The Student Room Group

The Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Support and Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by Obsolescence
It really does. Thankfully I did well on exams, getting all As. I think I'm one of those obnoxious peoplpe who can get away with not doing the work normally required to get good grades. Put it this way, my Biology vales hates me :biggrin:

Well done then you! :grin:
Original post by Anonymous
Posting anon because no-one knows about this but my best friend and mum.

Hi everyone :smile: Been following this thread for a few weeks now.

Basically over the past few months I've been experiencing intrusive thoughts and have self-diagnosed with Pure-O - everything I've read about it describes me to a T. I've also realised that I most likely had mild OCD as a child with the physical compulsions as well, but I just thought that was the way I was and that there wasn't anything different about it - as a child, looking back on it now, I was quite lonely (only child with 2 working parents, lots of friends at school but spent a lot of time with myself in my own head) so didn't have much to compare my experiences to in terms of people my own age.

I'm finding the intrusive thoughts a lot easier to deal with now than I did 5 months ago, and have been seeing a psychotherapist for the past 2 months for other issues, but have discussed the thoughts quite a lot with him. However, I still have periods of 7-10 days every 3 weeks or so where I'll sink into that horrible cycle of thoughts, checking, worrying about whether I am a terrible person, telling myself I am a terrible person, followed by picking myself up and telling myself I have the choice to be who I want to be and it's just the thoughts, before another trigger comes along and it all starts again. My psychotherapist is using some CBT techniques but a lot of what we're working on is looking into my childhood which I've read isn't too effective for OCD. At the moment I am managing by keeping myself occupied with friends and work, but I don't want it to get any worse as I can't go on having these thoughts my whole life, the thought disgusts me.. don't know whether to go to the GP if it gets any worse and try to get some full-on CBT organised or at least go on a waiting list? Worried that GP might not understand or have seen much Pure-O before..

As I say, I'm managing now (which also worries me because then part of me thinks I should be finding the thoughts more repulsive than they are :s-smilie: :frown: ) but yeah basically what have people's experiences been with CBT and Pure-O, if any?

Also can anyone recommend any books for Pure-O or ones which use CBT methods? I have a couple on the way.. "Overcoming Obsessive Thoughts: How to Gain Control of Your OCD" and "Overcoming Obsessive Compulsive Disorder"

Hey :hello:

Sonnds like you;ve had some real horrible times with your OCD :frown: :console: You've been doing really well considering what you have to deal with tbh. And yep, I'd go to the GP if it gets worse, it can't hurt right?

CBT can be really helpful in helping identify when thoughts and compulsions tend to come up the most, why, and give you a few coping mechanisms. Again, if you've been really struggling, it can't hurt to try at all :no:

Oh, one more: Occasionally, after I've been reading before bed and have switched the light off, I have to switch the light on and check which page number I was on, or check if a word was on a certain page, because otherwise I tell myself I won't be able to sleep.

So weird when I see it there written down :s-smilie:

These things don't bother me so much any more, as I don't doubt they cause a lot of stress and anxiety to others who have much more severe compulsions than me, but (for me right now) the obsessive thoughts and ruminations cause much more anxiety than my physical compulsions. Sometimes find myself wishing I had "normal" OCD instead of POCD, I know that's really horrible though.. :frown: Sorry :frown:

Nice to know I'm not alone though :smile:

I have this thing with books too, I have to know what page number I stopped. When things got really bad once, I'd obsessively say it over and over in my head when doing other activities, until I went back to reading :erm:

It's always a nice feeling knowing you've not alone. Stick around :hugs:

Original post by popple7
wee update: trich beat me a little this week. damage control has been working pretty well (stopping before i pull too many, and trying to stop quicker than before)... but i had a stressful day the other day and felt fed up and insecure and generally rubbish, so took it out on my left side. i have a chunk of brow missing from the last time, and now i have a matching patch on my lashes :frown: and they were looking sooo good! so angry with myself. back to wearing falsies.

my right side looks nice and normal though. so i look really weird without makeup on, all uneven. it could be worse, it's not as bad as ive done in the past. i just hate the effort of filling the gap in my lashes with false lashes. ****ing trich.

aww lovely, im sorry you're having a tough time again :frown: is it living at home and family stuff again? i know uni seems so far away, but in a few months time you'll be there and you wont have to live at home for YEARS, or even EVER! you're made of tougher stuff than you give yourself credit for so just ride it out and hopefully uni will be the time of your life :smile: :hugs:

Aww hun :frown: :console: Don't be angry with yourself though, you're doing well considering :sadnod: Like you said, it could be worse :sadnod: Just try and think about how lovely they were and try hard to aim for that again :hugs:

Thanks, and yeah its those stuff again :frown: And yeah, I'm trying to remember I'll get to go to uni, thank you. Just need to try not to mess up on exams so that I meet my offer :redface:

Original post by Romanorum-Hellas
Hey. I have to admit that I read your 'little battle' story with laughter :colondollar: I'm the exact same though. I sit at my writing/reading table and spend ages trying to clean any dirt off my laptop and I'm obsessed with handling books properly. I let few people touch my books; those that are accorded that honour often make me angry because they blunt the corners of the pages or mishandle the spine :awesome:

Aw lol, that's okay :tongue: Good to see you can relate though. How is your OCD like, in terms of severity?
Original post by ViceVersa

Sonnds like you;ve had some real horrible times with your OCD :frown: :console: You've been doing really well considering what you have to deal with tbh. And yep, I'd go to the GP if it gets worse, it can't hurt right?

CBT can be really helpful in helping identify when thoughts and compulsions tend to come up the most, why, and give you a few coping mechanisms. Again, if you've been really struggling, it can't hurt to try at all :no:

I have this thing with books too, I have to know what page number I stopped. When things got really bad once, I'd obsessively say it over and over in my head when doing other activities, until I went back to reading :erm:

Thank you for replying :smile: I think I'm going to ring my GP first thing in the morning as I really just want to get it sorted out and I'm starting to get into avoidance and believing I'm really that terrible person which is never good :frown:

Thank you for the advice :smile:

I can completely relate! Although usually, with me, it's just a need to know which page number I was on, not for any purpose as I'll always lay the book down open so I can go back to reading at the same place, but I don't know why - I just need to know! So weird..

Thank you again :hugs: I will definitely be sticking around.
Reply 762
Thank you for replying :smile: I think I'm going to ring my GP first thing in the morning as I really just want to get it sorted out and I'm starting to get into avoidance and believing I'm really that terrible person which is never good :frown:

Thank you for the advice :smile:

I can completely relate! Although usually, with me, it's just a need to know which page number I was on, not for any purpose as I'll always lay the book down open so I can go back to reading at the same place, but I don't know why - I just need to know! So weird..

Thank you again :hugs: I will definitely be sticking around.

No worries :h: And that sounds like a good plan :yy: and yep, it is never good :nope:

I know what you mean. Some things, I just feel like I need to know..

You're welcome, and that's great! :hugs:

Aww hun :frown: :console: Don't be angry with yourself though, you're doing well considering :sadnod: Like you said, it could be worse :sadnod: Just try and think about how lovely they were and try hard to aim for that again :hugs:

Thanks, and yeah its those stuff again :frown: And yeah, I'm trying to remember I'll get to go to uni, thank you. Just need to try not to mess up on exams so that I meet my offer :redface:

Aw lol, that's okay :tongue: Good to see you can relate though. How is your OCD like, in terms of severity?

My OCD is strong with food. Every few months I have a particular food/dish that I am obsessed with, so I literally eat it lots and often become totally bored of it. For example, I used to eat pasta 4 or 5 times a week but now I only have it 2 or 3 times a month. Don't know how I manage to stay slim :colondollar:

But it isn't that severe with other things. As I mentioned in my last post, I am a bit of a perfectionist who abhors anyone touching my stuff - especially books!
My OCD is strong with food. Every few months I have a particular food/dish that I am obsessed with, so I literally eat it lots and often become totally bored of it. For example, I used to eat pasta 4 or 5 times a week but now I only have it 2 or 3 times a month. Don't know how I manage to stay slim :colondollar:

But it isn't that severe with other things. As I mentioned in my last post, I am a bit of a perfectionist who abhors anyone touching my stuff - especially books!

I am really particular with food but that's more to do with the preparation of it. I rarely eat out and if I'm invited out to eat somewhere I don't know very well I'll often make up some excuse as to why I can't go.

As for people touching my stuff, I, too, can't stand it.

-

I'm pretty sure the last time I posted in here you didn't have offers from universities to study Medicine, so congratulations. Hope you get the grades now.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 765
WAHEY! AN OCD THREAD! :biggrin: I have OCD (Pure-O). I developed, what I would describe as just less than mild symptoms at quite an early age, but, I was only diagnosed with it last year when things got really though for me. I have been in therapy sessions and up to now I have not made much progress. I do however, have a better understanding of the disorder. :biggrin: Its hard to believe and think that I will be better but I know that somehow things will change. My lifer is actually an inconvenient truth, so to say, and because of this my OCD problems aren't like the majority of peoples. You see... most people have some specific themes and for me its always been a little different. I don't just have some themes, anything in life can become a problem because of this constant cycle/rumination of thoughts. I did think to myself... "This cant be OCD... why is it that I anything is a problem?". so my therapist affirmed that it is OCD only mine is on a more general field! Which totally effing sucks! its hard to enjoy anything, its super tough to feel any emotion other than fear!

ANYWAY... I have been able to decrease some level of checking. I know that my main problem is the fact that I need 100% certainty about everything and that is what I need to work on the most; learn to live with the uncertainty of things. I just want to get better or make some progress before I go to uni this year! sorry for the gigantic post!

good luck to everyone! :biggrin:
Reply 766
OFFER FROM BARTSS (QUEEN MARY)!!!! So happy!! :woo: :woo: :woohoo:

I think I have the food thing a bit too!

Original post by TheMagicRat
I'm pretty sure the last time I posted in here you didn't have offers from universities to study Medicine, so congratulations. Hope you get the grades now.

Yep, I think I didn't :nah: SO happy. THANK YOUUU! :woo: I hope I do too :h:

Original post by miggy93
WAHEY! AN OCD THREAD! :biggrin: I have OCD (Pure-O). I developed, what I would describe as just less than mild symptoms at quite an early age, but, I was only diagnosed with it last year when things got really though for me. I have been in therapy sessions and up to now I have not made much progress. I do however, have a better understanding of the disorder. :biggrin: Its hard to believe and think that I will be better but I know that somehow things will change. My lifer is actually an inconvenient truth, so to say, and because of this my OCD problems aren't like the majority of peoples. You see... most people have some specific themes and for me its always been a little different. I don't just have some themes, anything in life can become a problem because of this constant cycle/rumination of thoughts. I did think to myself... "This cant be OCD... why is it that I anything is a problem?". so my therapist affirmed that it is OCD only mine is on a more general field! Which totally effing sucks! its hard to enjoy anything, its super tough to feel any emotion other than fear!

ANYWAY... I have been able to decrease some level of checking. I know that my main problem is the fact that I need 100% certainty about everything and that is what I need to work on the most; learn to live with the uncertainty of things. I just want to get better or make some progress before I go to uni this year! sorry for the gigantic post!

good luck to everyone! :biggrin:

Hi! And welcome to the thread! It certainly looks like you're making some form of progress with your OCD! Hope you keep making progress, especially in time for uni! Have you told anyone like friends or family about it? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Hi! And welcome to the thread! It certainly looks like you're making some form of progress with your OCD! Hope you keep making progress, especially in time for uni! Have you told anyone like friends or family about it? :smile:

Haha I have had OCD with food since I was about 6. My current obsessions are fajitas and red pesto pasta :tongue: In about a month or so I will probably not eat them at all!

Recently I have developed minor OCD concerning hygiene. I clean something about three times, even though it was evidently clean the first time round :colondollar:
Recently I have developed minor OCD concerning hygiene. I clean something about three times, even though it was evidently clean the first time round :colondollar:

I clean everything three times minimum :') it's a nice number generally :biggrin:

omg well done!!!! :biggrin: isn't it supposed to be really hard to get in there? :O
I have OCD though i've never been to a doctor.

It was horrific a few years ago when I was left traumatised by some day dreams that would start with good intentions but quickly degrade into a scenario with the worst possible outcomes. And the images would continue to haunt me over and over. I would try to convince my self they're all nonsense but they would simply reoccur and thus a viscious cycle would ensue. Once my mind was bored of torturing me with one of it's malicious creations it would simply unleash another. It try's to resurface in one way or another.

It only started to calm down once I changed the way I think a bit. If a bad thought would occur to me I wouldn't confront it. I would keep calm and I would simply let the thought pass through without responding to it and just carry on with what I was doing. When I thought this way it was as if I could intuitively distinguish between what I thought was rational and irrational.

I've been so stressed out the past few weeks about stuff though that this thread has just made me realise that the compulsions have been much much stronger again and I have unknowingly degressed back into my old negative thought patterns.

My mum thinks i'm crazy when I sometimes stand there almost catatomically trying to free myself from some compulsion.

I want to get rid of this disease for good! Should I just go and see a doctor about it, and perhaps he could prescribe me something. The reason why i've been so reluctant is because I don't want it stuck on my medical record.

Or should I try (forgive the new-ageness here) a more holistic approach like meditation? I have learned empirically that the more I emotionally respond to a compulsion the stronger it gets. I've never tried meditation before. Being quite an anxious individual the most i've been relaxed is when I was stoned. So if I tried something which calms the mind without any cognitive impairment would it help? Anyone tried meditation?

Oh, and just to make sure, since i've never been medically diagnosed with anything - the above is OCD right? Hope i've not been barking up the wrong tree all these years.
Reply 770

omg TWO offers now!?! lady seriously, you are AMAZING! :biggrin: :biggrin: massive congrats! have you decided which one you'd prefer to go to yet?

hows things in general anyhow? not spoke in a while! hope things are better since we last spoke and happiness of the offers hasnt worn off too much yet!

trich got baddddd since the last post. it's like cycles of severity... i can go for days/weeks of calm, then it will just gradually worsen until i have a chunk of hair missing. then ill feel so down about it, it will motivate me to stop for a bit. then the cycle continues. being down generally doesnt help.

hopefully ill go through my calm phase again now though. dont want to have to wear a full set of false lashes on a daily basis, so much effort just to look normal :s-smilie:

hope everyone's alright!
Reply 771

Hey. Yap pretty much everyone I'm really close with knows about it all. There are still some friends that I need to tell but can help but to fear a sense of wrong judgement from them... especially due to some themes that take over my mind! :s-smilie:
Reply 772
SORRY THIS IS SO LATE! Had a couple of very busy days :sadnod:

Haha I have had OCD with food since I was about 6. My current obsessions are fajitas and red pesto pasta :tongue: In about a month or so I will probably not eat them at all!

Awww :console:

As my knowledge developed on stuff like germs, so did my OCD with food and other such things :tongue:

I have the cleaning problem too, and hand washing after touching some things a number of times too :sigh:

Original post by kayleigh.jean
omg well done!!!! :biggrin: isn't it supposed to be really hard to get in there? :O

THANKKK YOUU!!! :biggrin: :woo: And yeah, lil bit :teehee:

:woo: :woo: :woo:

Original post by popple7
omg TWO offers now!?! lady seriously, you are AMAZING! :biggrin: :biggrin: massive congrats! have you decided which one you'd prefer to go to yet?

hows things in general anyhow? not spoke in a while! hope things are better since we last spoke and happiness of the offers hasnt worn off too much yet!

trich got baddddd since the last post. it's like cycles of severity... i can go for days/weeks of calm, then it will just gradually worsen until i have a chunk of hair missing. then ill feel so down about it, it will motivate me to stop for a bit. then the cycle continues. being down generally doesnt help.

hopefully ill go through my calm phase again now though. dont want to have to wear a full set of false lashes on a daily basis, so much effort just to look normal :s-smilie:

hope everyone's alright!

I KNOW!! IT'S CRAZY :gah: THANK YOUU :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: And, nope, I keep going back and forth with my decision. There's an open day for both next week and the week after for offer-holders, so I think I'll be more clear with my decision then :yes:

Things are better :smile: Let's hope it stays that way because I seriously doubt it! I keep getting really high and okay, and then not okay and struggling :erm:

Aww hunn :hugs: I can understand about certain cycles - so easy to get yourself into one but damn difficult to get out! Just remember you're doing the best you can, so be proud! You're trying your hardest to fight it which is a good thing. And if you feel bring down doesn't help much maybe try those extracurriculas like zumba we talked about earlier? Take care of yourself boo :hugs:

Original post by miggy93
Hey. Yap pretty much everyone I'm really close with knows about it all. There are still some friends that I need to tell but can help but to fear a sense of wrong judgement from them... especially due to some themes that take over my mind! :s-smilie:

That's a good thing then! Keep going with telling more of your friends if you feel like they will support you :yep:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 773
I have OCD though i've never been to a doctor.

It was horrific a few years ago when I was left traumatised by some day dreams that would start with good intentions but quickly degrade into a scenario with the worst possible outcomes. And the images would continue to haunt me over and over. I would try to convince my self they're all nonsense but they would simply reoccur and thus a viscious cycle would ensue. Once my mind was bored of torturing me with one of it's malicious creations it would simply unleash another. It try's to resurface in one way or another.

It only started to calm down once I changed the way I think a bit. If a bad thought would occur to me I wouldn't confront it. I would keep calm and I would simply let the thought pass through without responding to it and just carry on with what I was doing. When I thought this way it was as if I could intuitively distinguish between what I thought was rational and irrational.

I've been so stressed out the past few weeks about stuff though that this thread has just made me realise that the compulsions have been much much stronger again and I have unknowingly degressed back into my old negative thought patterns.

My mum thinks i'm crazy when I sometimes stand there almost catatomically trying to free myself from some compulsion.

I want to get rid of this disease for good! Should I just go and see a doctor about it, and perhaps he could prescribe me something. The reason why i've been so reluctant is because I don't want it stuck on my medical record.

Or should I try (forgive the new-ageness here) a more holistic approach like meditation? I have learned empirically that the more I emotionally respond to a compulsion the stronger it gets. I've never tried meditation before. Being quite an anxious individual the most i've been relaxed is when I was stoned. So if I tried something which calms the mind without any cognitive impairment would it help? Anyone tried meditation?

Oh, and just to make sure, since i've never been medically diagnosed with anything - the above is OCD right? Hope i've not been barking up the wrong tree all these years.

Welcome :hello:

Awww :console: Looks like you've had it pretty bad with the OCD, I personally think if it's that bad you should go to see your GP and forget about the medical records thing. Your well being is far more important :sadnod: I struggled with it too but trust me, when you finally take that step you feel a sense of pride, and slowly begin to forget why it was such a big issue in the first place. A hollistic approach is always good, so you need to get access to lots of different things, but you won't until you visit someone to help :yep:

Most people with OCD do no use medication and instead utilise other treatments like therapy, and that could help you especially given you have thought compulsions and stuff :sadnod: There are medicines available to help, mostly targetting anxiety and hoping this helps to suppress the OCD a bit. Hope this helped you somewhat. :hugs:
Reply 774
Oh yeah OCD is a Bi**h! its completely taken over my emotions and feelings. I'm so caught in what's going on in my head that I don't feel anything any more, apart from fear and anxiety! :frown: plus I think I also suffer from social anxiety! and on top of all this, common OCD themes I encounter during the day are appearing in my dreams regularly and its scared the shizz out of me! I can be dreaming and still be feeling the anxiety while I sleep! does anyone else get this?

