The Student Room Group

Loughborough Art Foundation interview & drawing task?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I bet loads of people won't have Loughborough as their first choice & their in the same position, I'd accept it so then you could always drop out x
I got in to! :smile: Congrats on your offers. And I'm also in the same position with my CSM interview being later. I'm just going to accept Loughborough and I imagine I'd try and withdraw it if needed!
Reply 42
ok cool ill do the same then :biggrin: woo
When did you guys have your reviews? Were you all on the Wednesday 11th ones? I still haven't got my letter, stupidly nervous!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 44
yeah mine was on the 11th, when was yours?x
12th, got my letter today and I got a place!!!! WAHOO!!
Reply 46
Got a place!!
Reply 47
woooo :biggrin: whats everyones first choices then?
Reply 48
Loughborough! you?
Reply 49
Same need to send my confirmation thing off tho! when was your assessment?:smile:
Reply 50
the 12th, when abouts was yours? So glad about not having anymore interviews. so exciting :smile:
Reply 51
my first place is LCC and ive got my interview there tomorrow!! so nervous!
Reply 52
Wow! It's great to see that lots of people are being accepted :biggrin:

I have my interview on Monday. Im a little scared. What did they ask you all in the interview?

My portfolio currently consists of....
-AS product design: graphic products eportfolio
-A2 product design: graphic products eportfolio
-GCSE product design: graphic products portfolio
-Art GCSE mini portfolio
-Creating website graphics for a client
-Creating a flash animation for a website
-Creating a children's flash game
-Creating a website for a company ( I was actually asked by them to do this)
-8 pages of a magazine article, including the design and the content
-A baseline assessment project for product design

Does that seem rong enough? Not too sure, the first 3 in the list are large and the rest are kind of shorter projects.
Reply 53
Yeah that sounds awesome! Just make sure you have loads and drawings and designs, they highlighted drawing loads of my open day :smile:
There isn't strictly an interview; everyone turns up, then is asked to put their portfolio's in room, next there's a talk and tour from the course leader (mine lasted around 45 mins, but there were complications with the presentation so that held it up) and then after all of that you get your portfolio back.
They don't give you feedback or anything, they just look through whilst its only them in the little room, then you leave! From what I gathered from the letter, they only ask you questions if they're unsure of the content of your portfolio/reasoning behind your pieces etc - but no one had to be asked things at the end in my assessment group so I don't think they need to generally
Original post by flitterfly
the 12th, when abouts was yours? So glad about not having anymore interviews. so exciting :smile:

Mine was on the same day as you! Were you morning or afternoon!? I got in too, I'm soooooo excited!! Are you guys going for halls?
Reply 55
Original post by frankiehobbs
Mine was on the same day as you! Were you morning or afternoon!? I got in too, I'm soooooo excited!! Are you guys going for halls?

Morning, what about you? Yesss going for halls, guessing you too?? And same so so excited! well done as well!
Reply 56
Had my assessment today. I was so scared. Everyone else had A1/A2 pages for their portfolio and I had about 120 sheets of product design portfolio. I also had the other stuff listed in my last post.

I was the only one there to have a design portfolio, everyone else had art. I panicked so much because it looked like I had very little. I hope they accept me, I really want this.
Reply 57
I'm sure they will, don't worry you had loads of stuff
anyone applied to loughborough and got in that would like to share an online portfolio??? in serious need of some comforting that i even have a chance of getting in.....
this is my flickr that i used for kingston and have been given an interview there
http://www.flickr.com/photos/71517991@N03/
please let me know what you think..... shi*ting bricks im so nervous!!
Reply 59
Hey guys! I GOT A PLACE! :biggrin:

Quick Reply