The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

HPAT Ulster 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hey everyone, I just got two conditionals from UUJ, one each for therapeutic and diagnostic radiography :biggrin:! Soooo happy. Hope everyone else got the offers that they wanted :smile:
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 81
I got conditional offers for SLT and OT this morning! :smile:
Reply 82
Conditional Offer For Diagnostic Radiography :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by rmoran640
Hey everyone, I just got two conditionals from UUJ, one each for therapeutic and diagnostic radiography :biggrin:! Soooo happy. Hope everyone else got the offers that they wanted :smile:

Congratulations! I got the same! Lots of thinking now, eh, to decide which to take. Do you have a preference?? I'm leaning toward therapeutic myself.
Reply 84
Original post by nachtjenevel
Congratulations! I got the same! Lots of thinking now, eh, to decide which to take. Do you have a preference?? I'm leaning toward therapeutic myself.

Congratulations to you too :smile:! Yeah we got a tough decision to make now, I never expected to get an offer for diagnostic it was really just a back-up, so I'm leaning towards therapeutic as well. Just out of curiosity, have you had any work experience in diagnostic? I'm thinking that i'd like to experience it as well before making any decisions :/
Reply 85
Original post by rmoran640
Congratulations to you too :smile:! Yeah we got a tough decision to make now, I never expected to get an offer for diagnostic it was really just a back-up, so I'm leaning towards therapeutic as well. Just out of curiosity, have you had any work experience in diagnostic? I'm thinking that i'd like to experience it as well before making any decisions :/

None whatsoever in either, actually, but I've always wanted to be a radiographer. I got a bit sidetracked for 22 years doing systems and network administration in the US Air Force...but I'm massively excited for this opportunity to go in a whole new direction! :smile:
Reply 86
Still waiting to hear from UBC it's now 2 wks, anyone had offers from UBC?
Reply 87
Hi guys.

I got offers for both Therapeutic and Diagnostic radiography - I'm likely to go for the therapeutic radiography course though so I'm just checking if there are any other mature-ish students indending to go, or will I be the only one in the class with a wooly jumper, beard and open-toed sandals who will get picked on for having assignments finished a week before they're due... :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by Larry Duff
Hi guys.

I got offers for both Therapeutic and Diagnostic radiography - I'm likely to go for the therapeutic radiography course though so I'm just checking if there are any other mature-ish students indending to go, or will I be the only one in the class with a wooly jumper, beard and open-toed sandals who will get picked on for having assignments finished a week before they're due... :smile:

:smile: Hi Larry!!! For sure you won't be alone. I'm 46 and in the same position as you - but less hairy, by the sound of it, LOL! I've got offers for both as well, but leaning pretty heavily toward therapeutic. Are you stil waiting on other offers, or are you definitely going to UUJ? I'm still waiting on one more response, from Robert Gordon in Aberdeen, before I firm up. :smile:
Reply 89
Hi Nacht.

I'm not waiting on any other offers so I'm definitely going to UUJ for the second time... Do you prefer Aberdeen or are you leaning towards UUJ?
Original post by DK_Tipp
Yeah, mature students in the south have to send more info and usually do interviews. However I think that most colleges actually have a minimum number of places set aside for mature students.

What is the course in Cork? It's a pretty nice city.

its nutritional sciences, just wish they would get back to me sooner rather than later, i mean how are highers students meant to organise going to uni if they only get offers in August?! at least i should hear june/ july time
Reply 91
i haven't heard from UUJ yet :frown: did you all find out that you had gotten places on the ucas website?
Reply 92
So upset didnt get into OT or SLT :frown:
My score was 54 and percentile 33 :s-smilie:
Anybody know the cut off scores of the courses?
Reply 93
Original post by Scoachie
i haven't heard from UUJ yet :frown: did you all find out that you had gotten places on the ucas website?

Yeah, i found out on ucas the same as other places
Reply 94
Original post by busted1
i got 60 with 65 percentile, applied for diagnostic radiography, with what people are saying doesnt look like i'll get an offer :frown:

i got 62 with 75 percentile, i applied for diagnostic too, but haven't heard back :s-smilie: have you heard yet?
Reply 95
Original post by rosierua
I got conditional offers for SLT and OT this morning! :smile:

congrats :smile: i also got an offer for OT! which one are you going for?
Reply 96
Hi Nacht.

I'm not waiting on any other offers so I'm definitely going to UUJ for the second time... Do you prefer Aberdeen or are you leaning towards UUJ?

I'm not sure - I think I prefer Aberdeen, but their programme is diagnostic, not therapeutic. I got an unconditional from Aberdeen as well this afternoon! Soooo much to think about now, but SO ridiculously excited!!
Reply 97
Hi Nacht.

Second time?! What did you do the first time?!
Original post by nachtjenevel
Well I know they take a lot of other things into consideration, not just the HPAT scores, so who knows? It's not always the highest scorers who get the places, I'm sure. Best of luck to *everyone* trying for a place. :smile:

I did really bad in the Hpat, sitting on ABB and got rejected from uuj. and when I rang they said they take the Hpat into consideration first and Id have no chance. I have all my work experience, I have the grades, its all I want to do. So annoyed :frown: Thankfully have offers like, but they are all across the water :frown:
Original post by Scoachie
i got 62 with 75 percentile, i applied for diagnostic too, but haven't heard back :s-smilie: have you heard yet?

I got an offer for diagnostic radiography with a much lower overall 56 and 43 percentile, if you haven't got an offer today, most likely tomorrow

Quick Reply

Latest