The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes 2012

Scroll to see replies

I got an acknolwedgment a few days ago in the post. I'm beginning to notice that the people who have got offers never got any acknowledgments :/ This is worrying.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 281
Got a postcard through the post saying they've got my application- it's not like i sent it to them a month ago or anything, i'm glad they're on the ball!
Original post by Pensivedore
I got an acknolwedgment a few days ago in the post. I'm beginning to notice that the people who have got offers never got any acknowledgments :/ This is worrying.

Exactly the same as what I thought :confused:
Reply 283
Original post by arw93
I imagine it's quite a lot. I received an offer on friday but I sent off my application a month ago. I met the Law admissions tutor on an open day and she said she only looks at undergraduate applications a few times a week, so receiving an offer could take some time.

Hi I'm 'bbikim' I created a new account :smile: and hmm... I just wanted a bit of
comfort- do you think they take in around a 100?
Has anyone actually got an offer and an acknowledgement
got an offer for software engineering bbc
not meaning to scare or worry anyone, i didnt get an acknowledgement when i applied, i think it may be faculty dependent, as to the reason why some people have one others done.
Reply 287
Original post by bbikim
Hi I'm 'bbikim' I created a new account :smile: and hmm... I just wanted a bit of
comfort- do you think they take in around a 100?

Yeah I'm sure they do! At one University I went to look around they said they offer four or fives times more applicants than they have places, because obviously some people won't choose it as their first choice etc. I'm sure this will apply to Brookes as well :smile: Where else are you applying? And what are your grades? :smile:
Has anyone got any offers for Politics yet?
Original post by tom_tom_tom

Original post by tom_tom_tom
not meaning to scare or worry anyone, i didnt get an acknowledgement when i applied, i think it may be faculty dependent, as to the reason why some people have one others done.

don't worry, i never got an email sying they got my application, just a post card after two weeks
Original post by fastkid105
don't worry, i never got an email sying they got my application, just a post card after two weeks

Brookes is absolutely useless with admin so im surprised they managed to get out postcards :rolleyes:
Reply 291
Original post by arw93
Yeah I'm sure they do! At one University I went to look around they said they offer four or fives times more applicants than they have places, because obviously some people won't choose it as their first choice etc. I'm sure this will apply to Brookes as well :smile: Where else are you applying? And what are your grades? :smile:

Yeahhh hopefully that will be good :smile: and ive applied to Reading, Brookes, De Montfort, Trent and Northampton (hometown) and im predicted AABCb but i got CCC as AS level :/ you? :smile:
Reply 292
Got an interview for history! just need to go let them know what day I can make and then see if they like me!
Whats oxford like as an area?
Reply 293
I got an unconditional offer for accounting and finance :smile: took them over a month for me to get the acknowledgement postcard then a few days after that to get the offer, in case people are wondering about how long it takes
Reply 294
Original post by OllieJ94
Got an interview for history! just need to go let them know what day I can make and then see if they like me!
Whats oxford like as an area?

In my opinion, it's a really nice area, the center is pretty busy and full of students but then you have the area with locals and residents which is more quieter. I am not from England but I've stayed in Oxford for about a month out of the past 6, been traveling back and forth from there. I also saw some of the neighboring towns and they all have something that defines them so you won't get bored. Also, you have enough options to keep you entertained as it's not a very small town but not as big as London and Birmingham. I for one like medium towns, such as Oxford. The university is nice as well, I went to an open day and I have friends that study there, as people that go to Oxford, and yes they are different but it depends what you are looking for. However, i suggest you make up your mind when you go for your interview, don't just attend the interview and visit the campuses, i'd advise you to go and take a look around, not only at the touristy spots but also see the normal life vibe and decide if it suits you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 295
Okay, Just wondering, is being asked for an interview a bad thing? I haven't heard of anyone else here applying for history / being interviewed for it.... :P
Reply 296
Hmm, i knew they asked the primary education applicants and nursing and midwifery, probably all the medicine related subjects, maybe architecture and construction mng, but i didn't really hear of interviews for the rest of the courses. That's all i know, don;t know how helpful it is. Maybe they just want to convince you to go there, from giving you a chance to go there and get interviewed i don't really know. I could ask a friend that's doing politics and history if she ever heard of someone being interviewed for history :smile:
If the demand for places has increased then they might wish to interview then. Don't worry you will be fine
Reply 298
Original post by n.latham

Original post by n.latham
I've applied for BA Primary Teaching!!! I have been offered an interview (AAHHHHHHHH) and i have been told that if this goes well then my grades don't have to be as good! acctually looking forward to it! :beer:

Hi. Well done on getting an interview! I have applied for Primary Education BA too. Have you had your interview yet? If so what was it like? and also how long was it after you applied that you heard about your interview? and how did you hear about it?
Reply 299
Anyone applied for Primary Education BA?

How long was it after you applied that you got an interview?

Alos what was involved in the interview?

Any tips or advice would be great!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending