The Student Room Group

OCR A 2016 Physics A* A-Level Resources

Scroll to see replies

Has the 2015 NW paper been linked already in this thread? If not does anyone have it?
Original post by Sundas1
Is it just me and my computer or does G482 links not work anymore?

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21ABopiXE12j2MmNA&id=A652B0C4A25ADAAA%2158151&cid=A652B0C4A25ADAAA

Try that and see if it works.
Would anyone be able to show me how to derive Kepler's 3rd Law?

T^2 = (4p2^/ GM)r^3
Why doesn't the G484 link work anymore?!
Could someone explain the 1st page of the 2015 paper for Newtonian. Still don't get it.
Original post by President J
Could someone explain the 1st page of the 2015 paper for Newtonian. Still don't get it.

Share it and we can go through it

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have to think about it in terms of newtons 3rd law,

The student says that the normal force acting on the spacecraft is balanced by the weight force of the spacecraft due to newtons 3rd law.

The forces must be of the same type i.e weight and weight to create a newtons 3rd law pair
the forces must be acting on different bodies, the forces he mentioned are just acting on the spacecraft

so by newtons 3rd law he is not correct
how would you answer to part b) ii)
Original post by thebearissquare

The student says that the normal force acting on the spacecraft is balanced by the weight force of the spacecraft due to newtons 3rd law.

The forces must be of the same type i.e weight and weight to create a newtons 3rd law pair
the forces must be acting on different bodies, the forces he mentioned are just acting on the spacecraft

Original post by thebearissquare

Thanks! Could you give me an example, (in addition to collision between two bodies) of when it's the same type of force? What type of force is a reaction force?
Thanks! Could you give me an example, (in addition to collision between two bodies) of when it's the same type of force? What type of force is a reaction force?

gravitation force between the moon and earth which they both inflict on one another :smile:
Aren't the notes outdated? It says there's a new spec for 2015.
In one of your modal answers you used 2pi times frequency times magnetic flux linkage to calculate emf. Where did you get this equation from. I always use to do gradient but never seem to get the exact answer
Original post by R.abokor
In one of your modal answers you used 2pi times frequency times magnetic flux linkage to calculate emf. Where did you get this equation from. I always use to do gradient but never seem to get the exact answer

In E is proportional to Q/R^2, is Q the source charge or the test charge?
one of the G485 links are broken, does anybody have the link for long answer questions??
Reply 194
Original post by ForgottenApple
Oo I had a great few different ones; will link later remind me if I forget, off to gym

Can you send me it too? Thanks :smile:
Hey does anyone know what the points mean on the results sheet for physics overall?? Is that the raw marks?

Thanks a lot!!!
Hey, What revision guides or text books did you find really good and what books did you learn/revise the content from? Would you recommend a cgp revision guide?
Dear ForgottenApple,

I'm Year 12 and thinking of doing physics as a fourth option in addition to Chemistry, Biology and Psychology. How difficult is Physics A- level in comparison to my current subjects?
Original post by ForgottenApple
Oo I had a great few different ones; will link later remind me if I forget, off to gym

Hey ForgottenApple,
I am really in a difficult position, I am in Year 12 and I have chosen A-level Chemistry, Biology and Physics. People have advised me to chose A-Level Maths because I got a high A* at GCSE and to be honest it is my strongest subject. However, I am really committed to Physics which I got a high A in Unit 2 and an A* in Unit 3 in my GCSEs.
The thing is the a level physics teacher at my school really cannot teach and it has become a tradition that every year (AS), everyone drops out of Physics because they fail.
I thought you can advise on what to do and whether it is possible to get an A* in Physics independently or is it better if I do A-level Maths.
Thank You
Original post by Hannah_xox
Hey ForgottenApple,
I am really in a difficult position, I am in Year 12 and I have chosen A-level Chemistry, Biology and Physics. People have advised me to chose A-Level Maths because I got a high A* at GCSE and to be honest it is my strongest subject. However, I am really committed to Physics which I got a high A in Unit 2 and an A* in Unit 3 in my GCSEs.
The thing is the a level physics teacher at my school really cannot teach and it has become a tradition that every year (AS), everyone drops out of Physics because they fail.
I thought you can advise on what to do and whether it is possible to get an A* in Physics independently or is it better if I do A-level Maths.
Thank You

ask questions yh for help ask him for the alevel physics teaching plan like what topics does he want to cover for the next 4 weeks.
Do the topics and ask him to explain the difficult points
also buy the philip alan physics alevel study unit guides

Quick Reply

Latest