Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by posterpreviouslyknownascoss:D

Looks all right, same as andrewmc96's.
Reply 161
for the calculator i got

1) 3030000
2)a) 14
b) the first time they could do less sit ups on average and the second time they were more consistent
3) 5 litres
4) 2.61cm
5) 40cm
6) £860
7) 18.31
8) 15cm^2
9) 1503.5cm^2
10)a) f=1.2d=1.8
b) £10.20
11)a) 7.38cm
b) 73.8 degrees
12)a) -3
b) x= 11.5 or x= 168.5
13)a) 2x*3=x^2+5
= x^2 -6x +5
b) x=5

There y'all go hope this helps and there all right :smile:
Do you think the SQA will make the pass marks higher since it was a relatively easy paper (especially paper 2)?
Reply 163
calculator paper

Now i've seen both papers I'm sorry to say that i don't think it was harder than previous years - different in places yes but not harder. Just my opinion though :wink:
Original post by kierandoran
Do you think the SQA will make the pass marks higher since it was a relatively easy paper (especially paper 2)?

I reckon the pass mark will be slightly lower than normal, simply because of the (perceived) difficulty of the first paper. The second paper was slightly easier than normal but not much easier. I think it will be 65% for a 1 and 45% for a 2.
From what I hear pass marks are never increased.
Original post by andrewmc96
I reckon the pass mark will be slightly lower than normal, simply because of the (perceived) difficulty of the first paper. The second paper was slightly easier than normal but not much easier. I think it will be 65% for a 1 and 45% for a 2.

Interesting... Yes some people did find paper 1 difficult so you could be right
Reply 167
Do you know if you still get a 1 if you got a 1 in the KU and a 1 in the RE?
Reply 168

As low as that? :s-smilie:... I thought it was normally 75%?
Reply 169
Original post by anthonyfl
From what I hear pass marks are never increased.

Standard Grade pass marks fluctuate all the time. Okay its never like 10% change but at most it might differ by like 5%...

You will find that higher will generally never budge more than 1% off the original pass mark.

No way, that would mean getting 29/45 for a 1, that'll never happen! (unless it's the RE part of the paper maybe? :smile:)

Remember KU and RE have different pass marks
Reply 171
Whats the biggie?

Wait till August the 7th and all will be revealed.

Y'all seem pretty confident anyways so chilax.
Reply 172
No way, that would mean getting 29/45 for a 1, that'll never happen! (unless it's the RE part of the paper maybe? :smile:)

i take it RE is generally lower? No?:smile:
I have marked my papers and was wondering if anyone knew how the final mark is roughly calculated?

Bearing in mind there are two different KU and PS sections from each paper to consider ect
Original post by rd700
i take it RE is generally lower? No?:smile:

Yes, at its very worst 29/45. But usually it's 32-34. And KU has always been 34-35 :smile:
Original post by JamieDWMiller
I have marked my papers and was wondering if anyone knew how the final mark is roughly calculated?

Bearing in mind there are two different KU and PS sections from each paper to consider ect

Add total KU from both papers. Divide by 45 and times by 100 to get percentage.

Add total RE from both papers. Divide by 45 and times by 100 to get percentage.

Usually 34-35 is a 1 for KU.

Usually 29-34 is a 1 for RE
Reply 176
Yes, at its very worst 29/45. But usually it's 32-34. And KU has always been 34-35 :smile:

okay thanks man:smile:

Oh yeah, forgot KU and RE had different pass marks
Original post by mrsnicket
Yeah, the formula was 1/2n(1/2n+1) I put...?

I put 1/2n(1/2n+1) :biggrin:
what does everyone think the pass mark for a 2 will be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending