I don't really consider back much atm, since you never really see it much, would pull-ups alone be sufficient for the back, in your opinion ?please be trolling, if you continue with this mentality, you are going to fail

6bhgbf
Reply 117
Original post by Aisha~~
Hah. Once you start you will start wanting more and more.

150 was my initial goal. Once I got there 160 started looking good. Then 170. Then 180. Now I'm looking at 200lbs, and I guarantee once I get there, I won't be happy.
And that's probably when I'll hop on the juicy juice

I honestly do think I will stop wanting more lol I'm a short guy (5ft 5) so getting bigger would not be a good look on me :redface:
Reply 118
Original post by sconter
6bhgbf

I am the OP, but I haven't uploaded any pics of myself :confused:

And I'm not trolling. Whilst I understand maintaining the back is important, I don't actually want or care about having a big, muscular back. In fact tbh I think they look really weird and ugly a lot of the time. Hence why I asked if pull-ups are enough just to maintain an okay back ?

I would disagree with you if you think this means I have a mentality thats doomed to fail. Im sure there are many bodybuilders who have bodyparts they simply don't care about building, perhaps calves or whatever. I don't want people to think I only care about chest arms and abs, I know perfectly well the importance of back, delts, etc etc but just keeping it simple, and matching the dudes in the pic who haven't got technically incredible bodies, they've just obviously done the basics well :smile:
Reply 119
I am the OP, but I haven't uploaded any pics of myself :confused:

And I'm not trolling. Whilst I understand maintaining the back is important, I don't actually want or care about having a big, muscular back. In fact tbh I think they look really weird and ugly a lot of the time. Hence why I asked if pull-ups are enough just to maintain an okay back ?

I would disagree with you if you think this means I have a mentality thats doomed to fail. Im sure there are many bodybuilders who have bodyparts they simply don't care about building, perhaps calves or whatever. I don't want people to think I only care about chest arms and abs, I know perfectly well the importance of back, delts, etc etc but just keeping it simple, and matching the dudes in the pic who haven't got technically incredible bodies, they've just obviously done the basics well :smile:

i must be thinking of another thread where the op uploaded a pic :s-smilie: sure it was this one.

Quick Reply

Latest