The Student Room Group

Albufeira - Portugal. Holiday Budget.

Me and 2 friends are thinking of going on a holiday to Albufeira in July. We have seen flights/hotel on lowcostholidays. The hotel is 5 mins walk from the main strip and from Oura beach. However I am unsure how much money in euros we would need to take with us. We would be spending a total of 6 days there.

Our apartment would be self-catering, and we would probably take breakfast bars with us, and buy bread/butter to make toast from a local supermarket.

For lunches we would probably have ice cream/chips, as we would not each much due to hot weather and the fact that one of my friends is a very fussy eater.

At night we would look for cheap places to eat, that do pizza, chicken and chips ect. And then we would probably go to a bar at night for a few drinks.

Anyone been to Albufeira before that could advise us on price ect.

Thankyou!
Reply 1
i spent way too much when i went but if you manage to stick to a budget i'd say 300-400 euros would be enough. It just depends how much you're gonna be drinking/partying.

rough estimate = 350 euros
Original post by farquad
i spent way too much when i went but if you manage to stick to a budget i'd say 300-400 euros would be enough. It just depends how much you're gonna be drinking/partying.

rough estimate = 350 euros

Not very much. One friend doesn't really even drink, and the other gets drunk very easily. I'm not too keen on being overly drunk. Whats the average price of say a vodka and coke or a cocktail?

And how much did you spend, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 3
i spent around £500 over a week but it was a lads holiday and spent loads on going out. prices are quite similar to uk prices, vodka coke prob £3.50 cocktails £4/5 (euro equivalents)
Original post by farquad
i spent around £500 over a week but it was a lads holiday and spent loads on going out. prices are quite similar to uk prices, vodka coke prob £3.50 cocktails £4/5 (euro equivalents)

Lovely thankyou for the info :smile:
Original post by farquad

Was albufeira any good in terms of the nightlife then? Me and a few girls are thinking of going this summer, cant really get a good idea of how lively it is? was it a good kind of place for 18+ yr olds?x
Original post by Jasmine Moodie
Was albufeira any good in terms of the nightlife then? Me and a few girls are thinking of going this summer, cant really get a good idea of how lively it is? was it a good kind of place for 18+ yr olds?x

The strip looks really good. Maybe not as well publicised as Maga or Kavos but lively nonetheless
Original post by Bronco2012
The strip looks really good. Maybe not as well publicised as Maga or Kavos but lively nonetheless

Thats what i was thinking! None of us want too much of the messy drunken chavs in Maga etc but of course we want a lively nightlife so this place seems too good to be true, just need to be sure we know what we're booking now! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest