The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys,

I know there has been plenty of discussion of this in general...but I keep reading that people have practiced plenty of SHL numerical tests on the official website....however I can only find just the one: http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html

Also did anyone else find this test really rather hard?! Or is it just me and my Math A level that are a bit rusty...
Reply 2981
Original post by livelovelaughx
8 PFO's now, feel more and more like giving up each time!

Don't give up mate! I really can understand where you coming from. It took me 3 years and over 100 rejections to get 2 Vac Schemes this year. I am really happy about this! Persevere, my friend, you will get there in the end!

The same goes for everyone else! Persevere and do not put your hands down! Last year after being interviewed for a TC in top firms I really felt like giving up but by continuing and trying my best I finally got somewhere. The same will happen to you guys.

I really sincerely wish you good luck! :smile:
Reply 2982
Original post by pinpilin
I know I keep harping on this... but has anyone else heard from White & Case yet? Has anyone else done as countryfile did and called them up/emailed them?

On another note, wishing you guys happy holidays! :smile:

got a pfo yesterday!
Reply 2983
Original post by Rosey2
got a pfo yesterday!

Ahh thanks for letting me know! Congrats on your other successful ones by the way! You're awesum :tongue:

Sigh if I ever work in GR I'll make sure the PFOs get sent out first! Now to sit and wait for that last one -hunkers down to stare at email inbox like a ninja-
I've been asked to do a Watson Glazer test for Simmons and Simmons, does anyone have any advice for WG tests?
Reply 2985
Original post by pinpilin

Sigh if I ever work in GR I'll make sure the PFOs get sent out first!

You could take the view that the marginal PFOs are those that will take longest, as they can't send them until they know if the first choice people accept. So you could give yourself a crumb of comfort that the longer a decision takes, it's because you're in the pack in consideration.
Does anyone have any experience/insights into a vac scheme interview with Edwards Wildman? Thanks in advance, guys.
Reply 2987
Just thought I'd pop on here and see how everyone is doing - congratulations to everyone with vac schemes, and to those who haven't, just keep on trucking, it's how you come through the process that counts (and you'll smash TC apps in summer anyway!) :smile:

After a horrendously busy few months I've heard replies from all my 10 applications (must have been mental) and I am just waiting on a result from Withers now post-interview! I've heard they take a while to get back to you, any takers on how long? Interview was last Wednesday.
Reply 2988
Original post by beepbeeprichie
BTW has anyone heard anything re Eversheds post interview?

I had a f2f interview last Thursday and waiting to hear back
Original post by bravenew
I had a f2f interview last Thursday and waiting to hear back

They didn't say when, did they? I've been waiting months.
Has anyone heard from Charles Russell since acknowledgement of the application?
Original post by stefwad75

Nope, still nothing!
Original post by stefwad75

still waiting as well
Reply 2993
Original post by beepbeeprichie
They didn't say when, did they? I've been waiting months.

No they didnt mention it. You had your f2f months ago and havnt heard back?? Thats shocking! You should call them- or storm their office! I read on their twitter page a girl saying she had her interview last friday and was called 2 hours later with a VS offer. Well that didnt happen to me (same office) so bit worried there...
Original post by bravenew
No they didnt mention it. You had your f2f months ago and havnt heard back?? Thats shocking! You should call them- or storm their office! I read on their twitter page a girl saying she had her interview last friday and was called 2 hours later with a VS offer. Well that didnt happen to me (same office) so bit worried there...

Ah ****. They were my last hope.
Has anyone heard from Irwin Mitchell Manchester re BLS assessment day on Friday? I missed a call from G.R.
Reply 2996
Original post by russellkaminski
Has anyone heard from Irwin Mitchell Manchester re BLS assessment day on Friday? I missed a call from G.R.

I was there too! But havnt heard back...
Reply 2997
Anyone heard anything else from Bircham Dyson Bell yet other than the shortlisting email?
Reply 2998
Has anyone heard anything from Bristows yet? I put my first choice as their spring placement, but haven't' heard anything!
And anyone still waiting to hear from Clyde & Co?
Original post by erus35
Don't give up mate! I really can understand where you coming from. It took me 3 years and over 100 rejections to get 2 Vac Schemes this year. I am really happy about this! Persevere, my friend, you will get there in the end!

The same goes for everyone else! Persevere and do not put your hands down! Last year after being interviewed for a TC in top firms I really felt like giving up but by continuing and trying my best I finally got somewhere. The same will happen to you guys.

I really sincerely wish you good luck! :smile:

Thanks mate, I needed to read something like this.

Congrats on those Vac schemes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending