The Student Room Group

What am I supposed to do in the 3 months before uni starts?

The few friends I have are all on holiday. I volunteer but it's gotten really boring and I can't stand it any more (I've been doing it for a year), and I don't know what I can do. Going to be a very boring 3 months; I think I might go mad with boredom :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone?
1. Reading list. Make a list of 100 books and read them.
2. Start a youtube channel/blog/thing.
3. Find a load of videogames you've always wanted to play.
4. Film list. Make a list of 100 films you want to watch and watch them.
5. The same as above but with TV series.
6. If you don't know how to drive, now is the time.
7. Consider getting a job.
Punch people and animals and smash up some crates until you feel like you've levelled up enough to boss the first term of uni. Might be a bit of a grind, but it'll be well worth it!
Original post by Flyteryder
The few friends I have are all on holiday. I volunteer but it's gotten really boring and I can't stand it any more (I've been doing it for a year), and I don't know what I can do. Going to be a very boring 3 months; I think I might go mad with boredom :frown:

Not gonna lie to you, my pre uni summer was ****ing boring. Its so frustrating when everyone else gets excited about the summer and you're wishing it was over.

Not much i can suggest but just keep yourself occupied. Take up a hobby, start going to the gym, go and stay with relatives, have a massive clearout of your possessions and see what you need for uni, getting some background reading done for the course you'll be studying, that sort of thing. One of my friends did the entire top 100 on IMDB as well. Just don't waste away your summer watching daytime TV and eating crap food, do something productive.
Get a job.
Reply 6
Ive got a job , going to get fit ( lots of bike riding, as I live in the boring country side ) , going camping and seeing my friends on nights out ..
It's gonnna suck so bad.
Get a job, clear out your cupboard, chuck your revision stuff away, have lots of parties, enjoy life.
Reply 9
I found a job last summer. I earn around 2k in 6 weeks and still have about 2 months off.

Reply 10
Job
Films
Get into a few TV series
Get drunk
Destroy a few pussays?
Try to find a job to earn some much needed money for Uni. Find out any reccommended reading for your course and read it. Practise assignments, sign up for a level 1, 10 point Open University course and do the assignment, it'll be great practise for uni assignments because believe me the jump from A-level hand holding to 'real' uni assignments will be huge! The more practise and background reading you can do over the summer will stand you in great stead when you're faced with your first assignment and don't really know how or what to do for it.
Reply 13
job
Reply 14
get a job, join a gym, go out with your friends. i couldn't be more buzzed for this summer
Reply 15
Trust me, summer is still boring even if you have a job. Bring on September!
Get a job. Join the gym. Learn to cook. Find a weird hobby. Watch multiple seasons of ****ty comedies. Read. Develop an addiction to Amazon. Obsess over your university by reading everything on TSR...
Reply 17
Good luck, the summers between years of university are even longer :wink: I've spent mine the past few years at the gym, learning new sports etc, reading and being at my long term job. But that last one isn't fun.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 18
Spend the whole time planning the first sentence you're going to say to your new flatmates. Make it catchy.
I think you need to sit and think about all the things that you wanted to do when you were revising and doing your A levels that you couldn't do because once you get to Uni, you will be back into the studying zone and stress will kick in because of assignments, late nights etc etc. Have a good summer and enjoy it while you have the time to pursue your hobbies without the worries of deadlines.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending