The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
BTW- do we need to book accomodation for our insurance ?

Very frustrating- cant decide on Warwick or Bristol as the insurance. Warwick is the choice but afraid i'd miss the grade while Bristol is a sure safe choice..
Reply 1321
I need help in deciding between Warwick and Durham, which uni is better for acc n fin and why? (for a friend)
Original post by joy12
I need help in deciding between Warwick and Durham, which uni is better for acc n fin and why? (for a friend)

Warwick because it's more respected by employers, importantly by investment banks, and the course is from warwick business school which is known to be very good.
In the end it comes down to which gives you more chance to go far in life, and warwick's your answer out of the two.
Original post by batman530
anyone going to durham for sure?

Yeah I firmed it
Original post by Choppyy
Has everybody decided their firm/insurance yet? I've gone for Newcastle!

Good choice, that was my insurance choice when i applied. Did you get onto the PwC sponsored course with the placement or did you just get offered the normal one?

Original post by starburst92
Firmed Birmingham today! Need to get the AAB now :/

Good choice, course is great, very hard though. If you get the grades make sure you become very familiar with "The Learning Center" and late night studying :biggrin:
Reply 1326
Original post by mattalis
Good choice, that was my insurance choice when i applied. Did you get onto the PwC sponsored course with the placement or did you just get offered the normal one?

The PwC sponsored one, sounds really good providing you pass all of your ACA exams and get a 2.1! How many contact hours did you receive at Birmingham per week? Was the course there quite heavily Maths based (as it was a BSc you received)? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending