The Student Room Group

Graphic Design (:

Hey I was just wondering if anyone has applied for Graphic Design for september 2012 :smile:
I application was fully sent today and I got nervous yet excited at the same time :L
I applied for Chester,Nottingham Trent,Norwich, Ravensbourne and UCLAN. Was wondering where you applied to? (: And if you havent applied for Graphics what do you make of these unis? (:

I also wanted to know if you had any tips on portfolio presenting and such, as Im almost finished mine and am trying to think of things to also include, at the moment I have final pieces, development pieces, advertising pieces... It would be much appreciated :biggrin:

Thanks,
Jake (:!

Scroll to see replies

I am also applying for Graphic Design, but in Edinburgh
I will probably send my application tonight :smile:
Reply 2
Ahh cool good luck :biggrin:! Ive got a interview for Norwich in February :biggrin: So excited...but nervous lol :L
How nice in London! Did they ask you to upload the miniporfolio yet?
I've just applied but to Edinburgh and Glasgow (:
Reply 4
Edinburgh uni, Napier, Glasgow Cali, basically everywhere in Scotland that does it. Fingers crossed for Napier. :biggrin:
Reply 5
cardiff met, birmingham city, bournemouth, coventry, NTU!!
Original post by jakelh
Hey I was just wondering if anyone has applied for Graphic Design for september 2012 :smile:
I application was fully sent today and I got nervous yet excited at the same time :L
I applied for Chester,Nottingham Trent,Norwich, Ravensbourne and UCLAN. Was wondering where you applied to? (: And if you havent applied for Graphics what do you make of these unis? (:

I also wanted to know if you had any tips on portfolio presenting and such, as Im almost finished mine and am trying to think of things to also include, at the moment I have final pieces, development pieces, advertising pieces... It would be much appreciated :biggrin:

Thanks,

The sticky at the top of this forum tells you everything you need to know.:smile:
Reply 7
I've applied for Graphic design too - Art college of Bournemouth, Nottingham Trent, Portsmouth, Loughborough and LCC. Have you completed a foundation degree?
I've applied for Uni of Leeds, Loughborough, coventry, notts trent and leeds met for a deferred year.

I liked the course at Loughborough but I really don't know if I'd fit in at that uni. I'm not athletic at all! Plus Leeds has a far better music scene.

Whats bournemouth like? I may look into this more and substitute a choice for this...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Hi :smile:

I'm just completing an art foundation atm and i've applied to do Graphic Design for September 2012, was just wondering how others have been getting on really...

I've applied to:
Manchester Met
Nottingham Trent
Sheffield Hallam
Birmingham City
Norwich College of the arts
Reply 10
Ive appled for Graphic design at:
Edinburgh
Uni of salford
Blackpool and the fylde
Falmouth
Leeds college of art

I did apply for two foundations aswell at london st martins and man met but with getting onto a degree straight away at Blackpool then i thought theres no point carrying on the interview process (:

As for your portfolio the key thing is presentation, make sure you make your folio well presented as this makes a folio shine as not many people bother with this...

Hope this helps (:
Reply 11
I've applied for Northumbria, Huddersfield, Sheffield Hallam, UCLan and Leeds Met. My first interview is tomorrow at 9am Huddersfield I'm pretty nervous but confident with my portfolio, I have 4 interviews scheduled just waiting for Leeds Met.
Reply 12
Hey! I'm an international student.. i've applied for graphic design at: edinburgh uni, napier, manchester met, liverpool john moores and london camberwell =)
Reply 13
Original post by jakelh

Thanks,

I have applied, sent a portfolio to two, denied from one haven't heard back from ravensbourne or london met.

Anyone got a successful portfolio I could look at please?
Reply 14
Original post by l.j.s18ftw
I have applied, sent a portfolio to two, denied from one haven't heard back from ravensbourne or london met.

Anyone got a successful portfolio I could look at please?

I got a offer from London met and LCC for Graphic design and Have a
interview at Ravensbourne in 2 weeks or so
heres a Link to some of the stuff in my portfolio Hope it helps out :biggrin:

Only sort of advice I can give regarding work Is when it comes to sketchbook work
Show what's going on in your head even If its just a big mess of ideas put it down

http://www.wix.com/sayeed1991/portfolio
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Sayeed
I got a offer from London met and LCC for Graphic design and Have a
interview at Ravensbourne in 2 weeks or so
heres a Link to some of the stuff in my portfolio Hope it helps out :biggrin:

Only sort of advice I can give regarding work Is when it comes to sketchbook work
Show what's going on in your head even If its just a big mess of ideas put it down

http://www.wix.com/sayeed1991/portfolio

Oh great the two I haven't heard from you have lol (ravensbourne and london met)
Did you send a mini/portfolio to them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75687215%40N07/sets/72157629203137727/

Here is the portfolio I sent to kingston n csm, I really wish I had included more type work and conventional stuff now.
Reply 16
Oh great the two I haven't heard from you have lol (ravensbourne and london met)
Did you send a mini/portfolio to them?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75687215%40N07/sets/72157629203137727/

Here is the portfolio I sent to kingston n csm, I really wish I had included more type work and conventional stuff now.

Well for LCC I came in for a portfolio review and London met I got a interview
oh and I really like your work You have some really effective use of minimalism :smile:
And I wouldn't worry about Ravensbourne they have a lot of interviews to handle
so they take a while to contact everyone In fact they changed My interview date twice >.<
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Sayeed

Original post by Sayeed
Well for LCC I came in for a portfolio review and London met I got a interview
oh and I really like your work You have some really effective use of minimalism :smile:
And I wouldn't worry about Ravensbourne they have a lot of interviews to handle
so they take a while to contact everyone In fact they changed My interview date twice &gt;.&lt;

Thanks =] so you got an interview for ravensbourne and london met without sending a mini folio?
Reply 18
Thanks =] so you got an interview for ravensbourne and london met without sending a mini folio?

Yeah
Reply 19
Original post by Sayeed

Original post by Sayeed
Yeah

yay, I just got an interview for london met on the 13th of march =]

Quick Reply