The Student Room Group

Carphone Warehouse Training

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by Abdelrahim96
LOL,

I think the hotel was called Travelodge, it was literally attached to the academy as part of Fort Dunlop and they have a number of stores beneath.

Ah thats cool, it's near where I'm from and not been home for 2 years so will be able to see some people in the evenings so looking forward to it.

which store are you working in now? Did you go straight into you're position. Also really weird question but did they give you a jumper in your uniform or just t-shirts?
Original post by mellibu
Ah thats cool, it's near where I'm from and not been home for 2 years so will be able to see some people in the evenings so looking forward to it.

which store are you working in now? Did you go straight into you're position. Also really weird question but did they give you a jumper in your uniform or just t-shirts?

ah I see, well hopefully you can enjoy a good time

i will be working in the Arndale store in manchester, will start tomorrow and yes there was 1 jumper and 2 tshirts which you will get before you even pass anything lol

you would also receive you badges but thats when you graduate
Hi, everyone I start my training tomorrow (09/08/16) at fort Dunlop has anyone passed the test and is it hard? looking forward to meeting new people and having a great time anyone starting their training tomorrow??
Reply 423
Original post by Abdelrahim96
ah I see, well hopefully you can enjoy a good time

i will be working in the Arndale store in manchester, will start tomorrow and yes there was 1 jumper and 2 tshirts which you will get before you even pass anything lol

you would also receive you badges but thats when you graduate

How's the job going? :biggrin:

I don't suppose you know when Carphone warehouse pay? Is it the end of the month I forgot to ask.
I have training booked for the 22nd August. Anyone else going?
Reply 425
I'm booked on for the 17th apparently... But still waiting for train tickets? Anyone help with this?
Reply 426
Original post by SamC97x
I'm booked on for the 17th apparently... But still waiting for train tickets? Anyone help with this?

I am going on this day as well! I got an email with an attachment giving me a confirmation reference number to pick up my tickets, with a booklet about what we would be doing there. Hopefully you will have sorted it now though
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by StephR1
I am going on this day as well! I got an email with an attachment giving me a confirmation reference number to pick up my tickets, with a booklet about what we would be doing there. Hopefully you will have sorted it now though

How long before the training did you get your confirmation?
Reply 428
can any one shed some more light on this background check / credit report as my credit file is **** and I have been told that they can turn me down for the job if it fails even tho I have been offerd the job and had my contract is this true or have I just miss understood the whole thing
Original post by fisher1
can any one shed some more light on this background check / credit report as my credit file is **** and I have been told that they can turn me down for the job if it fails even tho I have been offerd the job and had my contract is this true or have I just miss understood the whole thing

I got my email today about my training and the hotel being booked today so if you're booked in for Monday and got the email today I would say it's gone through ok
Reply 430
Original post by mattphillips27
I got my email today about my training and the hotel being booked today so if you're booked in for Monday and got the email today I would say it's gone through ok

I still waiting for the email with every thing on it like how I'm getting there and hotel stuff like that I have only had email asking to complete my back ground check I had a phone call asking about what size uniform I want and what I want on my name badge but nothing else and I have my training on bank holiday Monday in Birmingham
Original post by fisher1
I still waiting for the email with every thing on it like how I'm getting there and hotel stuff like that I have only had email asking to complete my back ground check I had a phone call asking about what size uniform I want and what I want on my name badge but nothing else and I have my training on bank holiday Monday in Birmingham

It'll probably be a while till you get confirmed for the travel and hotel. I only got my travel today (no hotel yet) and my training is this Monday.

I wouldn't worry about anything yet
Reply 432
Hello,

I've had an interview with carphone warehouse and was offered the job the next day and was told by the manager that I would receive and email 'in a few days' regarding my training details. But now it's been 3 weeks exactly and still haven't received any information. I've emailed and called the store letting them know about this situation and nothing has still been confirmed to me. So does this mean I don't have the job anymore?
Reply 433
Hey Guys,

Just got the call today and booked my training. Anyone else gonna be there on the 7th and 8th of September? Pretty excited and kinda nervous about the uncertainty lol.
Reply 434
Well i finally got all my comformation emails now so thats all sorted but whem i collected my tickets they are stupid making me go half way up the country the wrong way just coz they didnt wanna pqy for me to go thro london so i paid for my own tickets instead lol so is anyone else going to birmingham on monday as would be good to meet sone new people and chill with while up there
Hey how long did it actually take for them to contact you after they told you that you got the job ?
Reply 436
Original post by Oliviailling
Hey how long did it actually take for them to contact you after they told you that you got the job ?

took about 3 weeks for me to actually get conformation from headoffice that I had the job and for them to start sorting stuff out
I see thank you and how long after the interview how long did it take for them to ring you about training being sorted as I am still waiting after nearly two week since being I can move onto training and I am still waiting for more infonation after that last call ?
Original post by Uddin99
Hello,

I've had an interview with carphone warehouse and was offered the job the next day and was told by the manager that I would receive and email 'in a few days' regarding my training details. But now it's been 3 weeks exactly and still haven't received any information. I've emailed and called the store letting them know about this situation and nothing has still been confirmed to me. So does this mean I don't have the job anymore?

I have had the same problem have you heard anything since this post or arr you still waiting ?
Reply 439
Original post by Oliviailling
I have had the same problem have you heard anything since this post or arr you still waiting ?
it does take awhile to hear anything back it took me about 3 weeks to get any sort of conformation back from head office they do have to get about 40_50 people all sorted for the same time as you so it will take a while but if u have any concerns u can always call them and tell them and they will be more then happy to help i have just come back from my training in birmingham so if u want to kbow anything about it or what u will be doing then please feel free to ask ill help as much as i can

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending