The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Firmers 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2720
We've had an argument in our house, we were going to live together but we're not anymore, some of them aren't very nice. Me and my friend are looking for 1 or 2 more people so we can live in 3/4 house. We've already found a few nice houses! :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by *Holly*
We've had an argument in our house, we were going to live together but we're not anymore, some of them aren't very nice. Me and my friend are looking for 1 or 2 more people so we can live in 3/4 house. We've already found a few nice houses! :smile:

Sounds familiar :tongue: Does your college have "find a housemate" type events? They seem like they'd be a pretty good way to find extra people.

In other news, I've found a house now! Well, it's actually a one-bedroom flat but it's a) not about a thousand miles away and b) ACTUALLY NICE. This has cheered me up immensely - my flatmates seem to have got much much weirder recently (and I'm sure they'd say the same about me). </rambling about odd life>
I'm so glad that this term is almost finished and I can go home in a week. :biggrin:

just felt like putting that out there.
Reply 2723
Original post by alexmagpie
I know in my dept. (Psychology), you have the right to request a new supervisor at any time without giving a reason. If you were given a departmental handbook at the start of term like we were, the answer will be in there.

Same in my department (Sociology).

We were told we can ask to switch supervisors at any time, for any reason - even if it's something ridiculous like "I'd rather have a male supervisor" or something. So as far as I know, it's a right, not a privilege (assuming you go about it the right way, which I assume is by seeing your departmental office and undergrad course convenor or whatever they're called).
Original post by AlexAntiHeroine
I'm so glad that this term is almost finished and I can go home in a week. :biggrin:

just felt like putting that out there.

i didn't have any contact hours in week 10 so went home at the end of week 9 :biggrin: you shall be soon home!
Original post by hannah9000
i didn't have any contact hours in week 10 so went home at the end of week 9 :biggrin: you shall be soon home!

Lucky :tongue: Although I've had quite a nice week this week, so I'm glad I didn't go home then! I think being at home for a while will be good for me though :biggrin:

Have you had a good term? :smile:
Lucky :tongue: Although I've had quite a nice week this week, so I'm glad I didn't go home then! I think being at home for a while will be good for me though :biggrin:

Have you had a good term? :smile:

i felt more stable this term, but i think i had less fun! if that makes sense. also exam panic is creeping in! but now i'm on antibiotics AGAIN, york seriously kills my immune system even though i do barely anything!
how was your term?
i felt more stable this term, but i think i had less fun! if that makes sense. also exam panic is creeping in! but now i'm on antibiotics AGAIN, york seriously kills my immune system even though i do barely anything!
how was your term?

No, it definitely makes sense! Haha yes, I'm getting quite worried about my exams right now :s-smilie: I know the feeling though, I seem to have been mildly ill for most of the term :biggrin:

It was...incredibly varied? There were good bits and absolutely awful bits and I'll be incredibly glad to get out of campus accommodation but yeah :smile: to be fair, it was an okay term but I'm kind of angry at myself for how much of a dick I've been most of the term. :biggrin:
We don't seem to have been a very successful bunch of freshers, do we? :tongue:
Original post by LostHorizons
We don't seem to have been a very successful bunch of freshers, do we? :tongue:

Well, I wouldn't say we're the average group of freshers. :tongue:

Although I'm (cautiously) optimistic about next term and alternating between excited and worried about next year, so that's...um, kinda good.

In other news, Student Finance is proving to be more of a problem than it was last year, for some reason.
Well, I wouldn't say we're the average group of freshers. :tongue:

Although I'm (cautiously) optimistic about next term and alternating between excited and worried about next year, so that's...um, kinda good.

In other news, Student Finance is proving to be more of a problem than it was last year, for some reason.

I'm restarting first year this October and student finance is aaaaaargh. I have to get a letter from the uni saying that for finance purposes I should be classed as a continuing student, but York's admin is a joke and it's taking forever to get the letter sorted :s-smilie:
I'm restarting first year this October and student finance is aaaaaargh. I have to get a letter from the uni saying that for finance purposes I should be classed as a continuing student, but York's admin is a joke and it's taking forever to get the letter sorted :s-smilie:

Student Finance is AWFUL, they wouldn't let me login because it kept giving me the wrong 'secret question' and then it had deleted all my information ughhhhhhh.

Does being a continuing student make any difference to how much money we get? But yes, I can imagine that York's admin would be terrible :s-smilie:

Hmm, does that mean you get to live in campus accommodation again? :smile:
Student Finance is AWFUL, they wouldn't let me login because it kept giving me the wrong 'secret question' and then it had deleted all my information ughhhhhhh.

Does being a continuing student make any difference to how much money we get? But yes, I can imagine that York's admin would be terrible :s-smilie:

Hmm, does that mean you get to live in campus accommodation again? :smile:

Well, if I was classed as a new first year student I'd have to pay the 9k fees and I'd be under the whole new funding system, which I *think* would make me better off while I'm actually at uni but I don't really know :s-smilie: the uni told me I'll be a continuing student, so as long as SFE aren't too stupid it should all be fine and nothing will change for me.

The thing that offends me most about student finance is their hold music. It makes me want to kill people. :mad:

are you changing course?
are you changing course?

Nope, I'll still be doing English :smile:
This thread is soo old school, spent like my whole gap year on here haha
How's everyone?

Quick Reply

Latest