The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6040
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Passed my test today!

6 minors. Thought I'd messed it up on the parallel park and was so relieved when she said I'd passed.

Ahhh so happy!

Same happened to me. Was pretty sure I touched the curb at the end although it was pretty good as it was a pretty narrow road.

Wasn't even nervous. Just had a poor drive. When I failed the first time I drove much better but made one stupid mistake at the start of the test. Guy could have easily failed me but he knew I could drive.
(edited 7 years ago)
Bit late but passed first time on Friday, 2 minors. One for mirrors and one for not signalling onto a roundabout. Got a reverse around a corner and emergency stop as well. Barely remember it if I'm honest!
Passed with 4 minors today first time! :woo:
Passed second time 2 minors.

So relieved.
Passed today!! Finallyy
Well done everyone who has passed! I have my test tomorrow so fingers crossed I'll be posting in here later! But probably not 😂😂

Failed by 1 major :frown: only three minors!! *
(edited 7 years ago)
2nd test

Passed with 4 faults

I still don't believe I've done it, it doesn't feel real
Reply 6047
I've passed over two years ago and still haven't driven anything. The insurance cost is outrageous in London...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
After previously failing my test 5 times and thinking that I would never pass it, I passed with 8 minors on tuesday! Relieved is an understatement 😅😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Second time doing my test today and I passed! I thought for sure I'd failed as I got a parallel park and clipped the kerb. 11 minors so could have done better but a pass is a pass! 😁 Overjoyed
Passed yesterday. my dad says I need P plates. Is this true? for how long?
Reply 6051
Original post by Mufundi
Passed yesterday. my dad says I need P plates. Is this true? for how long?

Congrats :smile: u don't need one but u may want one so that other drivers will b more understanding if u do something wrong
I used my p plates for 2 days then I took them off. I feel as if people are more considerate to me without them on. It's as if they want to get past me straight away when sometimes it's unsafe when I have them on.
Passed my test today on 3rd attempt with only 3 minors!
I was beginning to think it would never happen soooo happy!!!
Hi everyone,

I've had a hellish time learning to drive. Even though I don't enjoy driving, and so I am driving out of necessity and to make life easier, and lessons were always a source of anxiety for me, I became a confident and responsible driver.

Therefore today, on my 6th attempt, I managed to pass the test with 9 minors. Some people will critisize this for being 'too many' but personally, I couldn't care less. I am thrilled to have passed!

I had a horrid lesson previous to my test, where I broke down in tears and told my instructor I couldn't do the test. I couldn't even get out of the car to check in at the centre. Test nerve have been the reason for each of my 5 fails, and they truly got the better of me today. There's honestly nothing like crippling self doubt!

My instructor went into the centre to cancel, but instead came back with my examiner. She was so lovely and understanding, and told me to forget about it being a test; that instead we were just going to go for a drive together. So I dried my eyes and started the engine.

Before I knew it we were back at the test centre and 40 minutes had passed. I honestly didn't know what the result was going to be, I just sat there with my eyes closed as she counted up the marks on the sheet. Then, those 7 words; "I'm happy to tell you you've passed!". As most of you will know, words can't describe that feeling (and yes, I cried again).

The only advice I can give to serial failers like me is to persevere. Even when you are convinced you'll never pass, just do it. You never know unless you try :smile:
Reply 6055
Original post by daintydaisy
Second time doing my test today and I passed! I thought for sure I'd failed as I got a parallel park and clipped the kerb. 11 minors so could have done better but a pass is a pass! 😁 Overjoyed

My test was like this too. I clipped the curb on a parallel park but still passed.
Original post by Vanillamoue
Hi everyone,

I've had a hellish time learning to drive. Even though I don't enjoy driving, and so I am driving out of necessity and to make life easier, and lessons were always a source of anxiety for me, I became a confident and responsible driver.

Therefore today, on my 6th attempt, I managed to pass the test with 9 minors. Some people will critisize this for being 'too many' but personally, I couldn't care less. I am thrilled to have passed!

I had a horrid lesson previous to my test, where I broke down in tears and told my instructor I couldn't do the test. I couldn't even get out of the car to check in at the centre. Test nerve have been the reason for each of my 5 fails, and they truly got the better of me today. There's honestly nothing like crippling self doubt!

My instructor went into the centre to cancel, but instead came back with my examiner. She was so lovely and understanding, and told me to forget about it being a test; that instead we were just going to go for a drive together. So I dried my eyes and started the engine.

Before I knew it we were back at the test centre and 40 minutes had passed. I honestly didn't know what the result was going to be, I just sat there with my eyes closed as she counted up the marks on the sheet. Then, those 7 words; "I'm happy to tell you you've passed!". As most of you will know, words can't describe that feeling (and yes, I cried again).

The only advice I can give to serial failers like me is to persevere. Even when you are convinced you'll never pass, just do it. You never know unless you try :smile:

Well done on passing! You'll start and enjoy driving now you are totally in control and don't feel like anybody is watching for mistakes.
Original post by rayquaza17
Well done on passing! You'll start and enjoy driving now you are totally in control and don't feel like anybody is watching for mistakes.

Thank you! Yes, definitely looking forward to getting out there by myself :smile:
Just curious, how long did it take for your licence to arrive? I have mine to the examiner after the test and she said anywhere up to 3 weeks. I was wondering as I have registration for uni in just under 3 weeks and am hoping it'll be here in time - that way I won't have to dig out my passport, wherever it may be! Haha :smile:
Original post by Vanillamoue
Just curious, how long did it take for your licence to arrive? I have mine to the examiner after the test and she said anywhere up to 3 weeks. I was wondering as I have registration for uni in just under 3 weeks and am hoping it'll be here in time - that way I won't have to dig out my passport, wherever it may be! Haha :smile:

I think it was 2 weeks.

Latest

Trending

Trending