The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anyone applied for sport and exercise science and had a reply yet? Sent my UCAS in early November..
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by bluenbas

Original post by bluenbas
Still waiting for a decision the wait is unbearable criminology and sociology .any one heard anything

I applied for the straight sociology as the crim and socio had mainly criminology modules and I wanted a mixture of both. I haven't received a reply yet either although they sent me an email saying the had received my application.
Reply 42
Anyone else studying Public Relations? :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by gpostleth
Anyone applied for sport and exercise science and had a reply yet? Sent my UCAS in early November..

Still waiting mate - applied end of November.
Reply 44
Still waiting for a reply for Food and Nutrition
Reply 45
Original post by Jivi
I applied for the straight sociology as the crim and socio had mainly criminology modules and I wanted a mixture of both. I haven't received a reply yet either although they sent me an email saying the had received my application.

I think they must wait till the deadinline then sort them all out together fingers crossed we may get a place
Reply 46
Original post by umaird
do you have any idea how mechanical engineering is at sheffield hallam? is it easy? are the teachers good? how much work do you get?

well i'm not doing mechanical engineering so this is just my very loose opinion lol.

they do offer a lot of engineering degrees, so i do think that the courses are well provided for etc, my experience of the teachers is very mixed, they have a high proportion of non english lectures, which is not a problem but there are added issues, in that they've not been brought up with same curriculum as us, we are often getting told this is european way, this is british which is silly! thanks ha.

however i am at the moment having to do fundamental engineering principles, and the tutor i have for that is really good, he is fairly young, but so passionate and easy to listen and learn from. So i have some good and bad teachers, I don't know all the engineering staff unfortunately.

As for easy, i'm only on foundation level at moment, and it varies, some stuff is so basic and elementary and others just in the middle about as hard as i expected. So if that is any basis for the degree level, i'd say its not too hard. Very copable (word???)

Hope that helps somewhat, generally i think the courses on offer have a lot more variety than some better uni's, but the standard of teaching jury is still out. :confused:

Original post by PaulLampeter
I got rejected, and no reason given, slightly miffed but have mailed for an explanation... hope the other 4 don't go the same way..getting a bit jumpy now

Def givei them a ring and get an explanation, I was rejected for ridiculous reasons even for my foundation course, and after phoning sorted it out and got a conditional. The admissions are a bit unfair and clearly don't read your PS. Sure you'll get in somewhere :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by skippy83
well i'm not doing mechanical engineering so this is just my very loose opinion lol.

they do offer a lot of engineering degrees, so i do think that the courses are well provided for etc, my experience of the teachers is very mixed, they have a high proportion of non english lectures, which is not a problem but there are added issues, in that they've not been brought up with same curriculum as us, we are often getting told this is european way, this is british which is silly! thanks ha.

however i am at the moment having to do fundamental engineering principles, and the tutor i have for that is really good, he is fairly young, but so passionate and easy to listen and learn from. So i have some good and bad teachers, I don't know all the engineering staff unfortunately.

As for easy, i'm only on foundation level at moment, and it varies, some stuff is so basic and elementary and others just in the middle about as hard as i expected. So if that is any basis for the degree level, i'd say its not too hard. Very copable (word???)

Hope that helps somewhat, generally i think the courses on offer have a lot more variety than some better uni's, but the standard of teaching jury is still out. :confused:

Def givei them a ring and get an explanation, I was rejected for ridiculous reasons even for my foundation course, and after phoning sorted it out and got a conditional. The admissions are a bit unfair and clearly don't read your PS. Sure you'll get in somewhere :smile:

thank you for the insight :smile:. i have firmed sheffield hallam! they have good industry links and i THINK they have the most work placements than any other university in england. i just need to get the grades now!
I have just applied for film and English studies at Hallam! Got 240 points already as I'm already at Uni And looking to start again, so I hope I get an an offer. Anyone got any info on sheffield itself and the uni's rep. :smile: been told its great. One question, one of my course entry req is to have 80 points in English or film studies at a level. I have 80 on English (c grade) and also in media (b grade) is this good towards my application? And does anyone know how they feel about AS? I'm going in with two a levels and 2 as's! :/ sorry for 20 question guys, been out the ucas cycle a year now :tongue: many apologises!
Reply 49
Original post by umaird
is it going to be the university you want to go to? your first choice, its called firm. lol

ohh yeah haha! which halls u thinking of?
Reply 50
Original post by Astie
Hey, out of interest when did you send your ucas off and when did you get a reply? (for aerospace)

Thankz.

i applied about the 25th of November, and i had a conditional within a month mate,
when did you apply?
Reply 51
Original post by 21Welshy21
ohh yeah haha! which halls u thinking of?

ive already applied to victoria halls! :biggrin:
they are one of the cheapest and with the most facilities in any halls i could find.. :tongue:
Reply 52
lets hope if ur mate goes on the materials course he doesn't get my teacher, shes a newby, but thats not a problem so much as she is s**t lol. :eek:

I'm just on a foundation course so i wont be doing material science next year thank god or I'd consider transfering seriously.

:O really? aha he said they looked really enthusiastic on the open day so he has his heart set on hallam :P
i may be getting a transfer here so hi :ninja:
Original post by gpostleth

im doing this course may see u there :colone: BUT IM GETTING A TRANSFER SO NOT SURE OUT THE REPLIES.
Reply 55
Original post by umaird
ive already applied to victoria halls! :biggrin:
they are one of the cheapest and with the most facilities in any halls i could find.. :tongue:

hmm they look pretty nice, i really have no idea where to apply haha :L
well i a few but its hard to choose over having an en-suite but then less money to spend on other things or no en-suite and more money

They have emailed me back to say they have sent a letter.... have been offered an interview at East Anglia so happy now:smile:
Reply 57
Original post by 21Welshy21
hmm they look pretty nice, i really have no idea where to apply haha :L
well i a few but its hard to choose over having an en-suite but then less money to spend on other things or no en-suite and more money

yeahh you are right.. well choose whats best for you, and also take into account what shops etc. are near your halls :tongue:
Reply 58
Original post by PaulLampeter
They have emailed me back to say they have sent a letter.... have been offered an interview at East Anglia so happy now:smile:

yeah I got a letter, it says no more on it than it does on UCAS track lol. well mine didn't.

I only got answers after phoning and persisting i need to talk to someone about it.

Good luck on the Interview though! :wink:
Reply 59
Applied to do energy engineering. Anyone else applied for this? Still waiting for their verdict like!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending