The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Arsey

SO annoyed. I made one teeny tiny error on 8c and got the wrong x.

seeing as 8d and e follow on from c's answer...how many marks would I lose for doing the correct method and everything just wrong values? Would it be :

1) all the marks for just getting it wrong
2) I'd get one out of two for each d and e for method marks
or 3) error carried forward so wouldn't lose marks on d and e, just c?

nobody's helping me :frown: can you? :biggrin:
Reply 181
Original post by niklasR
Hi.. (waiting for model answers :wink:)
I think it was ok, but I was re-taking. Our L6 was complaining about the logs in question 2.. but that's them :biggrin:

Anyway, in question 3 for the perimeter of the sector I forgot to add the radius, so basically I calculated jsut the arc length (as 9.28).
And in question 6 I only got 0°, 39.2° & 90°, and not the other two solutions.
How many marks would I have dropped there? I'm hoping for 90UMS, and if that's it, it should be alright, shouldn't it?

Thanks (also to Arsey for providing this!)

Nik

Why make it complicated with the sector. You had the radius and theeta. so simply use P = r (2+theeta), which was one of the forumulas in the c2 book.
P = 5 (2+1.855) = 19.275
Reply 182
Original post by Arsey
2 I would say

Q6. Same method and same answers apart from one: got x=39.3 because it said to 1 dp where it was 78.5/2. Would I lose a mark?

Q7b. Same values and method but got 1.4965. Would this still get all the marks?

Thank you so much for all of your help once again :smile:
Reply 183
Original post by happ
june boundaries tend to be lower so might even be an a

I would say there is 0% chance 62 will be enough for an A. Definitely a B I would say.
The examiners don't set the paper to catch you out. They want to test your ability to respond to a question, and in order to do so, you have to actually read the question properly. A triangle is not a sector; sectors have an arc
Reply 185
Original post by Arsey
That method is fine.

I have found using areas of common shapes leads to more students getting right. Curve - method is generally a bloodbath.

Hey Arsey thanks a lot

...i just had a few questions....for the integration i used the wrong limits completely (they werent from the answer before). how many marks would i lose for that?...and for the perimeter of the sector i worked out triangle...how many would i lose for that?

pls reply,,
Reply 186
I did not include 90 degrees since I thought it wasn't an option. However I did include the 0 and 180 plus the 2 cos degrees (can't remember what they are now). Will I get full marks?

Bump?
Reply 187
OOMGGGGGGGGGGGG I FEEL LIKE THE DUMBESSSTTTTT ONE NOW
- 7B. trapezium rule: how can i use h = 1/5 ?
- 8D. and great i substitute the x to the differentiated one instead of the actual area.
- 5B. also i have NO idea how i got my area of the curve thingee wrong. omg how did i use my calculator :/ :/
- proof can just go & marry the Sn !

i don't see any A now ):
Reply 188
Original post by kingtaco
Q6. Same method and same answers apart from one: got x=39.3 because it said to 1 dp where it was 78.5/2. Would I lose a mark?

Q7b. Same values and method but got 1.4965. Would this still get all the marks?

Thank you so much for all of your help once again :smile:

Yes you will lose an accuracy mark

Should be okay but Mathematically dodgy.
It's hard to say: it could be any of them. Chances are it will be error carried forward, so you wont lose many marks
Reply 190
for intergration i got -343/6 then wrote R larger than 0 then wrote 343/6 would i get max marks?
Reply 191
Original post by happ
june boundaries tend to be lower so might even be an a

Woo :smile: That would be great, doubt it though.
Reply 192
Original post by The_Pen
Bump?

No of course you will not get full marks if you missed out a solution.
Original post by Arsey
I would say there is 0% chance 62 will be enough for an A. Definitely a B I would say.

Arsey, you know question 5) the integration one
finding area of P
I did (x^2 - 11x + 18)dx
using the limits 9 and 2 is that right?
I think I got the same answer ....
Reply 194
Nvm I'm going sleep night guys.
How have i failed this exam again?!
Reply 196
Original post by Future Medics
Arsey, you know question 5) the integration one
finding area of P
I did (x^2 - 11x + 18)dx
using the limits 9 and 2 is that right?
I think I got the same answer ....

i did this method too and got the right answer
Reply 197
Original post by Arsey
No, there is an error

You wrote a + ar^n. Should be a - ar^n

Thank you for checking. But im sure in the exam i put a-ar^n. So would it be full marks? Im feeling very sleepy at this time so thats why i made a silly error now without checking. :P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Arsey
No of course you will not get full marks if you missed out a solution.

hi arsey for question 3)C)my working was correct but got wrong values of y how many marks would i lose?
What would I lose for doing the first 4 terms instead of three on question 1. Someone please answer

Latest