for me its a never ending story! I can relate to something someone said further up this page... the more I gain knowledge on something the harder it becomes and the more I analyse my thoughts or any situation! :s-smilie:
Reply 775
SORRY THIS IS SO LATE! Had a couple of very busy days :sadnod:

Awww :console:

As my knowledge developed on stuff like germs, so did my OCD with food and other such things :tongue:

I have the cleaning problem too, and hand washing after touching some things a number of times too :sigh:

THANKKK YOUU!!! :biggrin: :woo: And yeah, lil bit :teehee:

:woo: :woo: :woo:

I KNOW!! IT'S CRAZY :gah: THANK YOUU :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: And, nope, I keep going back and forth with my decision. There's an open day for both next week and the week after for offer-holders, so I think I'll be more clear with my decision then :yes:

Things are better :smile: Let's hope it stays that way because I seriously doubt it! I keep getting really high and okay, and then not okay and struggling :erm:

Aww hunn :hugs: I can understand about certain cycles - so easy to get yourself into one but damn difficult to get out! Just remember you're doing the best you can, so be proud! You're trying your hardest to fight it which is a good thing. And if you feel bring down doesn't help much maybe try those extracurriculas like zumba we talked about earlier? Take care of yourself boo :hugs:

That's a good thing then! Keep going with telling more of your friends if you feel like they will support you :yep:

are you on any meds? do they not help with the highs/lows? i know the feeling, well i used to know the feeling, im more numb/apathetic these days though. i think things will be so much better when you're at uni, you can really have a fresh new start and carve out a much better life for yourself. focus on the long term goals and ambitions, when you're struggling with the low times. :hugs: to you though. things going well with your fella? hope he's keeping you stable during the rocky times!

least you have a choice about the unis though! i would see how you feel after the open days and then go with your gut instinct, you'll know instinctively which one feels like the right choice for you. go with that feeling, rather than what's best on paper. both unis you have to choose from are great, so it's really about what you feel is best for you. keep us posted about it all!

life's at a bit of a standstill for me at the mo and havent done much in terms of hobbies or setting goals. i have a day off tomorrow though, so im having a day of indulgence for myself and going to make lists and plans and get things back on track and in perspective :smile: that first step is always so hard though, so fingers crossed for tomorrow!

thanks for the kind words. you're right, i shouldnt beat myself up when ive done so well! i had another bad night with trich last night, but im feeling so much more positive today. really ready to fight the compulsions now, no giving in. i did so well for the past month or two, so i know im capable... just need to find that bravery/strength again this month. will post more frequently if i need the support, i think. it's always helpful to rationalise your thoughts in words on here. :smile:

hope everyone's well! hugs to all that need them.
Reply 776
Sorry this is really late! Been revising all week though so I had a good reason! Feeling very happy at the productiveness! :biggrin:

Original post by miggy93
Oh yeah OCD is a Bi**h! its completely taken over my emotions and feelings. I'm so caught in what's going on in my head that I don't feel anything any more, apart from fear and anxiety! :frown: plus I think I also suffer from social anxiety! and on top of all this, common OCD themes I encounter during the day are appearing in my dreams regularly and its scared the shizz out of me! I can be dreaming and still be feeling the anxiety while I sleep! does anyone else get this?

for me its a never ending story! I can relate to something someone said further up this page... the more I gain knowledge on something the harder it becomes and the more I analyse my thoughts or any situation! :s-smilie:

That sucks :frown: :console: And yes, I've sometimes felt anxiety while asleep :sadnod:

I can be like that too sometimes, like with germs for example :unimpressed:

Original post by popple7
are you on any meds? do they not help with the highs/lows? i know the feeling, well i used to know the feeling, im more numb/apathetic these days though. i think things will be so much better when you're at uni, you can really have a fresh new start and carve out a much better life for yourself. focus on the long term goals and ambitions, when you're struggling with the low times. :hugs: to you though. things going well with your fella? hope he's keeping you stable during the rocky times!

