The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History "Life in Germany c1919–c1945" 20th June 2012

I couldn't find a thread for this exam- is there anyone else doing it?! Or have I missed the thread somewhere!? If I have, could you please link me to it!

Otherwise... my revision hasn't really started yet. I've been concentrating on Biology, and now I have a week to do History and Math, but Math is one of my strongest subjects. History on the other hand.... I'm so nervous!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Desperately need to revise the content as i've forget most of it :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by YNWA
Desperately need to revise the content as i've forget most of it :frown:

I have the same issue! Not that I ever remembered much in the first place... :L
Reply 3
Hi, I'm taking this exam too. yep, I'm pretty nervous.
Reply 4
I've got this exam on Wednesday next week and I'm so nervous - been busy with revising for the medicine & treatment history exam I had today. I'm freaking out though as I got 3 exams in a row next week :s-smilie:
I haven't found a thread for this but if you find one can you write it on here, thanks :smile:

By the way good luck to you guys too :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Jess170
I've got this exam on Wednesday next week and I'm so nervous - been busy with revising for the medicine & treatment history exam I had today. I'm freaking out though as I got 3 exams in a row next week :s-smilie:
I haven't found a thread for this but if you find one can you write it on here, thanks :smile:

I'm really nervous about this exam as I haven't revised it at all since January and we finished learning about it in class in December 2010 :/
Reply 6
Original post by Jess170

Do you have Edexcel Math, too? There's a thread for that-
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2015892

And as for the History medicine exam, there won't be threads for 24 hours to discuss it as it's edexcel, so threads aren't allowed for 24 hours after- people do the exams worldwide, and could gain an unfair advantage if they saw us discussing it!

I'm also freaking out somewhat don't worry >.<
Eeek! I'm pretty nervous.
Mainly because I havn't done any revision!
Urgh! Need. to. learnnnnn

Remember!= The Nazis had two methods for ensuring support- terror and persuasion. Terror was achieved though the SS, secret police, the Gestapo. Persuasion was achieved through propaganda- Goebbels the great manipulator!
Anyone elso got random facts?
Such as the opposion of church leader Ludwig Niemoller, or a German joke about Hitler- "My friend Adolf has given me his picture and he has even signed it! Now, I've got a problem- shall I hang him, or shall I put him up against a wall? those Germans -always kidding, however this joke actually got the person who told it killed!
Reply 8
Original post by Anny Smiles
Do you have Edexcel Math, too? There's a thread for that-
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2015892

And as for the History medicine exam, there won't be threads for 24 hours to discuss it as it's edexcel, so threads aren't allowed for 24 hours after- people do the exams worldwide, and could gain an unfair advantage if they saw us discussing it!

I'm also freaking out somewhat don't worry >.<

I am not looking forward to maths. I really want an A* but I know I'll get an A because I always make silly mistakes :angry:
Reply 9
History! Can't wait, got Geogrpahy in between though :/
Nazi Germany history = Exicting and Easy?
Reply 10
Original post by xXxDHxXx
History! Can't wait, got Geogrpahy in between though :/
Nazi Germany history = Exicting and Easy?

Nope!!
Nazi Germany History = Boring as anything, with too much content, and complicated bits...

I'm so not a Historian, taking History was a mistake, and I was burdened with a less-than-capable teacher.

So now it's me and some textbooks [thank you, Libraries!] making notes and learning this stuff!
Reply 11
History is easy.

100% in both exams so far
And dropped 3 marks in controlled assessment.
Its practically the one thing that I am better than ANYONE at!
well i'm going to fail. I have a really solid A* in History from the Protest, Law & Order, Crime & Punishment and the Coursework.
But I have no idea what could come up, or what they would ask
I am aimlessly learning facts...
HELP, how are you all revising?
Reply 13
Original post by ellenabethx
well i'm going to fail. I have a really solid A* in History from the Protest, Law & Order, Crime & Punishment and the Coursework.
But I have no idea what could come up, or what they would ask
I am aimlessly learning facts...
HELP, how are you all revising?

DH's secret to success:

Learn every single date about Weimar Germany and Hitler
Knowledge about the Eastern Front MIGHT be able to be squeezed in to prove your knowledge.
I mean, if you know about the WW2 and Japanese invasion side, then thats a bonus (Me!)
Write and learn every sigle fact you know, every single number os casulties etc...
Then read through notes, books and guides and articles on web then your guaranteed full marks

HOWEVER, for me, I have to do revision for Gepgraphy Unit 2 for tomorrow, so History's gotta wait. Goodluck!
Reply 14
Now that German is over, it is time to return to History. Dreading this exam tbh
Original post by shmuxel
Now that German is over, it is time to return to History. Dreading this exam tbh

I feel like I'm stalking you because I've found you on this thread after just quoting one of your comments on the thread for German xD

The horror of the medicine and surgery exams are returning. History exams are baaaaad. Too many dates to remember. :eek:
Original post by Anny Smiles
Nope!!
Nazi Germany History = Boring as anything, with too much content, and complicated bits...

I'm so not a Historian, taking History was a mistake, and I was burdened with a less-than-capable teacher.

So now it's me and some textbooks [thank you, Libraries!] making notes and learning this stuff!

History is dull at the best of times, but I'm gonna miss sitting next to you~~~ The good times. Where we stuff our faces at the back of the room. ¬_¬
Reply 17
Original post by Missyeln213
I feel like I'm stalking you because I've found you on this thread after just quoting one of your comments on the thread for German xD

The horror of the medicine and surgery exams are returning. History exams are baaaaad. Too many dates to remember. :eek:

Loool, hope the german went well for you :smile:

I'm not actually doing this exam - I'm doing Edexcel A Unit 2: Germany 1918-39, so can't help you there! I'm sure you'll do well though
Reply 18
Original post by Missyeln213
History is dull at the best of times, but I'm gonna miss sitting next to you~~~ The good times. Where we stuff our faces at the back of the room. ¬_¬

D:
I hadn't thought of that. I shall miss our times as well! <3
Although not the lesson so much. More the eating, and talking... :P

In other news... HISTORY IS TOMORROW. SUGAR.
hey guys, any predictions on what topic could come up tomorrow?

Quick Reply