least you have a choice about the unis though! i would see how you feel after the open days and then go with your gut instinct, you'll know instinctively which one feels like the right choice for you. go with that feeling, rather than what's best on paper. both unis you have to choose from are great, so it's really about what you feel is best for you. keep us posted about it all!

life's at a bit of a standstill for me at the mo and havent done much in terms of hobbies or setting goals. i have a day off tomorrow though, so im having a day of indulgence for myself and going to make lists and plans and get things back on track and in perspective :smile: that first step is always so hard though, so fingers crossed for tomorrow!

thanks for the kind words. you're right, i shouldnt beat myself up when ive done so well! i had another bad night with trich last night, but im feeling so much more positive today. really ready to fight the compulsions now, no giving in. i did so well for the past month or two, so i know im capable... just need to find that bravery/strength again this month. will post more frequently if i need the support, i think. it's always helpful to rationalise your thoughts in words on here. :smile:

hope everyone's well! hugs to all that need them.

Yeah I am, and sometimes the do help :s-smilie: and yes that's what I've been doing this week! Thinking of uni, it's really helped! :smile: And things are okay :smile:

That's for the advice! I've used it :smile: Will come to a decision I will announce soon! :biggrin: Thanks hun :lovehug:

How has this week been for you hun? :hugs:
Reply 777
I FIRMED BARTS (Insured Keele)!!!! :biggrin: :gah: :sogood:
Reply 778
Sorry this is really late! Been revising all week though so I had a good reason! Feeling very happy at the productiveness! :biggrin:

That sucks :frown: :console: And yes, I've sometimes felt anxiety while asleep :sadnod:

I can be like that too sometimes, like with germs for example :unimpressed:

Yeah I am, and sometimes the do help :s-smilie: and yes that's what I've been doing this week! Thinking of uni, it's really helped! :smile: And things are okay :smile:

That's for the advice! I've used it :smile: Will come to a decision I will announce soon! :biggrin: Thanks hun :lovehug:

How has this week been for you hun? :hugs:

well done on a productive week! so OCD hasnt been getting in your way so much with the revising? hope not!

and also MEGA CONGRATS ON FIRMING BARTS! woop woop! how exciting! :biggrin: :biggrin: seriously, you should be so so proud of yourself. getting into med school is hard enough, getting into such a good one is SUCH an achievement! especially after the incredibly difficult time you've been through recently. you're seriously brilliant!

tough tough week for me and the trich. i dont want to go into details because im just fed up of trich now... but yeah, the damage isnt as bad as it has been in the past, which is a good thing. but emotionally it's been a toughie.

and i ****ing hate the sunshine. i must be the only person in britain to hate the sun :tongue: hahah. bring back winter/christmas!
Reply 779
Original post by popple7
well done on a productive week! so OCD hasnt been getting in your way so much with the revising? hope not!

and also MEGA CONGRATS ON FIRMING BARTS! woop woop! how exciting! :biggrin: :biggrin: seriously, you should be so so proud of yourself. getting into med school is hard enough, getting into such a good one is SUCH an achievement! especially after the incredibly difficult time you've been through recently. you're seriously brilliant!

tough tough week for me and the trich. i dont want to go into details because im just fed up of trich now... but yeah, the damage isnt as bad as it has been in the past, which is a good thing. but emotionally it's been a toughie.

and i ****ing hate the sunshine. i must be the only person in britain to hate the sun :tongue: hahah. bring back winter/christmas!

Thank you! :biggrin: and surprisingly not, though there were the odd days when it was quite bad :erm:

and THANK YOUUUU!!! :biggrin: and thanks, I am kind of proud of myself :blush: awww thanks again :colondollar:

Oh hun :frown: :console: Has it become better since you posted this? :console:

Boyfriend and I are on a break :frown: feeling really **** :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest